PC Sound Recording Program

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Wondering if anyone can help me find a good sound recording program for my PC? basically what I'm looking for something that can record any sound that is currently playing on my PC, much like a screen grabber program will just grab everything that you point-and-click to on the screen. If anybody knows anything that is good and preferably free, can you let me know? Thanks

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
You really can't beat free. Personally I prefer Goldwave.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
I actually have used Goldwave for many years. I know it can record audio though the computer's mic, and through that you'll get a recording of what plays through the PC. But, you get any background noise as well. I was was wondering if there was a program that would record purely any audio played on the PC like a direct line was plugged into the recoding device. Or unless there is a goldwave setting I am unaware of.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
A few years ago, there was a free program that would record any Audio you wanted with a Timer that worked like a simple First Generation VCR. You set the time, date, and recording length, and set the source, windows volume or any of the jacks. It worked like a charm, but can't remember the name of it. There is so much crapware flooding the market that you can't find the good stuff anymore.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
A few years ago, there was a free program that would record any Audio you wanted with a Timer that worked like a simple First Generation VCR. You set the time, date, and recording length, and set the source, windows volume or any of the jacks. It worked like a charm, but can't remember the name of it. There is so much crapware flooding the market that you can't find the good stuff anymore.
Total Recorder.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
I use Replay Audio Catcher. It's a pay program, but there are ways to get it for free.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
I actually have used Goldwave for many years. I know it can record audio though the computer's mic, and through that you'll get a recording of what plays through the PC. But, you get any background noise as well. I was was wondering if there was a program that would record purely any audio played on the PC like a direct line was plugged into the recoding device. Or unless there is a goldwave setting I am unaware of.
I use goldwave for recording and effects and multiquence for tracking. Goldwave can record from any source including the stereo mix of the sound card. you go into the control properties window and use the volume tab to choose the source and at what level you'd like it. Hope that helps.

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Goldwave isn't free though, is it?

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Thanks for the Goldwave setting advice. Just what I needed.