Paperwork "Situation" for the bleacher fans

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
If people are waiting over at CBS for the walkover, why not just send an intern out the door with the paperwork and some pens and have them fill it out there. Then when they arrive at XM, check their licenses or id's against those who already filled them out and let them in right away.

Just sayin'. :action-sm

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
If people are waiting over at CBS for the walkover, why not just send an intern out the door with the paperwork and some pens and have them fill it out there. Then when they arrive at XM, check their licenses or id's against those who already filled them out and let them in right away.

Just sayin'. :action-sm
I think CBS or someone related to that building / block has issues with fans congregating there. Every time i've gone except for this morning, Kenny has always popped up at least once to tell people not to wait in the breezeway, to disperse, etc, so doing anything "official" there is probably out of the question.

Might at least speed things along for some people if the paperwork was available as a PDF on the website so people could print their own and bring it in already filled out, and then the staff would only have to deal with people who didn't print things out.

Also, the 8:30 entry is pretty cool. I had no idea about that possibility - I thought we just had to wait outside XM and have Kenny let us up after the boys were settled in. Maybe it would be helpful for Steve to put a walkover FAQ on the site? Maybe we should compile an "unofficial" one here?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The first time I went up in Sept. 2006 it took literally an hour to get the paperwork done. Now it's done in a lot less, so I guess some progress is being made.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I like the PDF idea, but they may not want it posted online. Maybe if you could email the day before someone from the show and they could send you it as an attachment.

I also like the idea of a FAQ. I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind hosting it at Foundry, he loves the fans so much. And I'm sure it would be easy to find. :rolleyes:

BTW, did you post the pics/vids of your "sleepover" yet?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I think that they should keep a file of the regulars and just copy it when they come in. Seriously, how many times have you had to fill out the same paperwork, Roman? If you were on file all they'd have to do would be to pull your file, have you initial & date the page and you'd be done. Then they'd only have to deal with the rest of us.

Part of the problem today, I think, had to do with the confusion over coin cleavage. When we did cherry darts we were told 2 days before (I think it was 2 days) to be at the studio by 8:30. Had it been a go, the same email would've been sent I'm sure. We would've known to be there early and would have had the paperwork finished by the time the guys got there. The only paperwork to be done then would be for those who didn't email Travis in advance and/or just decided to do the walkover.

That's just my $.02 cents

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
I don't mean to 'rock the boat' here but it took me a total of 3 minutes to fill out the papers.
It took longed for Po to search me.
I don't get what the big deal is.

Ciarin

Loves her Mini Cooper
Oct 15, 2007
Lynn, MA
yea it took me less than a minute to sign the papers, but that's probably cause I didn't read what I was signing.

reddog_2711

Jan 11, 2007
Rochester, NY
I like the PDF idea, but they may not want it posted online. Maybe if you could email the day before someone from the show and they could send you it as an attachment.

I also like the idea of a FAQ. I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind hosting it at Foundry

Wouldn't the Foundry logo cover up where you have to sign it?

ConcertPig

Oct 18, 2007
Hey...I wanna go next week for the first time. How exactly does it work to go up and where do you meet?

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
yea it took me less than a minute to sign the papers, but that's probably cause I didn't read what I was signing.
Never mind all of the fine print stuff. :icon_mrgr:action-sm

ConcertPig

Oct 18, 2007
which building though...XM or CBS....and where is it. I'm a Syracuse fan so I really don't know the city

Petrol

Jul 26, 2005
I just remember, when I went to "The Daily Show" all the time it took security to search me and for me to fill out the paperwork...
Oh wait, there was no body search or paperwork... silly me.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
which building though...XM or CBS....and where is it. I'm a Syracuse fan so I really don't know the city
The XM builiding, probably. 111 W 57th. I'd advise against going next week though, unless you want to wait a really long time.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
Something tells me, especially since the whole "we have no idea who the fuck is in charge" attitude since the merger rublings, that all this paperwork is only Po's doing. XM probably could care less.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
You even signed the part where Master Po gets to legally own all your daughters??? Wowo didn't think anyone signed that clause.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Something tells me, especially since the whole "we have no idea who the fuck is in charge" attitude since the merger rublings, that all this paperwork is only Po's doing. XM probably could care less.
uh, no

but way to steer this into a speculation thread

copy paste copy paste
blind cc blind cc

:action-sm

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I just remember, when I went to "The Daily Show" all the time it took security to search me and for me to fill out the paperwork...
Oh wait, there was no body search or paperwork... silly me.
The daily show hasn't had fans on the show doing possibly dangerous or embarrassing things.

Petrol

Jul 26, 2005
The daily show hasn't had fans on the show doing possibly dangerous or embarrassing things.
Excellent point sir, but that's still no reason to make *everyone* fill in the paperwork, though I do concede it allows for more spontaneity.

Ciarin

Loves her Mini Cooper
Oct 15, 2007
Lynn, MA
my search consisted of Kenny asking me if there was anything stupid in my bag. I was thinking of making a joke there but decided to not risk it and I said "nope".

:)