• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Pearl Jam

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
Watching PJ20 on PBS holy shit this documentary and band are fucking awesome
sent from my incredible

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Pearl Jam is in the category of bands that I feel like I should really like, but I just can't make it through more than 3-4 songs.
If a "hit" comes on the radio I won't turn it off, or if I see "Black" "Yellow Ledbetter(?)"on a youtube related thing, I'll click it and listen to it.

But I'm not going out of my way to hear PJ

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I have the same meh feeling about all those Seattle bands. 3 or 4 songs each from Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc. would make one decent CD. The other 95% of their stuff is boring crap.

Although I kinda do want to see that documentary for some reason if it's the one Opie was talking about today.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I have the same meh feeling about all those Seattle bands. 3 or 4 songs each from Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc. would make one decent CD. The other 95% of their stuff is boring crap.
You're right... I listen to entire albums for the most part, but I can't with the 1993-1996 stuff. Perhaps it's because I was 11-13 when I originally listened to it, and it was just the hits, but even now, I would never listen to a whole Candlebox album. "When does Far Behind come on..."

BOZ29

Jun 9, 2009
Raritan,NJ
Did you really just compare Pearl Jam to Candlebox??? PJ has an amazing body of work. Part of it is maturity and exposure. No offense. There were some songs I didn't appreciate at first but I love now. You need to dig deep on all of the Seattle bands.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I was blown away by the documentary. I don't get how Opie could have seen it and come away feeling like it didn't reveal anything about Eddie Vedder. The film clearlt gave you insight into his feelings about the band's nearly instant growth from playing clubs to huge festivals and dealing with stalkers and lunatics trying to drive a Jeep through the wall built to keep the stalkers away. I was amazed that they showed video footage of Ed crying on stage at the Roskilde Festival when those 9 fans were trampled to death. I didn't know that footage existed and never would have guessed that it would be shown in the film even if I did know it was out there.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Watching PJ20 on PBS holy shit this documentary and band are fucking awesome
sent from my incredible
I just watched that and I'm totally in a PJ mood right now! Hard to believe that Ten was actually 20 years ago! Time is fucked up!

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
I love how they talked about Nirvana and Kurt Cobain being a sick at first and then doing like a full 180. I was at the bushleaguer shape and the one after that. I love how they turned the crowd against them and bought the crowd back. I also lovebthqt they had the balls to do it. I almost forgot when they shit on the grammies.
The thing is this a band about the music and they talked about that the whole time. Most telling part was how stone was mad that Eddie took over the band but Jeff and Mike weren't, then they had their time apart but are back together. Exxelllent film.

sent from my incredible

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
I missed the first half hour, and didn't expect to watch more than a few minutes, but I was surprisingly riveted. Not because I'm a big fan of Pearl Jam, but because it was very well done. When it comes to rockumentaries, Cameron Crowe knows what the hell he's doing.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
Good doc, but I do agree with Opie that they glossed over the second decade. They talked a little about Binaural, and didn't even mention the 3 albums after that, just showed a few live performances. Seems like Crowe just ran out of steam.

Dicktator

Frozen Meatbals 4life
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
PBS had the documentary on before the DVD is even released? I would like to see it. If anyone knows of another time shoot me a PM please.

BOZ29

Jun 9, 2009
Raritan,NJ
The doc is called American Masters: Pearl Jam Twenty on my cable guide. It's on Sun @ 12:30 PM and again Mon 1:00 AM.

Mikefrombx

Jan 13, 2011
Bronx
I'd add in that they're one of the most overrated bands in the history of music.
Stupid Nirvana is overrated and watch the documentary and you might see why the are who they are and how they are in no way overrated

sent from my incredible

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Dec 9, 2004
Next to aleash
I love this band way more than I probably should. Been obsessed since I saw them at Randalls Island in 1996. Joined the
fan club right after. Just look at my user name. Most of you will probably not get the reference, but plenty of you will.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Stupid Nirvana is overrated and watch the documentary and you might see why the are who they are and how they are in no way overrated

sent from my incredible
I'll happily pass. I loathe Nirvana. That droning voice of his is akin to beheading audio.

Glad you like it though.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Love me some Pearl Jam. And that new Crystal Pepsi is actually pretty good also...

Mobo

Aug 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
Pearl Jam 20 begins streaming on Netflix Nov. 22nd 2011.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
I love this band way more than I probably should. Been obsessed since I saw them at Randalls Island in 1996. Joined the
fan club right after. Just look at my user name. Most of you will probably not get the reference, but plenty of you will.
Oh snap. I was at that show. I feel sort of lukewarm about Pearl Jam, but I had some friends going and decided to tag along because a few months earlier I saw Soundgarden and Metallica haul some major ass there at Lolapalloza, and I was trying to recapture the moment.
Needless to say, if you aren't really into the band then you shouldn't really bother to see them, but I was young and wanted to go do shit. Now I won't go to a concert unless Opeth and Protest the Hero are playing across the street from my crib.

I really want to like Pearl Jam because I like their message, but their music just doesn't do it for me. I don't understand it because I love SG, AIC, and STP.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
In Hiding

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Oh snap. I was at that show. I feel sort of lukewarm about Pearl Jam, but I had some friends going and decided to tag along because a few months earlier I saw Soundgarden and Metallica haul some major ass there at Lolapalloza, and I was trying to recapture the moment.
Needless to say, if you aren't really into the band then you shouldn't really bother to see them, but I was young and wanted to go do shit. Now I won't go to a concert unless Opeth and Protest the Hero are playing across the street from my crib.

I really want to like Pearl Jam because I like their message, but their music just doesn't do it for me. I don't understand it because I love SG, AIC, and STP.
I went to both of those shows that weekend. Got soaked one night and they played forever the other night. Which was awesome.

I love the same bands as you- AIC, SG and STP. But STP was kind of a Pearl Jam / SG rip off band. STP was in the second tier of grunge bands to me.

Top Bottom