Pair Arrested In Torture

Stalker2

Tribune Chronicle / Chuck Rogers
Shane DeSmith holds up his blistered hand Tuesday. The Leavittsburg man claims he was tied to a chair and tortured for seven hours Sunday over a $50 debt.

Pair arrested in torture

Man tells police he survived 7-hour ordeal

By CHRISTOPHER BOBBY Tribune Chronicle
POSTED: February 27, 2008

WARREN — A Leavittsburg man said after he was kidnapped and tortured for seven hours Sunday, he finally told his captors to kill him and get it over with.

‘‘I didn’t want to die. But after seven hours, I told them, ‘Just shoot me, dude,’’’ said Shane DeSmith of Riverview Drive N.W. ‘‘I asked for a phone so I could tell my kids that I love ’em.’’

Recovering at home Tuesday after nearly a day in the hospital, DeSmith, 25, says he feels lucky to be alive considering a blowtorch, grinder and sledgehammer were among instruments used against him.

The ordeal, he said, was over a $50 bag of marijuana that he was fronted and still owed.

DeSmith said he was walking along Porter Street N.E. when a father and son pulled up near him and ordered him at gunpoint into their pickup truck. DeSmith said he had flagged them down because he had the money but they told him it ‘‘wasn’t good enough.’’

Police detectives said DeSmith was taken to a home on South Street S.E. about 4:30 p.m. and tied to a yellow chair in the basement where the two men live.

Then — as if out of scene from a movie — one of the men called two friends to come over to watch or take part in the torture. DeSmith said the two visitors went by the nicknames ‘‘Finny’’ and ‘‘Huey.’’

‘‘I didn’t know what to expect when they pulled out a blowtorch,’’ he said.

Fact Box

During his seven hours of torture, Shane DeSmith said he was:
Tied to a chair in a basement;
Hit in the head with a beer bottle;
Beaten with a 2-by-4 board and a sledgehammer;
Burned with items heated by a blow torch;
Had his toes and feet ground with an electric grinder.

LINK: http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/page/content.detail/id/502143.html?nav=5021

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
i guess he wont be stiffing any dope dealers any more

So you're saying the illegalization of marijuana has actually made people less safe?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
So you're saying the illegalization of marijuana has actually made people less safe?
well of course, its always better for every one when you ban some thing, just look at how well alcohol prohibition went. :arrrh:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
I think you're a rich motherfucking motherfucker who owes me a fucking fuckload of motherfucking cash, that's what I think, you rich motherfucking motherfucker. You want some blow, motherfucker? You bring me my motherfucking cash, motherfucker!

When will you hippies realize- pot is bad because it's illegal. I really don't get what you pinkos don't get about that.

When will you hippies realize- pot is bad because it's illegal. I really don't get what you pinkos don't get about that.
Not sure if you were going for sarcasm or not, but I'll respond.

There's an obvious demand. There's been a constant, steady demand for decades. Prohibition obviously isn't going to be the answer here.

When you use prohibition as your only answer all you do is place the job of supplier in the hands of the less ethical.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
With no legal recourse (small claims court) to get paid, motherfucker.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Not sure if you were going for sarcasm or not, but I'll respond.
It's the same circular argument that seems to be going on for decades. Pot is "bad" is because its illegal, in other words it's principle badness comes from its illegality rather than the substance itself. And that's ridiculous. And I'm one of the demanders.

Of so many political issues, it unfortunately seems as though drug reform has fallen by the wayside and that is an important issue to me. I'm sorry but it is. And the only candidate who seems to have made mention of fixing this problem is He Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned Here.

It's the same circular argument that seems to be going on for decades. Pot is "bad" is because its illegal, in other words it's principle badness comes from its illegality rather than the substance itself. And that's ridiculous. And I'm one of the demanders.

Of so many political issues, it unfortunately seems as though drug reform has fallen by the wayside and that is an important issue to me. I'm sorry but it is. And the only candidate who seems to have made mention of fixing this problem is He Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned Here.
At this point it's like we're waiting for the Baby-Boomers to die off so we can actually talk about real issues.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
why we call them savages, part 1236...

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
And the only candidate who seems to have made mention of fixing this problem is He Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned Here.
Sp*z is running for president?

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Pay your fucking debts.

And all this nonsense of legalizing an addictive drug.....sheesh.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Tip; Save your money to pay your dealer instead of getting more stupid fucking tatoos, oh and if you didn't fail piss tests you'd be remotely employable.

If this moron is looking for sympathy he's failing miserably, we have guys on the front in Afghanistan & Iraq and this fucktard expects empathy for his idiot situation, nice try fucktard.

Pay your fucking debts.

Marijuana is barely addictive... If that's your reasoning caffeine should be more illegal than Cocaine.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Tip; Save your money to pay your dealer instead of getting more stupid fucking tatoos, oh and if you didn't fail piss tests you'd be remotely employable.

If this moron is looking for sympathy he's failing miserably, we have guys on the front in Afghanistan & Iraq and this fucktard expects empathy for his idiot situation, nice try fucktard.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
This just goes to show: Smoking Marijuana can ruin your health.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Pay your fucking debts.

Yeah no shit. I mean it isn't like oxycontin is legal. Oh wait it is and there are probably more people addicted to oxycontin than addicted to weed.

‘‘I didn’t want to die. But after seven hours, I told them, ‘Just shoot me, dude,’’’

He'll soon be selling "Just shoot me dude" T-shirts. Show up that "don't tase me bro" asshole something good.

Top Bottom