OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

PB&J is racist

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cunt Smasher, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

Holy. Fucking. Shit are we doomed.
    http://portlandtribune.com/pt-rss/9-news/114604-schools-beat-the-drum-for-equity
    Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day.

Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.

“Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

Guitierrez, along with all of Portland Public Schools’ principals, will start the new school year off this week by drilling in on the language of “Courageous Conversations,” the district-wide equity training being implemented in every building in phases during the past few years.

Through intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives, the premise is that if educators can understand their own “white privilege,” then they can change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance.

2. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

As much as I hated growing up during the seventies and the eighties, I'm glad I did. We didn't have any of this PC bullshit then. I pity the pussies we are raising now.

3. ShiftyMH

ShiftyMH Registered User

Schools should now serve bugs and rats to accommodate these foreign students.

4. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Listen, I don't require much out of immigrants, but there are a few things.

1. Work hard. Don't just feed off the system.
    2. Re-invest your money here. Don't send 90% out of country where it's not helping the economy.
    3. Learn the language. Despite what the bed wetters say, this is an English country. Don't expect to be taken seriously until you can order without pointing.
    4. Eat sammiches.

5. Bluestreak

Bluestreak This space intentionally left blank.

Faggits. All of 'em.

We're doomed.

6. DR. Jimcy M.E.

..... YOU LIVE IN AMERICA YOU STUPID CUNT! Its Oregon, people aren't chasing around waterbugs with a stick for lunch. They eat...and brace for it....peanut butter and fuckin jelly sandwiches. Its not white privilege to go to a store and put down 5 bucks on a jar of smuckers you ASSHOLES.

7. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

I thought peanut butter was banned in schools due to allergy issues...

8. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

I blame George Washington Carver

9. jimmyslostchin

jimmyslostchin Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?

Funny, he doesn't look Jewish.

10. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

Yeah, peanut butter and jelly is a "white privilege." There's nothing I enjoy more on a Saturday afternoon than taking my private jet to the Hamptons, heading out on my 50-foot yacht, and treating myself to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while I laugh at all of the poor non-whites who can't afford such a luxurious lunch. If I catch the help eating one of my expensive sandwiches, I throw the guilty party overboard and make the rest of the staff watch me feed any extra sandwiches to my pet unicorn while I remeind them that they'll NEVER be able to eat such fancy food.

11. frankjg

frankjg doG

Fucking 1%'er throwing your peanut butter in the faces of the 99%.

12. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I wish I had never read that last sentence.

It makes sense that this is happening in Portland... that's a weird fucking city.

13. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

We must empower our sisters and brothers to share the White American Dream with the colored folk...

[video=youtube;ralx07FXe0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ralx07FXe0M[/video]

14. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

I found this statement interesting. I personally thought growing up in the 80's ruled. What part of it did you find distasteful?

Absolutely likes this.
  15. DR. Jimcy M.E.

"Boost minority students performance". Sure, its the peanut butters fault is what is it.

Tyrone doun gots no penuts butah to do all tha re'in an shit to umah stan des whyit honkey bitch qestins, muhfucka.

16. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Apparently they don't know about all the poor white kids forced to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on Pepperidge Farms bread out of a Quikrete bag...