Penn Jillette not worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
If I had my choice between listening to Jimmy and Bobby bullshit the show away, and listening to Penn dominate the whole thing, it'd be a tough choice.

I like Penn and his stories but from now on they should book him when there are fewer funny people in the studio.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Haven't heard the interview yet, listening to replay now, but I usually enjoy when Penn comes in. Hope he's on Red eye while he's in town also.

Edit: Just checked, Norton is on tonight. Awesome.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Penn is awesome on the show, Jimmy is in almost every single day and Bobby is going to be in again tomorrow. Why exactly did you start a bitching thread? Its not like Seinfeld was on.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Penn is awesome on the show, Jimmy is in almost every single day and Bobby is going to be in again tomorrow. Why exactly did you start a bitching thread? Its not like Seinfeld was on.
I didn't hear that Bobby would be in tomorrow. Even though he will be, I would have liked to hear more from him today. As he said to Opie, they were having a really fun conversation and it was stopped short.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
That Opie cut short to listen to Carnac the Magnificent on TV. Penn is still worth cutting Bobby off.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
And also I wondered if there was anyone for whom Penn got a little tiring since he dominates the show so thoroughly.

Maybe, I was thinking, someone - Opie for example - ought to tell him to hang the fuck back a little bit. Let other guys get a word in edgewise. It's not all about him and the stupid fucking practice of magic.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
That Opie cut short to listen to Carnac the Magnificent on TV. Penn is still worth cutting Bobby off.
Remember, it's a hang.

Penn is not a massive star. He's sort of another comic too, and could use being explained this if he's going to fit on the show.

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
Penn dominates every conversation. Even on Tough Crowd, he was yapping constantly. That's his personality. He's an annoying dick.

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
The boys know what they're getting when they bring Penn in. If they didn't want him to come in and do his thing, they wouldn't have him in. Patrice does pretty much the same thing; some guys are just kinda blowhardy. If they didn't want blowhardy guys, they wouldn't get them; they got plenty of other guys who can just "hang" (whatever that means).

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Patrice does pretty much the same thing; some guys are just kinda blowhardy.
That is a horrendous analogy because Patrice doesn't come in and yap for literally an hour straight.

Apr 29, 2007
Bethlehem, GA
He was in for like 20 minutes. Relax. They'll get back to making the same fat/gay/black jokes in a minute.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
He was in for like 20 minutes. Relax. They'll get back to making the same fat/gay/black jokes in a minute.
Utterly wrong.

It was nearly half of the show.

WELL over an hour.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Deal with it.

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
Most being the key word. It's not a soliliquy. It's a back-and-forth. HUGE difference.
It wasn't a soliloquy (thank you spell check) when Rogan was in with Penn; if anybody wants to interject when he's in, they're free to. Just because an appearance went a certain way I don't see it as a reason for a radio show to give a veteran entertainer a talking-to. Considering he pretty much always does what he does and the radio show keeps having him back, I would guess that the radio show doesn't have any problem with what he does.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
It wasn't a soliloquy (thank you spell check) when Rogan was in with Penn; if anybody wants to interject when he's in, they're free to. Just because an appearance went a certain way I don't see it as a reason for a radio show to give a veteran entertainer a talking-to. Considering he pretty much always does what he does and the radio show keeps having him back, I would guess that the radio show doesn't have any problem with what he does.
Finally a respectable point. It takes forever to get one on this shit hole of a website.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I love listenting to Penn whenever he's on, but he does have a bad case of "Smartest Guy In The Room Syndrome"

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I love listenting to Penn whenever he's on, but he does have a bad case of "Smartest Guy In The Room Syndrome"
In that room it is completely accurate.

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
I love Bobby, but I also love hearing Penn talk and enjoyed his appearance today. I could do without hearing Jimmy talk about his new mafia movie, Bill Tetley's Christmas special or song that he sang with his friend when they were 12, for one day.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Try starting a respectable thread.
The southern Nazi guy asks me for respectability haha. Go fuck your mother in her hopefully dead face naziguy, how's that for respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.