Pest Question?

Jalapeno-Juice

Lingering Longer since 2001
Jun 3, 2004
TEXAS
First I am not trying to be a douche or stir up any shit.
Has there been any "On Air" mention of the Pests (by name) since O&A came back from the XM suspension? Has anyone else notice this or know more about this.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
The Pests are kind of like a country's nuclear arsenal. Opie only uses us when someone needs a display of power to get the point that they should know who they can and can't fuck with.

You don't just go around shooting off nukes, you gotta use them sparingly.

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
Most listeners of the O&A show hear about 45 to 60 minutes of the show on the way to work and would have no idea who Opie is referring to if he said "pests", so unless he wants to explain what it means on the :15 of every hour, it's a waste of the show's time.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Most listeners of the O&A show hear about 45 to 60 minutes of the show on the way to work and would have no idea who Opie is referring to if he said "pests", so unless he wants to explain what it means on the :15 of every hour, it's a waste of the show's time.
Yeah, Opie never says anything that would require more explanation to a casual fan.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
Maybe the pests got so annoying they started to annoy them? ;)

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I think what he means is have they actually used the term "Pests."

I can't say I've actually heard them use that term specifically, even recently when Opie requested that the Maxwell show be fucked with.

I don't think it has anything to do with some type of "gag order" because of the suspension, I think it has more to do with not trying to sound hacky.

I know they make fun of, and do some goofy hacky stuff, but if Opie were to yell out, "Pests attack Maxwell!" or something like that, that audio clip could certainly be taken out of context by certain nerdowells.

(Ding. Finally got to use that word in a sentence.)

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
Isn't one of the general of the Pest Army on bad terms with the show?

annoyinglee

The Overlord Of Evil
Dec 18, 2005
Snake Mountain
The pests movement is over forever. Now there a dived with most of the members on wackbag & FBA.

topher520

learnings for queers
Jul 5, 2006
Boston
There is No Mafia either, so I suggest you keep it under your hat.