OxyContin maker knew drug would be addictive, court filing reveals

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Wait...you mean an opioid is....ADDICTIVE??!!?? Gee, you fucking think?

What fucking retard didn't know opioids are addictive?

Anybody got any stories of opioid addiction they'd like to share?

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator

There was one ridiculous study in a medical journal that sorta kinda made it seem like Oxy wasn't all that addictive kinda sorta, and the drug companies took that, and ran with it for years. They made a bloody fortune doing it too.

That coincided with a push in the healthcare field to treat pain as a condition to be cured/relieved, rather than just a symptom of some other dysfunction. Like the idea was that a patient had a right to have their pain relieved. That's when these things started popping up in hospitals.

Nurses and doctors were required to ask their patients about their pain, and refusing to treat that pain was considered a form of malpractice. And we all know how the pain got treated.

You put it all together... the sorta kinda study, the shift in pain treatment philosophy, and the mountains of money being made off painkillers, and well... hilarity ensued.

Read all about it if you're interested...

Last edited:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

That there is a prom example of lawyer science

THE FEZ MAN

There was one ridiculous study in a medical journal that sorta kinda made it seem like Oxy wasn't all that addictive kinda sorta, and the drug companies took that, and ran with it for years. They made a bloody fortune doing it too.

That coincided with a push in the healthcare field to treat pain as a condition to be cured/relieved, rather than just a symptom of some other dysfunction. Like the idea was that a patient had a right to have their pain relieved. That's when these things started popping up in hospitals.

Nurses and doctors were required to ask their patients about their pain, and refusing to treat that pain was considered a form of malpractice. And we all know how the pain got treated.

You put it all together... the sorta kinda study, the shift in pain treatment philosophy, and the mountains of money being made off painkillers, and well... hilarity ensued.

I distinctly remember doctors handing out percs like they were candy, and codine for the slightest cough, valum in un heard of doses (now days) ahhhhh the good old days

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I distinctly remember doctors handing out percs like they were candy, and codine for the slightest cough, valum in un heard of doses (now days) ahhhhh the good old days
When I was in the hospital last year for a lung biopsy they gave me a shit load of pain pills
and told me to take them to "stay ahead of the pain". I asked how do I know if I'm in pain
if I'm constantly on those meds and I got blank stares. I still have over half a bottle left.

THE FEZ MAN

When I was in the hospital last year for a lung biopsy they gave me a shit load of pain pills
and told me to take them to "stay ahead of the pain". I asked how do I know if I'm in pain
if I'm constantly on those meds and I got blank stares. I still have over half a bottle left.
What pissed me off is when I went in for my face surgery, under a fucking local, they wouldn’t even give me a valum

That was a really great and informative book.

How many doctors were so obliviously stupid they didn't see the desperation and weak excuses of the patients hitting them up for refills a year after their broken leg or back surgery?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Oxys don't do fuck all for me for pain. Percocets usually knock me out but that's it, and now I can't even get those.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
How is this news. I knew this 40 years ago when I was 4 years old that pain killers are addictive and if u got hooked in would go to jail and be raped by a large man of color and my mommy and daddy wouldn't bail me out if I was ever arrested for drugs.

Holy flashback.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
What pissed me off is when I went in for my face surgery, under a fucking local, they wouldn’t even give me a valum
My SIL had Emergency oral surgery after being in pain for days. The Dentist sent over a script for 28 of vicodin. She went to pick it up miserable and in pain and they refused to give it to her claiming she was DOCTOR shopping and an addict. They actually accused her of taking and becoming addicted to her husband's pain killers because by than that useless piece of shit was knock knock knocking on death's door.

Needless to say she wasn't happy. It took multiple calls to the Dentist before they would give her a 3 day supply of 12. Not the 7 day supply of 28. I dont think she got anymore than that and did wind up takeing the skell
She was married to meds.

When I heard this I moved all our good shit we have been stockpiling over the years to my safe. I dont trust that fake titted coked up bitch.

Sent from your Mom's box.