Palm PDA questions

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Anyone here use a Palm PDA? I have an m515 that's chugging along pretty well, except I let the battery go dead for so long that I lost all my data.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. I bought a new computer but saved the hard drives from my old computer that I used to synch with the Palm. I'm sure that all this data is somewhere on the hard drives because I synched often prior to all this mess. Anyone know where in the hell the data is stored, what the specific file(s) are acalled, and how I can 'restore' all the data to the Palm?

Dave

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
yes I have been using Palm OS products since the early days of the Palm III, if you sync it to that HD you should get all those files automatically synced. as for finding each individual file and restoring it, I am certain you cant do that.

Good luck with it and lmk if you need any help I consider myself to be an advanced user. There is alot you can do with it too. Its almost endless.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I have a treo, and I know I could find the files for it on my hd, but it all depends one where you saved it. Send a PM to Robe,Soup&Tears, he should be able to help you

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Anyone here use a Palm PDA? I have an m515 that's chugging along pretty well, except I let the battery go dead for so long that I lost all my data.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. I bought a new computer but saved the hard drives from my old computer that I used to synch with the Palm. I'm sure that all this data is somewhere on the hard drives because I synched often prior to all this mess. Anyone know where in the hell the data is stored, what the specific file(s) are acalled, and how I can 'restore' all the data to the Palm?

Dave
I've switched to newer models a couple of times. (I have a TX now) As long as you have the same owner name in your pda, it should sync right up and restore any missing files. It won't restore application, though. You'll have to re-install those.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
Use your old hard drive as a master and boot it up, sync to the Palm and then swap them back out. Then you can sync all the stuff into your new hard drive.

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I've switched to newer models a couple of times. (I have a TX now) As long as you have the same owner name in your pda, it should sync right up and restore any missing files. It won't restore application, though. You'll have to re-install those.
Edit:
I skipped over the "New Computer" bit. You're looking for the program files\palm\[folder with your name on it].

Mommadeez4u

Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Edit:
I skipped over the "New Computer" bit. You're looking for the program files\palm\[folder with your name on it].
Could I just move everything inside the folder with my user name on it over into my new C drive's directory of files\palm\[folder with your name on it]?

Stig

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Could I just move everything inside the folder with my user name on it over into my new C drive's directory of files\palm\[folder with your name on it]?
Absolutely. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
good luck, i did the same thing with my old IPaq and i ended up loosing several applicatons that were only saved on it (i still havent figured out how i fucked that up) i have a new one and since i got it i keep every thing (applications included) on the SD card

FakeName

Jul 11, 2006
Its good to see some other palm users here. I am on my seventh palm OS device. For those who love palm I suggest www.brighthand.com as a great forum (I am mp over there).

The palm desktop does not sync all of your data. Much of it is only on your palm. That is why I highly suggest using a backup system (NVbackup is wonderful and free for the newer NVFS devices). All of your PIM data should be there. Some of the other data may be available but not all :(

I have two palms running right now. I use my TX almost exclusivly as a portable XM player streaming with musicdock. My 755p is the best palm I have used so far!

If you need any help send a PM or an e-mail.

Mommadeez4u

Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Its good to see some other palm users here. I am on my seventh palm OS device. For those who love palm I suggest www.brighthand.com as a great forum (I am mp over there).

The palm desktop does not sync all of your data. Much of it is only on your palm. That is why I highly suggest using a backup system (NVbackup is wonderful and free for the newer NVFS devices). All of your PIM data should be there. Some of the other data may be available but not all :(

I have two palms running right now. I use my TX almost exclusivly as a portable XM player streaming with musicdock. My 755p is the best palm I have used so far!

If you need any help send a PM or an e-mail.
Hey fakename, that's an awesome website. Thanks for the rec.