Parent assaults Portsmouth school bus driver

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

WAVY.com has an exclusive story about a parent attacking a school bus driver.

Portsmouth Police say Jennifer Williams, 32, climbed on bus #166 Thursday morning and started punching the driver in the face and head while she was still secured in her seat.

The bus driver, Angie Miller, was picking up elementary school students at the stop near Towne Point Road and Pine Bark Road on her way to Churchland Academy.

Police say Williams walked on the bus, yelled at the driver, beat her, then turned around and left.

Other bus drivers heard Miller get on the radio and call for help.

"She was screaming for help and she was crying. She was yelling, 'Please help me! Please help me! A woman came up here and beat me up'," said a fellow bus driver who wanted to remain anonymous for fear of being fired.

"Quite a few bus drivers quickly responded, 'I'm on the way! I'm on the way'," said another unidentified bus driver.

It all happened right in front of the elementary school students on the bus.
"I got there and calmed her down and calmed the students down," said one of the bus drivers who responded to the scene.

Sources tell WAVY.com, Williams' 8-year-old daughter had been written up for bad behavior Wednesday.

Police have charged Williams with Simple Assault and Battery as well as Disorderly Conduct.

Paramedics treated Miller at the scene and then she went to a doctor. She's bruised, but is expected to be fine.

Just about every school bus driver you talk to says that what they put up with on a daily basis is almost unbelievable.

"Parents curse us out, scream at us and even threaten to beat us up," said one bus driver.

"Many of the kids curse and scream and fight. I had a big fight on my bus just yesterday," said another bus driver.

"And when you're a bus driver you're by yourself out there. All you have is your radio and people can't get to you fast enough," said one bus driver.

"We're told we're never to touch a student, even if they are physically assaulting us," said a bus driver.

Portsmouth has cameras on school buses, but it's not clear yet if this incident was caught on tape.

http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp?s=7526592

Charming...

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I don’t have the answer that will solve all of America’s problems. But I do have a suggestion that I think will go a long way in moving towards that goal. We as a nation need to start excepting responsibility for our own actions instead of trying to place the blame on others, and this needs to start with parents.

What should have happened is this case is that the mother of this child should have explained to them that there are consequences for your actions and that is why he/she got written up. Instead, this idiot acted like a mad person simply because the bus driver was trying to correct something that probably should have been corrected by the mom years ago…

So incredible disgusting and yet oh so not surprising.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
What does a golfer do when accuse her daughter of being a knitter? You act like a nagger.

Linger Longer!

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I have a solution. Start shooting.

If you are waiting for these types of people to "see the light" as they say, you are going to be left wanting. Diplomacy is the on paper answer, fighting fire with fire is the realistic one.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
I'm sure that cunt's children are going to grow up to be useful members of society. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I don’t have the answer that will solve all of America’s problems. But I do have a suggestion that I think will go a long way in moving towards that goal. We as a nation need to start excepting responsibility for our own actions instead of trying to place the blame on others, and this needs to start with parents.

What should have happened is this case is that the mother of this child should have explained to them that there are consequences for your actions and that is why he/she got written up. Instead, this idiot acted like a mad person simply because the bus driver was trying to correct something that probably should have been corrected by the mom years ago…

So incredible disgusting and yet oh so not surprising.
That sounds reasonable, however parents are no longer allowed to hit their kids. What else was she to do???? :action-sm

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
It's white society's fault that this woman acted out in this manner. Jeez, don't you realize that.:action-sm