NETFLIX 'Ozark' (Jason Bateman's thriller, crime, drama project)

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
It started out pretty strong but the quality is falling quickly and it's really easy to identify the issue--character development. There's very little and what's there isn't good. It's all over the place too. They jump around from scene to scene way too much. It doesn't draw you in at all.

The trailer trash family is ridiculous. They should have zero redeeming qualities.

I'll stick with it but it better improve fast.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Even though it's offensive to the people there, that doesn't bother me so much. If they want to portray it as a terrible place for the Byrde family, that's fine, but don't include everyone else. It's one of the most fun places in the country. It's like if they filmed a show at Disney World and everyone was miserable.

With a few million dollars, the Byrde family wouldn't be crazy wealthy there. They'd be middle class. There are houses like this all over the lake...

They aren't primary residences either.

And there are resorts like this...

Why not have an accurate representation?

Last edited:

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this but I'd wager the female lawyer is the head of the cartel.

It is very similar to Breaking Bad. It's not as well done but it's slightly more captivating.

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
Donator
I watched both seasons. It was good, but non-stop crisis after crisis after crisis... it just got a little too unrealistic for me. But the actress who played Ruth was really good and she should win something.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I watched both seasons. It was good, but non-stop crisis after crisis after crisis... it just got a little too unrealistic for me. But the actress who played Ruth was really good and she should win something.
She is very good. I like Jason Bateman and consider him a competent actor but when he is around actors like Ruth and Laura Linney, you see how one dimensional he is. Reminds me of Timmy Elephant in Deadwood.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
She is very good. I like Jason Bateman and consider him a competent actor but when he is around actors like Ruth and Laura Linney, you see how one dimensional he is. Reminds me of Timmy Elephant in Deadwood.
Julia Gardner is a surprisingly good actress. She carries every scene she's in.