Movie Pacific Rim: Uprising (2) directed by Steven S. DeKnight and starring John Boyega, Tian Jing 3.23.18

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
‘Pacific Rim 2′ Set for 2017
Posted on Thursday, June 26th, 2014 by Russ Fischer

It’s official: a Pacific Rim sequel is coming. Pacific Rim 2 has been set for a 2017 release. Universal will release the film, and Guillermo del Toro says he’s also developing an animated Pacific Rim show that will debut before the film sequel. BuzzFeed reports; we’ll have more shortly.

The director gives us all the info in a short video clip:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
By 2017 nobody will remember the first one. Hell, I barely remember it now. Jax Teller and Stringer Bell vs giant monsters. That's about it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
***UPDATE***

Filming next fall. Confirmed trilogy.

'Pacific Rim 2' Filming Fall 2015; 'Pacific Rim 3' Plans in Place
Guillermo del Toro plans to have 'Pacific Rim 2' move directly into 'Pacific Rim 3', with certain characters set to return.

Back in June, Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro announced that Pacific Rim 2 is moving forward, with Warner Bros. handing out an April 3, 2017 release date, along with an animated TV series that will bridge the gap between the first two movies. While promoting his animated adventure The Book of Life, the filmmaker revealed that he is actually planning on making Pacific Rim 3, with certain characters appearing at the end of Pacific Rim 2 that will lead into the third installment.

Here's what he had to say in a recent interview, where he confirmed that a first draft of the Pacific Rim 2 script is complete.

"We got the first draft of the movie now, and we are going to spend another 4-5 months on the screenplay before we start pre-production. We start pre-production next year in August-September and start shooting November-December next year. The direction we're going in is very different from the first. All I can say is some of your favorite characters come back, some others don't because we have decided that we're going to shoot ambitiously and say 'Let's hope we have three movies,' so some characters come in at the end of the second, hoping that it will ramp up on the third one. I hope people like it, but you're going to get a very different experience from the first one."

The director said in June that Pacific Rim characters Raleigh (Charlie Hunnam), Mako (Rinko Kikuchi), Newt (Charlie Day), Gottlieb (Burn Gorman) and possibly Hannibal (Ron Perlman) will be back for Pacific Rim 2. However, it's possible that he may be holding some of these characters back for the third installment.

Are you excited that Pacific Rim is now being envisioned as a trilogy? Chime in with your thoughts below.

Pacific Rim 2 comes to theaters April 7th, 2017. The film is directed by Guillermo del Toro.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Fucking sweet. I loved the first Pacific Rim. I'm really excited for this movie I hope it can be as good as the first one was if not better. Depending on how this one ends if they don't make a third one I'm going to be really pissed off

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This is a good thing. I hope they get rid of the goofy characters. any director who allows goofy characters in their Sci-Fi should be shot.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I am crossing my fingers that Guillermo del Toro doesn't fuck this up.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Ramin Djawadi better be on board for the music. The score for #1 is one of the few since probably some John Williams shit that I still remember long after seeing the movie.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Ramin Djawadi better be on board for the music. The score for #1 is one of the few since probably some John Williams shit that I still remember long after seeing the movie.
I agree. What's weird is his score for the first Iron Man movie was complete and utter shit. Iron Man didn't get decent music until Iron Man 3.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Never mind physical laws. An ordinary foot soldier can paint a skyscraper from ten miles away for a missile strike. How long would a giant robot last on the battlefield? Those little details nag at me.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Never mind physical laws. An ordinary foot soldier can paint a skyscraper from ten miles away for a missile strike. How long would a giant robot last on the battlefield? Those little details nag at me.
The robots are not fighting missiles, they are fighting monsters. Just claws and fire breath and shit.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The robots are not fighting missiles, they are fighting monsters. Just claws and fire breath and shit.
Don't bother explaining. If he's hung up on the physics, you're fighting a losing battle.