Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
and yet the Titans could wipe out the whole thing

Fox Sports said:
Titans Could Nix Pacman's Deal for Wrestling

If Adam "Pacman" Jones steps foot in the ring, he might not step foot on the football field again for the Titans.

"That type of thing is not permitted in accordance with the player's contract,'' Coach Jeff Fisher told The Tennessean.
Many NFL contracts contain clauses against off-field activities that might leave a player injured.

Pacman's lawyer insists that the deal currently being discussed with Total Non-stop Action Wrestling doesn't actually include any wrestling.

The Tennessean reported that a rep for TNA expects a stateent to be made in the next couple of days.

Jones is currently suspended for the season after a series of run-ins with the police during his brief NFL career.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
TNA are a bunch of scum bags how long till they offer a deal for Michael Vick?

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Pacman Jones going to TNA?

Saw this today and thought it'll never be like the big storyline of Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam.

Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam 'Pacman' Jones to debut on wrestling show

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer
August 6, 2007

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is ready to step into the wrestling ring.

He signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and will make his in-ring debut on Thursday, the company said Monday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Jones' first appearance will be for its iMPACT! show on Spike TV, and he'll appear in a pay-per-view show on Sunday. TNA films at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla.

"I am a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try," Jones said in a statement. "I respect wrestling and I'm not coming in like it's just a show. I want to prove that I am the greatest team-sport athlete."

Jones' NFL contract prohibits non-football activities that could cause injury. Jones' agent said last week that they had talked with the Titans about Jones' plans with TNA.

TNA spokesman Steven Godfrey said officials could not comment on whether Jones actually will wrestle.

"But he will be involved in a story line," Godfrey said.

The Titans were on the practice field Monday morning, and coach Jeff Fisher couldn't immediately be contacted for reaction. Titans chief operating officer Steve Underwood didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Jones was suspended in April for the 2007 season by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for conduct detrimental to the league. He dropped his appeal of that punishment in June.

Goodell was asked about Jones' wrestling activities when he visited the Titans' camp Saturday. Goodell said it was up to Jones to decide what's in his best interest as he tries to earn his way back onto the field.

"I've often said that it's not about what you say, it's about what you do," Goodell said. "It's your actions. And I think the actions will have to determine that."

Jones has been arrested six times since being drafted by the Titans in April 2005, including June 22 when he turned himself in on two felony counts of coercion in a Las Vegas strip club fight that left a man paralyzed.

His bid to join the Titans in training camp was denied by the NFL on July 26. Jones' case will be reviewed after the Titans' 10th game, which is Nov. 19.

He wouldn't be the first Titan to make a TNA appearance. Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch worked the corner for retired tight end Frank Wycheck at a TNA tag team match in June in Nashville.

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
I'm sure the NFL will really like this move.. This guy I'm almost willing to bet will never play another down in the NFL.

OandA_Chris

Let's Go Isles
Aug 21, 2002
Long Island,NY
This just good PR for TNA. A shit load of more people will turn in and nothing will happen and he probably will not wrestle, well if he ever wants to play football again he won't.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Didnt Urlacher do that w/ the WWF? I hope he falls out of the ring and snaps his spine....

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
This just good PR for TNA. A shit load of more people will turn in and nothing will happen and he probably will not wrestle, well if he ever wants to play football again he won't.
People may tune in, but that doesn't matter if nobody buys their PPVs. TNA makes just about no money from TV.

ruinedbitredd

Feb 10, 2007
urlacher was in tna for a minute or two. I can't wait to see how stupid this train wreck will become.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
Please let the Titans put the kibbosh on this. I'm mad at everyone who came to Vegas for NBA All-Star Weekend to clog traffic, leave shitty tips, and shoot security guards at strip clubs.