Patrice O'Neal - Mr. P (February 7, 2012)

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
This is just a quick reminder that Patrice's album comes out tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hope the rest of you have purchased the album. Most of the profits go to his family.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'll be on itunes tomorrow downloading. Thanks for the reminder.

Frogacuda

Nov 6, 2004
Pre-ordered a physical copy from Amazon. It's going to be a long few days waiting for it. I actually hope someone's scummy enough to upload it somewhere (although seriously, don't do that) just so I can listen right away.

I have a lot of comedy CDs, and I wanted to be able to put it in my collection. Sorta sad I know I can never get it signed like my other CDs. Is that a weird thought to have? At least I have my Elephant in the Room signed. It'd kill me if I never got that.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Thanks for the article.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Holy shit, there are some funny lines from Patrice in this article. I'd quote a few, but there are so many. I'm so sad right now even though I'm laughing.

Frogacuda

Nov 6, 2004
The part that made me saddest was that they said he was working on a show for FX with full creative control a la Louie. How fucking great could that have been?

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Cd is very good so far. Makes me miss him all over though. I was planning to go to the show they used too.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Will this be released on a physical CD? I know, dying technology and all that.

If not I will make my first Amazon MP3 purchase.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Will this be released on a physical CD? I know, dying technology and all that.

If not I will make my first Amazon MP3 purchase.
It's available on Amazon as a physical cd. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. It's got a place reserved on a shelf in my office.

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
It's available on Amazon as a physical cd. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. It's got a place reserved on a shelf in my office.
And, unlike mp3's, you can get it autographed.

Not by Patrice, of course.

Too soon?

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Ah, no doubt. The way they were talking I thought it was only digital distribution. Going to order it now.

Frogacuda

Nov 6, 2004
Yeah, the physical copy is a few bucks extra, but I want to put it on my shelf, and I want to read Colin's liner notes and all. It can go on the lonely unsigned side of my shelf with my Bill Hicks CDs :( (I would kill for a real signed Bill Hicks CD. I wonder what those would even go for, I've never seen a real one)

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
And, unlike mp3's, you can get it autographed.

Not by Patrice, of course.

Too soon?

I believe this is an impeachable offense, Mr. President. I'm sorry. You're not a crook.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
My wife pre-ordered it for me on Amazon for my b-day last month. Can't wait for it to arrive.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Yeah, the physical copy is a few bucks extra, but I want to put it on my shelf, and I want to read Colin's liner notes and all. It can go on the lonely unsigned side of my shelf with my Bill Hicks CDs :( (I would kill for a real signed Bill Hicks CD. I wonder what those would even go for, I've never seen a real one)
There's just something I love about comedy albums. A love that isn't even present for any except my favorite music albums. The comedy album just feels right.

Is there anyway to secure autographs outside of asking for one at a show? I live in TN and no one ever comes here. I would love to get a Dave Attell autograph. Fuck, I would be elated with a Dane Cook autograph.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
That's not dane's beautiful visage you lying sack of shit, only the spirit of his comedy.

Frogacuda

Nov 6, 2004
I would love to get a Dave Attell autograph.
Attell is easy. He's playing here around the end of March. Remind me closer to then and we'll try to figure something out.

I need to get a Chris Rock signed DVD or CD, which is going to be hard, but I think I might get a chance soon since he's warming up for his next special right now.

Also, the best ones :(:

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I love Patrice so much that I actually bought this album on iTunes as part of a pre-order. Didn't torrent it, didn't youtube it, didn't download it from another source. I pre-ordered it, I listened to it, and goddamn is it fucking hilarious. Fucking. Hilarious. Patrice at his fucking best.

Frogacuda

Nov 6, 2004
I love Patrice so much that I actually bought this album on iTunes as part of a pre-order. Didn't torrent it, didn't youtube it, didn't download it from another source. I pre-ordered it, I listened to it, and goddamn is it fucking hilarious. Fucking. Hilarious. Patrice at his fucking best.
Interestingly, it's not really available (a real copy, anyway, there are fakes) at any of the piracy sites. People are actually doing the right thing, which is kind of shocking.

(I know this because I'm impatient and want to listen now)

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Attell is easy. He's playing here around the end of March. Remind me closer to then and we'll try to figure something out.

I need to get a Chris Rock signed DVD or CD, which is going to be hard, but I think I might get a chance soon since he's warming up for his next special right now.

Also, the best ones :(:

Dude if you could actually wrangle me an Attell autograph I would owe you my life. I'll drop you a message next month. Maybe I can mail you my copy of Skanks for the Memories if you wind up going to the show?