"Pacman" questioned for some crime...again

Apr 14, 2003
Eastern MD
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2007/06/18/0618dkshooting.html

'Pacman' Jones sought for questioning in shooting

By S.A. Reid
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 06/18/07 Troubled NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones is wanted for questioning in a shooting early Monday that left one man with minor injuries.
Police said this morning the suspended Tennessee Titans defensive back is not a suspect in the shooting on the 300 block of Moreland Avenue south of I-285 near Conley in Clayton County.
APAdam 'Pacman' Jones

"[Jones] is not a suspect in the shooting, his vehicle wasn't seen, but we do feel he could give us some guidance on who the suspects are," said Deputy Chief Michael Burrows.
Police have not spoken to Jones or his agent, said Burrows, but Jones did release a statement to the media saying he was not involved in the shooting.
Burrows said witnesses at Club Blaze, a Moreland Avenue strip club, have told police Jones was at the club and that he and his entourage were involved in an argument at about 4:15 a.m. with a group of three men. The argument concerned a dancer at the club, police said.
After the argument, witnesses overheard Jones, a Clayton County native, said he was going to get a gun, police said.
He then left in a black Cadillac Escalade, witnesses told police.
But, when the men with whom they argued left the club in a Toyota Sequoia, Jones's entourage followed them in two vehicles police identified as a green Dodge Charger and a black Pontiac Grand Prix.
A few blocks away from the club near I-285, the victims told police the men in Jones' entourage pulled alongside their vehicle on Moreland Avenue and opened fire. The men returned fire, they told police. Their vehicle was struck seven times, but only one minor injury was reported. Another nearby vehicle was also struck and suffered damage to its windshield.
No charges have been filed in the case.
Jones, who went to Westlake High School, was suspended on April 10 for the upcoming season under the NFL's new stricter player conduct policy. He has been interviewed by police 10 times and been arrested five times since being drafted in 2005. Last week he dropped his appeal of the punishment after meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
"Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell," Jones said in a statement last week. "I met with him [Tuesday] to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."
The season-long suspension could have been reduced to 10 games had Jones met requirements set by Goodell in last week's meeting. Jones was to make $1,292,500 this season.
The most serious of Jones' troubles occurred during in Las Vegas in February when a fight and shooting at a strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend that paralyzed one person. Police recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones.
In 2005, Jones was charged in Nashville with assault and vandalism stemming from an altercation at a night club.
Jones' agent Michael Huyghue said last week that the player would spend his suspension working out and taking online courses from the University of West Virginia, where he played collegiately.
At the time of the suspension, Titans owner Bud Adams told the Associated Press that the team respected Goodell's decision and added: "We are hopeful that it will achieve the goals of disciplining the player and eventually enabling him to return to the field of play."
I would definitely be at da club if I was suspended from an NFL team.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
This kid is a fucking idiot. He just pissed away almost 1.3 million dollars this year and at the rate he is going to be dead soon.

Runs a 4.4 and benches over 300 pounds. What a colossal waste of talent.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
the best part about this is he told the nfl he was self imposing a 12am curfew. ooopppss lets see my watch broke and i didnt know what time it was. dumbass cant wait for his street gang fight with another street gang go horribly wrong and someone actually gets severly hurt. then he will be spending time in the can where he probably should be

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Not shocked at all. This guy is just the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. He deserves to be fucking shot and killed in a parking lot and thrown out of the league.

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
So thats where he was headed last night.... douche...