Perpetual motion machines

mr. sin

Perpetual motion describes hypothetical machines that produce more work or energy than they consume, whether they might operate indefinitely or not. There is undisputed scientific consensus that perpetual motion in a closed system would violate the first law of thermodynamics and/or the second law of thermodynamics. So, are perpetual motion machines possible or not? The best way to be sure is to build one.

http://www.snotr.com/video/8817

:haha7: The self flowing flask had me dying the second I saw it. I guess equilibrium and fluid mechanics mean nothing to some people.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Isn't it basically just a fountain? Hardly a "machine"
No. The liquid in the skinny tube on the right would never get any higher than the liquid in the larger section on the left.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
You can't show a device working for 10 seconds and say it is perpetual motion. Even the machines that are on the "right track" are eventually done in by gravity and friction and resistance, which gradually bleed off energy until there is none left to power the machine.

No. The liquid in the skinny tube on the right would never get any higher than the liquid in the larger section on the left.
The Communicating Vessels Principle.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
1:31 yeah real "perpetual"

Pick it up, roll it, pick it up, roll it.