Oz The Great and Powerful- Disney, Franco, Williams, Kunis, Weisz- March 8, 2013

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Well it's out, and it's probably going to do big business even with its crappy reviews. And they're already planning a sequel. I hope the Nome King is the villain in that one. And that's not sarcasm.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Sexiest Witch discussion would probably be more interesting than actually talking about this movie. I'm casting my vote for Rachel Weisz as well.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'd much rather watch Jack the Giant Killer, especially after Mike's positive reaction. This looks terrible and might fit into the same category as Alice in Wonderland.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'd much rather watch Jack the Giant Killer, especially after Mike's positive reaction. This looks terrible and might fit into the same category as Alice in Wonderland.
Stay on topic. Which witch?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Girls, girls, you're all pretty.

But I'd go with Weisz. I think she'd be better in the sack than the other two.

I too saw Jack the Giant Slayer (for free) and it was better than I expected. And part of the reason for that was, like they said it was a pure fairy tale movie. Not sarcastic or violent or snarky or meta or modern. Just Jack and the Beanstalk with big budget effects.

I wouldn't say pay for it, but it was decent enough.

It should have been PG though.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I could not refuse the advances of Williams, Weisz, or Kunis.

Thus then, I must have them all. :D

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I saw the flick last night. Ever since Mike and Jay have pointed out how important tone is in movies, I couldn't help but be struck by how inconsistent the tone is in this film. It goes from dead pan serious to goofy, to melodrama to slapstick from scene to scene. The China Doll goes from mourning the death of her entire family to being an entitled brat.

And Franco was entirely miscast in this film. As mention in a HitW thread, I had no idea this role was initially for RDJ. It's like Franco was doing a really poor impression of RDJ.

All that being said, I didn't hate the film. It was passable.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I saw the flick last night. Ever since Mike and Jay have pointed out how important tone is in movies, I couldn't help but be struck by how inconsistent the tone is in this film. It goes from dead pan serious to goofy, to melodrama to slapstick from scene to scene. The China Doll goes from mourning the death of her entire family to being an entitled brat.

And Franco was entirely miscast in this film. As mention in a HitW thread, I had no idea this role was initially for RDJ. It's like Franco was doing a really poor impression of RDJ.

All that being said, I didn't hate the film. It was passable.
Tone keeps coming up in HitW viewing threads. It is so crucial.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
At the end Michelle Williams tells James Franco "it's tight in here" and I really think she was talking about her box.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I saw it. Didn't think it was terrible, but it was definitely weak and the story was kind of lacking. Though I did like the old school Raimi-look for the queen at the end. Franco was miscast. I thought his companions would have had more oomph if they were human and not CGI. It was definitely better than Alice in Wonderland and at least it gave the sense that there were living creatures occupying Oz and not just rocks and card men. Even with the Three Amigos rip-off ending.

I thought Michelle Williams was the best of the lot. There was a quality about her Glinda that made me want to confess my sins and beg for forgiveness. Like that scene in Bad Lieutenant.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Sorry for the mega bump but I didnt think this warranted a new thread.

Oz The GAP is really a remake of...