PC = Best Console

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNzat9msxo[/media]

360, PS3 eat your hearts out.:D

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Is this suppose to show off an xbox emulator? This has to be a hoax. Who's running an emulator that can handle xbox games and extremely well. If that's what the video was promoting. It wasn't clear.

And will someone get this kid a lamp for his room?

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Is this suppose to show off an xbox emulator? This has to be a hoax. Who's running an emulator that can handle xbox games and extremely well. If that's what the video was promoting. It wasn't clear.

And will someone get this kid a lamp for his room?
no its not an emulator. all of those are games for PC. he just has his PC hooked up to the TV. you can see that he is using a 360 PC controller for one of the games if you watch closely. Just goes to show that if you have the money to spend PC is the best choice.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I did that once for like 10 minutes and went back to my monitor.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I have my PS3 and 360 hooked up to my 52" DLP and it's great. And for all you bastards that say the PC is better, I can surf the web from my PS3 and stream content from my PC to both my PS3 and 360. [GAAY] FTW

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I have my PS3 and 360 hooked up to my DLP and it's great. And for all you bastards that say the PC is better, I can surf the web from my PS3 and stream content from my PC to both my PS3 and 360. [GAAY] FTW
Wow! You mean it can actually surf the internets?! Really? Please tell me more!

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I tried it on my 56" Ultravision but it didn't look right. My TV is a few years old anyway. Newer TV's are more compatible with PC video output. I am shopping around to find one that will work with my setup.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Fuckin' Michael J. Fox needs to learn how to shoot video without shaking the goddamn camera. lol

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
sure the PC has the most potential ... but its hard to get started - too many variables to worry about.... theres so much variety of hardware, software, ram, etc... i dont think anyone would dispute that a PC isn't the best in terms of POTENTIAL, but for ease of use, you can't beat a console.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
sure the PC has the most potential ... but its hard to get started - too many variables to worry about.... theres so much variety of hardware, software, ram, etc... i dont think anyone would dispute that a PC isn't the best in terms of POTENTIAL, but for ease of use, you can't beat a console.
that's kind of what makes PC great. You lose a lot of the retard factor that plagues XBOX LIVE. Any retard can use a console. It takes a certain IQ level to configure a PC. Don't get me wrong....there are douches on PC but far less than XBOX or PS3 online.

TrybalRage

Aug 5, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
...if you have the money to spend PC is the best choice.
And therein lies the problem. To build a really nice gaming machine you could spend a fortune. Then have to deal with all kinds of issues like updates and drivers and compatibility and hardware...

You know me, I'm a big PC gaming fan. But for the price, I'll learn to use a controller and have a game I know will run without needing to upgrade my machine.

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
About the only PC game I liked playing on my TV was Oblivion. Everything else is just much easier on a monitor.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
And therein lies the problem. To build a really nice gaming machine you could spend a fortune. Then have to deal with all kinds of issues like updates and drivers and compatibility and hardware...

You know me, I'm a big PC gaming fan. But for the price, I'll learn to use a controller and have a game I know will run without needing to upgrade my machine.
That statement righ there only proves my point. People that know the difference don't choose console over PC they settle for it because a) they don't have enough money or b) they are too dumb to troubleshoot. Consoles aren't better just cheap and easy...kind of like an AIDS infected hooker.

TrybalRage

Aug 5, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
That statement righ there only proves my point. People that know the difference don't choose console over PC they settle for it because a) they don't have enough money or b) they are too dumb to troubleshoot. Consoles aren't better just cheap and easy...kind of like an AIDS infected hooker.
There are also games that are just better for a console, like some are better for PC.

I bought my PS3 really for 2 reasons - Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto.

Not to say there are other games that are fun, I'm really looking forward to the next God of War installment.

Any driving game, too.

Really the only 2 things I like PCs for is first person shooters and strategy. That's about it.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
There are also games that are just better for a console, like some are better for PC.

I bought my PS3 really for 2 reasons - Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto.

Not to say there are other games that are fun, I'm really looking forward to the next God of War installment.

Any driving game, too.

Really the only 2 things I like PCs for is first person shooters and strategy. That's about it.
Now you're back to making an argument that the controller is better for some games and I agree. However, you can simply buy the PC version of a game like GTA and plug in your 360 PC controller and have the same gameplay as a console on PC.

With things like Track IR available for racing games on PC you can't even compare to a console. See video below.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AO0F5sLdVM[/media]

No matter how you look at it PC dominates in every area. Anything you can do on a console you can do on a PC, but you can't do everything on a console that you can on a PC.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
You know what I can do with my console?

Play Blu-ray movies without spending more than 700$. Yea, try getting a PC that can do it very well for under 400$.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
You know what I can do with my console?

Play Blu-ray movies without spending more than 700$. Yea, try getting a PC that can do it very well for under 400$.
or you could just buy this and watch it on your TV...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X22YTK/ref=br_fq_3

But if you need one for your PC there is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129015

$219.99

or this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106227

$189.99

That's a bit cheaper than $400

This is yet another wonderful feature of PC's. You can upgrade one component at a time with the latest technology whereas with consoles you are stuck with outdated hardware until a new console comes out 4-5 years later.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
or you could just buy this and watch it on your TV...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X22YTK/ref=br_fq_3

But if you need one for your PC there is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129015

$219.99

or this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106227

$189.99

That's a bit cheaper than $400

This is yet another wonderful feature of PC's. You can upgrade one component at a time with the latest technology whereas with consoles you are stuck with outdated hardware until a new console comes out 4-5 years later.
The 219$ Blu-ray drive is nice and all but I'd need a good video card, RAM, motherboard, and processor to back it up. Still not doing that for cheap. So I could keep upgrading my PC for games, or save some cash and get something that plays games pretty well and does blu-ray.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
The 219$ Blu-ray drive is nice and all but I'd need a good video card, RAM, motherboard, and processor to back it up. Still not doing that for cheap. So I could keep upgrading my PC for games, or save some cash and get something that plays games pretty well and does blu-ray.
Again with the cheap and easy. Not better, just cheap and easy. Not saying consoles aren't better for the income impaired but if you are trying to say they are superior in any way other than that you are mistaken. And if you build your own PC it can be much more affordable than if you buy a Dell or Alienshit. Also one major argument for consoles is the big screen comparison. If you have the money for a big screen you can probably afford a more than worthy gaming rig and a large monitor or even LCD or plasma display.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I LOVE MY PSP, FUCK PC's

btw, PBF is a cunt, I like his daughter

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Yea..you probably could. But if you're getting pretty much the same experience as you desire...why not go the cheaper route?

For me I didn't care to play every emulator under the sun. Support for TVs is also flaky. For 600$ I got a blu-ray player that works flawlessly, an internet browser on my TV, a media center, and it plays most the games I want.

Trust me, I've tried building HTPCs years ago. It's not an easy endeavor and there's a lot of stuff that gets messed up quite easily. I built my first one back when the AMD 3800+ cost a couple hundred and was in the top 3 for publicly available AMD chips. I'm not exactly unexperienced with all that stuff.

So yea..."if you have the time and money" PC is probably the best. But can you blame people for wanting a great experience for just the things they want for less money? I'd like to be able to have 1500$ to throw down for a decent HTPC but I'd never really use it. And trust me, I've spent too much money on PC stuff I never use.