Pest Mission: Make sure Jimmy's book is visible at your local Bookstore

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
At 12pm today they didn't have the book out, that is the Books-A-Million in Warner Robins, GA. I didn't want to wait until after work to get in at B&N so i asked about it. They said they had 3 that came in but due to the cover, the manger did not want it out on display. Come on! I saw a lot harder stuff in the True Crime area! God times like this I really HATE THE SOUTH!!!

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
Yep it seemed to be a manger thing, not a store wide deal.

SteveInAtl

Get a job sparkling wiggle!!
May 11, 2007
Atlanta
I live in ATL, I have to go to Robins AFB for work this Fri. let me know if you haven't got it by then and i'll bring one down to you. O ya BTW lets blow that bitch up!!!!!!!!!! F'in BAM

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
My Barnes and Nobles had it in the humor section not in the new release section. (I'm reading it now and all I can think is "Jim Norton is a Chuck Pahlaniuk character.)

circpro

No Complaints here
Nov 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
The B&N on the southside of Atlanta wouldn't put the book on the New Release table because of the cover.

BAM did have about 10 copies buried in the humor section...my guess is because of the cover as well....

oafanwyo

More and Faster
Feb 4, 2007
Casper, WY
This sucks!! "The book that will define a generation" is hidden because the author has Aids and passed away while picking up a tranny at a rest area. This book should be placed prominently in the kids section where it belongs between "Jimmy has two daddies" and "Good touch, bad touch: A starters guide to kid touching". After all you always place books by the same author together!!!!

JesusOnWheels

PAN-FUCKING-TERA
Dec 9, 2004
yeah, i picked my copy up at the B&N in Athens. only one left on the shelf and it was in the "humor" section.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
yeah, i picked my copy up at the B&N in Athens. only one left on the shelf and it was in the "humor" section.
I think all B&N had them hidden in the humor section. Didn't seem to matter at mine though ... they had about 30 copies when I bought mine on Friday and there were none left when I stopped in there tonight on my way home from the book signing.

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Don't feel too pissed.

The book store here (Hastings) won't have the book until the 31st.

Fuckers.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
My Barnes and Noble had it cover forward in the humor section. I dropped a few copies on the New Release table myself. Guerilla Marketing!!!

McGuirk

doesn't overanalyze comedy radio
Jul 13, 2006
My Barnes and Noble had it cover forward in the humor section. I dropped a few copies on the New Release table myself. Guerilla Marketing!!!
Good idea, even if one of those cocks moves them back to the "right" spot.

I'll keep that in mind.

Blu Swade

Vajayjay lover!
Jan 25, 2006
Barnes and Noble in Albany NY had it hidden on a shelf facing away from everyone. I bought my copy and needless to say there were a few raised eye brows as I proudly sauntered to the cashier book in hand. I'm going back tomorrow to work out this display problem. I cant believe that people have a problem with a cover as harmless as this. The country is fast losing its sense of humour.:D

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
I live in ATL, I have to go to Robins AFB for work this Fri. let me know if you haven't got it by then and i'll bring one down to you. O ya BTW lets blow that bitch up!!!!!!!!!! F'in BAM
Thanks but I got it at the B&N in Macon. It was in the humor section so I took 3 of the 6 and places them in the BEST SELLER section right next to the Alan Alda book!

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
One thing I'll give Canada, we don't have religious fuckwads making self important decisions based on personal religious beliefs.

Suckers.

aerosmith6703

Jul 18, 2005
The manager must be a Stern fan....

((Removes tin foil hat))

I found a copy here in Atlanta, it is a little stupid a Books-A-Million won't put the book out on display yet I bet they have Better Sex books within reach of a little kid. Stupid.

aerosmith6703

Jul 18, 2005
One thing I'll give Canada, we don't have religious fuckwads making self important decisions based on personal religious beliefs.

Suckers.
Well we are talking about a state in Georgia that bans alcohol sales on Sundays, yet they have no problem selling lottery tickets every day of the week. Separation of church and state only matters in SOME places in this country.

Freese

Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
All the more reason Georgia should be a proving ground for nuclear weapons.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
They used to hang people from trees, and let them rot for all to have to see, so I see no reason why the manager of this bookstore should have a problem with displaying a book with a semi-nude man on the cover.

Freese

Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Oh the irony of america. It's ok to hang a wiggle, but god forbid show a slutty woman.

SteveInAtl

Get a job sparkling wiggle!!
May 11, 2007
Atlanta
Thanks but I got it at the B&N in Macon. It was in the humor section so I took 3 of the 6 and places them in the BEST SELLER section right next to the Alan Alda book!
:clap::clap:

Yea BEST SELLER section good idea...Just think if all of us did this? I think L'll Jimmy will owe us some money!

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
:clap::clap:

Yea BEST SELLER section good idea...Just think if all of us did this? I think L'll Jimmy will owe us some money!
i'm really digging the book relocation angle
it's fuckin' brilliant
so simple , yet so effective
i'm going to visit the local BORDERS tomorrow
and execute this little RUUUSE
THIS MAY MERIT IT'S OWN THREAD