Pat From Moonachie Advances to Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Finals July 4th!

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Pat "from Moonachie" Philbin will be eating in The Finals of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4th in Coney Island which will be simulcast on ESPN:

Nathan's 4th of July Contest to Air Live on ESPN
6/26/2007

Since 2004, ESPN has covered the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest at 12:00 noon on July 4th. This year’s contest may well be the most highly anticipated matchup in the event’s storied 92-year history. Takeru Kobayashi, the Japanese eating sensation who has won the contest for the past six years, has finally met his match. Joey Chestnut, a baby-faced boy-next-door from San Jose, California, has accomplished the impossible – not just breaking Kobayashi’s record of 53.75 hot dogs and buns (HDBs), but shattering it, downing 59.5. American competitive eating fans sense that the coveted Mustard Yellow International Belt will finally return to American shores.

Also competing on the Fourth are Chip Simpson, Pat Bertoletti, Tim "Eater X" Janus, Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas, Erik "the Red" Denmark, Hall Hunt, Crazy Legs Conti, Juliet Lee, Pat Philbin, Dale Boone, Rich LeFevre, Arturo Rios, Jr., and Allen Goldstein.

The contest will appear on ESPN at 12:00pm on July 4. Those planning to be live spectators should arrive early (10:00am is suggested to get a good view)at 1310 Surf Avenue (at the corner of Stillwell Avenue) in Coney Island, Brooklyn. By subway, take the D, F, N or Q train to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue stop.

The Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog-Eating Contest is sanctioned by the Major League Eating (MLE), the world governing body of all stomach-centric sport. The 2007 Nathan’s Famous hot dog eating circuit is making stops in San Francisco, Tempe, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Hartford, Norfolk, Minneapolis, Manhattan and other cities.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
What is your training schedule between now and the contest?

PatFromMoonachie

On Earth 2...I'm a "Winner"
Aug 7, 2004
Moonachie...of course!

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
YO PAT
do yo know this guy HUMBLE BOB SHOUDT
from the philly area
he's in the philly daily news
downed 32 dogs in 12 minutes
QVC champion
apparently he'll be at Nathans contest
currently ranked 5th in the world
beat his ass, please

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Anybody else plan on going. We went last year, and will be there around 9am on the 4th as long as it isn't shitty weather.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Good luck, Pat.

When you win, you better get a plug in for O&A...:icon_lol:

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Unfortunately, they have strict rules about wearing t-shirts or hats promoting anything. So a FRRRRRRUNKIS! shirt is out of the question.
i was hoping for the fruuuuunkis
it's a kinda obscure thing
sorry if i used too many uuuus
or not enough rrrrs
i'm dumb

ReCurve

Apr 29, 2005
I hear they will be testing for steroids this year

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Anybody else plan on going. We went last year, and will be there around 9am on the 4th as long as it isn't shitty weather.
We may try and make it if the weather's not bad. Never been to Coney Island.
Driven past it many times but never stopped there.

Good luck, Pat and maybe we'll see you there!

Apr 17, 2005
Congrats & good luck sir.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Warriorrrrrrs Come Out & Plaaaayyyyyyy!

Good Luck Pat!

P

phillyjames10

pat might have a runner up with the handful of shit

the interns for this show are retarded to do this kinda shit...but i love it makes great video...gotta love when they get a dumbass inspired to do something

PatFromMoonachie

On Earth 2...I'm a "Winner"
Aug 7, 2004
Moonachie...of course!
News Archive

July 4 Resource Center
7/2/2007

Nathan’s Famous July Fourth International Hot dog Eating Contest

Six-time world champion Takeru Kobayashi of Japan will return to the corner of Surf and Stillwell avenues in Coney Island, Brooklyn, on Wednesday, July 4, 2007 to defend his world championship title at the annual Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest. Kobayashi has significant competition this year in the form of Joey Chestnut, an American eater who set a new world record by consuming 59.5 Nathan's Famous HDBs to qualify in Tempe on June 2.

At stake is possession of the Coveted Mustard Yellow International Belt, the World Cup of competitive eating, and $20,000 in total prize money.

The Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating contest is sanctioned by the International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE) and sponsored by Heinz.

Media and Fan Details

The show that accompanies the event will begin at 11:00 am, and the 12-minute eating competition will begin at 12:40 pm. ESPN has exclusive live broadcast rights to the event from 12 noon to 1 pm.

Directions

Those seeking to attend or cover the event should take the F or N train to Stillwell Avenue, or take the Belt parkway to Cropsey Avenue, Exit 6, then follow Cropsey Avenue south to Surf Avenue and take a left. Nathan’s is located at 1310 Surf Avenue at Stillwell.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
Give 'em Hell!!! Do it for Wackbag, Pat. . . DO IT FOR WACKBAG!!!:icon_mad:

hackizzz

fensterblau
Jan 29, 2005
Good luck Pat I'm pullin for ya. My only question is why the hell doesn't the kielbasa queen ever enter that dammed contest. My guess is maybe she dislikes the nathans brand of "dog", leaves an unfamiliar taste in her mouth.