PC Police Edit New Indiana Jones US Trailer

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
First off, I not posting this in the movie section cause it's more about the PC State we, in the US, live in now. Anyway, has the anti-Gun, politically correct thing gotten so bad that the MPAA (or maybe Lucas/Speilberg) would edit out GUNS for the US Trailer release?
Also the Amercian Flag, our beloved US Flag was edited OUT of the international release! Come on Paramount be PROUD of the US, don't edit it out!
Here a picture of the GUNS:

and here:

The international trailer can been viewed HERE. The US one shows the Flag, but as you can see, the international one does not.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Also the Amercian Flag, our beloved US Flag was edited OUT of the international release! Come on Paramount be PROUD of the US, don't edit it out!
I don't know why but the wording of this gave me a giggle.

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
where are the pics showing they've been edited out? All the ones you've got here show guns
I edited a link to the international trailer above. You can see that it does NOT saw the Flag. If you can't see the US one (with the flag) it's at Indianajones.com

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Edited again:

Just watched both versions twice ... they both had guns & unless I blinked, I didn't see an American flag in either version, so I'm thinking this is a nonissue

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
First off, I not posting this in the movie section cause it's more about the PC State we, in the US, live in now. Anyway, has the anti-Gun, politically correct thing gotten so bad that the MPAA (or maybe Lucas/Speilberg) would edit out GUNS for the US Trailer release?
Here a picture of the GUNS:

and here:

The international trailer can been viewed HERE. The US one shows the Flag, but as you can see, the international one does not.
You name me one action movie trailer in the past year, that hasn't had a gun in it. Then I might say this was an issue. As for the American flag being out, I think this being the 4th movie of the series, I think the international world is well aware that Indiana Jones is American.

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
The GUNS are in the trailer BUT they have been CGI so the are not pointed at the heros. Noticed the US trialer has the down, the other has the pointed at Indiana.
Also if you do NOT see the FLAG in the US trailer then, you have very poor eye sight I guess. It takes up almost the entire screen!

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The GUNS are in the trailer BUT they have been CGI so the are not pointed at the heros. Noticed the US trialer has the down, the other has the pointed at Indiana.
Also if you do NOT see the FLAG in the US trailer then, you have very poor eye sight I guess. It takes up almost the entire screen!
They might not be pointed directly at the heros, but I think we the gist that they are in trouble. I would like to point out that, it does say USAF on the side of the hangar.

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
Yep but my point of the POST is WHY would they change it? Why would they go to the trouble to CGI the guns only for the US trailer?

Here the Flag in the US trialer. I don't see HOW anyone could NOT SEE IT

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The guns bother me but it's expected. At least they aren't walkie talkies. The flag doesn't.