Paris Yellow-Vest Protests (over taxes)

domelogic

This is crazy. Not one channel is covering this. I have looked at cnn, Fox, abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc. Crickets. Simply amazing

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
This is crazy. Not one channel is covering this. I have looked at cnn, Fox, abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc. Crickets. Simply amazing
I think at one point they were chanting 1776. This is like a revolution no one wants to talk about.

domelogic

Haha guess who started a revolution and it has spread. Pride is coming back

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I saw a 30 second blurb about it on ABC this morning but it was very very vague about what was going on

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
This isn't about a gas tax. This is about France not wanting a globalist government. They want France to be for French people, as it should be. Globalism is a loser, and they know it.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I never thought I'd be rooting for a bunch of Frenchies.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
If you're Macron do you just resign now and not deal with this shit? Nobody can be deluded enough to think they ever have a shot at recovering politically from this, right?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Macron: "Excellent! The racist climate deniers are revealing themselves in the streets! Call the police to round them up. Perhaps you can do it in secret.

*sniffs fart*

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
My ultra lib friends are freaking out because Trump is praising the rioters in France and calling them astroturf in the US. The sad part is, Trump is 100% right.

I saw an excellent article this week that crystallized the situation: What happened was they fucked everyone over with their new tax system: the poor, the upper-middle class, and the old. Only the top 1% ended up winning. The gas tax was like pouring fuel on the fire (*ba dum tsssh*)

And there was the gas tax:
Fuel prices matter to those outside big cities

The mistake was compounded by the rise in oil prices and the decision to lift energy and fuel taxes for environmental reasons without offsetting the impact on poorer households.

Higher fuel prices are a big issue in a country where four-fifths of commuters drive to work and a third of them cover more than 30km each way. They have incensed people in smaller communities already chafing at a cut in the rural speed limit and the prospect of cuts to local services as the government embarks on a public sector efficiency drive.

For these people, the message coming from government seemed to be: “We’ll save money for you, but you’ll have to drive more, and slower — and pay more for gas,” said Mr Wyplosz.

ft.com/content/b6297b3a-f4bd-11e8-9623-d7f9881e729f

Bobobie

Meanwhile, thousands of illegal Ethiopians show up in Paris on Trains every day.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
"And they're shooting teargas for absolutely no reason at all!" Tapped out 1:14 in. Hey fuckwit? They're shooting teargas to disperse a riot. It's the same as Police rolling into a Farmers Market, Teargas Canisters at the ready and just popping off. Driving up to a Seniors Center and just tossing in a few dozen Canisters. No reason at all. Jesus.

domelogic

"And they're shooting teargas for absolutely no reason at all!" Tapped out 1:14 in. Hey fuckwit? They're shooting teargas to disperse a riot. It's the same as Police rolling into a Farmers Market, Teargas Canisters at the ready and just popping off. Driving up to a Seniors Center and just tossing in a few dozen Canisters. No reason at all. Jesus.

What he was showing was a protest not a riot. Not saying there was not rioting. Again just watching his video stream it did not seem to warrant the amount of tear gas. Plus getting shot with rubber bullets. Again only going by what I watched in that video. Clearly in other video there was rioting and I have no idea where that was in correlation to where this guy was. If you can not afford to live this is what happens. People have finally had enough from corrupt govs.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
We're uncomfortably close to something similar here, if Trump doesn't succeed in getting the DS out of government. It wouldn't take much.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
What he was showing was a protest not a riot. Not saying there was not rioting. Again just watching his video stream it did not seem to warrant the amount of tear gas. Plus getting shot with rubber bullets. Again only going by what I watched in that video. Clearly in other video there was rioting and I have no idea where that was in correlation to where this guy was. If you can not afford to live this is what happens. People have finally had enough from corrupt govs.
If it's the same area as the few videos I watched, the police wanted everyone to calm the fuck down. Burning cars, smashed up store fronts, all that goofy shit. I understand why people were protesting/rioting. I also understand why the police had had enough of the nonsense.

Floyd1977

If it's the same area as the few videos I watched, the police wanted everyone to calm the fuck down. Burning cars, smashed up store fronts, all that goofy shit. I understand why people were protesting/rioting. I also understand why the police had had enough of the nonsense.
Since that photo of a woman and a couple of kids at the border, tear gas might as well now be Sarin.

KRSOne

I don't advocate rioting but if you are going to do it for political reasons you go into the neighborhoods of the powers that be and destroy property there. They don't care if you burn down the Little Ceasers in your neighborhood or if you raid a wig shop.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
If you're Macron do you just resign now and not deal with this shit? Nobody can be deluded enough to think they ever have a shot at recovering politically from this, right?
usually lefties have to be dragged out of power kicking and screaming and leaving claw marks on the floor

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
When they catch wind that it was used in WW1, they'll refer to it as a "weapon of war".
Oh, they go on and on how teargas was a “weapon of war!” That’s why they switched to pepper powders and sprays, it’s not CS “tear gas”