TV Patrick Stewart to star as Picard in new Star Trek series

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
Will it also be hijacked by SJW/liberal politics like Star Trek Discovery?

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Which Picard will we get? Also, will we get Q, or is that letter verboten these days?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Which Picard will we get? Also, will we get Q, or is that letter verboten these days?
Can we imagine that the show is Picard and Q on a shuttlecraft going on zany adventures together?

Dec 12, 2007
Part of me is like:

But then part of me reads that the dog shit discovery people made it and is like:

Then part of me just wants to see Picard because Worf and Data would get a few bucks in the bank as well.... I don't have a meme for that.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Kill Wesley Crusher in the first episode and you'll have me as a fan for life.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Part of me is like:

But then part of me reads that the dog shit discovery people made it and is like:

Then part of me just wants to see Picard because Worf and Data would get a few bucks in the bank as well.... I don't have a meme for that.
That's kind of where I am. If the show was from someone who I thought could handle the more humanist and emotional aspects of Star Trek, I'd be far more curious. All the Discovery people seem to know how to do is mediocre Action Trek. I don't think that's how a Picard series should be.

But what I do like is that if they made Discovery post-TNG-era as everything in the show looks and feels, they could have had Picard crossover, which might have brought them heat. Instead of bringing us fucking Pike and Spock again, which no one is excited about. Good decision guys.

I'm sure the Nerd Crew would have things to say about this.

Kill Wesley Crusher in the first episode and you'll have me as a fan for life.
Do you think if Cline saw them kill Wesley Crusher, he'd believe that Will Wheaton was dead?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

I'm 100% in favor of the show now. IT MUST BE MADE.
We're so old, we remember a time when Hollywood thought French Stewart and Harland Williams could be leading men.

Dec 12, 2007
We're so old, we remember a time when Hollywood thought French Stewart and Harland Williams could be leading men.
I think Harland could have done more leading man roles in comedy movies.

Just as long as they leave out the love interest stuff. Its hard to believe a woman falls for his chinless face.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
That's kind of where I am. If the show was from someone who I thought could handle the more humanist and emotional aspects of Star Trek, I'd be far more curious. All the Discovery people seem to know how to do is mediocre Action Trek. I don't think that's how a Picard series should be.

But what I do like is that if they made Discovery post-TNG-era as everything in the show looks and feels, they could have had Picard crossover, which might have brought them heat. Instead of bringing us fucking Pike and Spock again, which no one is excited about. Good decision guys.

I'm sure the Nerd Crew would have things to say about this.

Do you think if Cline saw them kill Wesley Crusher, he'd believe that Will Wheaton was dead?
I don’t know much about anything, but I want the whole series to be just him fucking around on the holodeck going to different places and times.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” Stewart continued. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times.
I'm out.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Dec 12, 2007
I know right? Why can’t it be like the original Star Trek? That show never pushed social or political agendas or tried to force diversity down our throats.
Gay or race episodes I'll tolerate. They're probably going to work in a women episode too. Just to be extra annoying. I won't watch a tranny episode though. Trannies are where Jimcy draws the line.

Louie CK had the tranny fucking episode and that's when I was done with him. Picard gets the same rules as Louie.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Gay or race episodes I'll tolerate. They're probably going to work in a women episode too. Just to be extra annoying. I won't watch a tranny episode though. Trannies are where Jimcy draws the line.

Louie CK had the tranny fucking episode and that's when I was done with him. Picard gets the same rules as Louie.
Louie CK fucked a tranny?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I know right? Why can’t it be like the original Star Trek? That show never pushed social or political agendas or tried to force diversity down our throats.
Yeah, but now if you don't sob about SJWs at least 10 times a day you lose all your heteronormative privileges.

Say the catchphrase. Got to say the catchphrase. Got to say the catchphrase or I lose my identity. I said it. Did I do good? Do I get pet? Do I get a treat? Am I still accepted?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I think there was an episode of either Louis or Horace and Pete where he didn't treat a transexual as a monster and I can't reconcile that because SJW/PC culture makes me grr face.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Actually, in a change of pace, Louie wanted the tranny to masturbate in front of him, but that was mostly for scientific purposes.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
There's a difference between what the world was then and now plus it
was done in a way that wasn't quite so 'in your face" as people are today.

I quoted and bolded that last line for a reason.
That attitude is what will stop me from watching.