PESTS ATACK: Let NBC know how we feel about AL [MERGED]

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
Here's a good article.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=421668

Is Al Roker The Next Imus?

June 11, 2007

It looks like Al Roker is learning how a comment made during a live broadcast can be turned against you. The NBC weatherman who helped spearhead the campaign to get Don Imus fired is now coming under fire for a joke he made on air last week containing a reference to people with epilepsy.

"Remember that controversial Olympic logo for the 2012 Olympics in London?" asked Roker during the Today Show on June 7. "Some folks have complained that the campaign actually sent them into epileptic seizures. Well, we asked you to weigh in on our Web site in an informal poll; those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around were able to actually log in . . . "

Today Show hosts Matt Lauer and Ann Curry can be heard laughing at Roker's joke about people having epileptic fits after viewing the logo. Roker half-heartedly apologized for the comment, saying he was joking about the logo and not about people with epilepsy even though he clearly used the image of an epileptic person to help set-up his punch line in an attempt at being humorous during a news program.

Going back to the Imus situation, Roker was so shaken by the "nappy-headed ho" comment that he wrote on his blog, "I, for one, am really tired of the diatribes, the 'humor' at other's expense, the cruelty that passes for 'funny.'"

If NBC is going to fire "shock jock" Don Imus for making a joke in poor taste about a women's college basketball team with 10 members, what will they do about a weatherman making a joke about the 2.7 million people in the U.S. that suffer from epilepsy (according to the Epilepsy Foundation) and the one-third of them that suffer from uncontrollable seizures?

Spruk

Here is my thoughts,
Not only contact NBC, but go after the people that advertise during the Today show. There are products that Roker himself does reads for. Add these advertisers to your CC box. Let the advertisers know you plan to boycott thier products based on the insensitive comments that Roker made. That being said, who the hell advertises on the Today show?

bravo to whoever did this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Roker
Albert Lincoln Roker (born August 20, 1954) is a Non threatening black guy, best known as the weather anchor for NBC's Today show. He holds American Meteorological Society Television Seal #238.

also, not sure if this is true, but it made me laugh:
On May 8, 2007, when going to commercial, Al Roker was heard off camera saying the word Mammy while two women were on screen receiving mud facials for another segment. This was in response to the two women appearing to be in blackface.

bravo to whoever did this:
Albert Lincoln Roker (born August 20, 1954) is a Non threatening black guy, best known as the weather anchor for NBC's Today show. He holds American Meteorological Society Television Seal #238.

also, not sure if this is true, but it made me laugh:
On May 8, 2007, when going to commercial, Al Roker was heard off camera saying the word Mammy while two women were on screen receiving mud facials for another segment. This was in response to the two women appearing to be in blackface.
You missed this part:

Did not see own toes until his late forties, after he had his gastric bypass because he was too lazy to drop the blubber on his own.

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
Nice update, whoever did it.

"Controversy
After Don Imus made controversial comments on his radio show about the Rutgers University women's basketball team, Al Roker expressed his outrage on his blog. He wrote:

"I, for one, am really tired of the diatribes, the "humor" at others expense, the cruelty that passes for "funny". Don imus isn't the only one doing this, but today he's the one in the hot seat."

On June 7th, 2007, attempting to make a joke about the new Olympic logo for 2012, Roker joked about Epilepsy saying:

"Remember that controversial Olympic logo for the 2012 Olympics in London? Some folks have complained that the campaign actually sent them into epileptic seizures," "Well, we asked you to weigh in on our Web site in an informal poll; those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around were able to actually log in . . . "

The following day Roker apologized for his comments."

F

fitzr

Seriously, let's push this onto foxnews.com. Bill O'reilly and Sean Hannity will be interested in this. Foxnews hates msnbc and they have reason to bring up fat no-willpower unfunny overweight stapled asses.

http://hannity.com/index/contact-form
YourComments@foxnews.com
I got tired of finding more email places, so that's it, two of them. find more yourselves.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
...On a side note... My wife found my folder of cock pictures. It was crazy. I got home from work and she was at the desk. I said hey, and she flipped around and screamed "WHAT ARE THESE!!!" I was like "whaaat?" I'm not sure she understands. Something about e-mailing cock pic's don't seem funny to her. I have a pillow for the couch tonight...Not a good sign.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
Nice update, whoever did it.

"Remember that controversial Olympic logo for the 2012 Olympics in London? Some folks have complained that the campaign actually sent them into epileptic seizures," "Well, we asked you to weigh in on our Web site in an informal poll; those of you who could get up off the floor after shaking around were able to actually log in . . . "

The following day Roker apologized for his comments."
Roker was also the weatherman for several radio stations, including the New York smooth jazz radio station WQCD (101.9 FM) and for Cleveland smooth jazz station WNWV (107.3 FM). The service was called the "Al Roker Radio Weather Network," it was provided by United Stations Radio Network. He has since been replaced on those networks by The Ramon and Frunkis Show

Barrett, Liz (October 18, 2006). Al Roker Sure Loves His "Man Candy"

Great!, now where's the billboard thread for this?

M

merdoc5

Hit the advertizers directly Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson & those of us with truck fleets Ford & Chevy.

The today show is an advertising gold mine for almost every major company in the US today, simply for the fact of the Today Show's long & storied carrier.
We shouldnt let this one an example needs to be made.

pg.com/getintouch
jnj.com
Here are 2 I started with enjoy

F

fitzr

What happened today? I didn't hear a mention of Al on the show.

HAHAHAHA

I took an angry letter from the roker message board and sent it to AL as my own letter. He replied.......silly wiggle

Dear Brian,

I am truly sorry that my comments on TODAY last Thursday, about the London Olympic logo, caused you, or anyone who you may know dealing with epilepsy, any hurt or upset.

I hope you accept my heartfelt apology, my intention never was to make fun of or belittle anyone.

Sincerely,
Al Roker

Al,

Just wanted to extend an invitation for you to come to my home. The reason for the invitation is to witness my child have a seizure. I want to see what your reaction will be. Nice fecking joke on the show about epileptics. Come to my house Al, let's see the realness of your "joke". At the very least you should be beyond ashamed and offer a REAL appology.

You claimed to be a moral authority on what the average person should see and hear over the airwaves, remember Imus? Why aren't you defending your words? You should be beyond ashamed. Not the average kind of shame, not the kind of shame maybe for telling a white lie. I'm talking about the deep seeded kind of christian shame that you see when you look in the mirror. I want you to look in the mirror and repeat your joke, but imagine instead of looking at your bobble head, imagine my 5 year old looking back at you. I'm sure in your own head she's laughing her ass off at your "joke". Feels good huh Al?

Any ammount of respect I had for you vanished the second you pointed and laughed at my kid. Regardless of what you say that's exactly what you did. Regardless of the worthlessly hollow appologies I will NEVER support any of your programs ever again and I will NEVER forgive you for getting me this pisseded off.

**** you and rot in HELL Al.

Fondest regards,

Brian

freakye01

Reply from Allllllll

Looks like he's sending the same e-mail to everyone... I just got this one.

-------

Dear Eric,

I am truly sorry that my comments on TODAY last Thursday, about the London
Olympic logo, caused you, or anyone who you may know dealing with epilepsy,
any hurt or upset.

I hope you accept my heartfelt apology, my intention never was to make fun
of or belittle anyone.

Sincerely,
Al Roker

I replied back anyway:

Dear Al,

Don Imus was truly sorry for his comments. You sir, are not. You went on air and lied about your intentions with the joke. So, why is it that he lost his job and you keep yours?? Sadly Al, it's because you are black and people fear being called a racist. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself. You helped spearhead the destruction of a mans career for a joke. His job is to make jokes. Your job is to tell us if it's going to rain and you get away with inappropriate jokes. If you are truly sorry, you will step down from your position in the public eye.

Brian

J

Jizz_Bucket

My previous post

When you click that link, enter Al Roker in the search field to get to the petition and signatures.

Thanks - the original Jizz_Bucket

J

Jizz_Bucket

Ha ha ha, #47 is good too!

freakye01

Spelling

Um... And could whomever made that petition.... PLEASE fix it?

Discipline is spelled like that...

Not Disipline.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
Dear Mr. Roker,

First off, no one is buying that you were joking about the Olympic logo. Your comment involved people twitching on the floor and getting up and voting. Logos cannot vote. Nor can they twitch on the floor.

Secondly, I'm unclear as to how what you said differs from Imus making an "offensive" joke. Both poked fun at the expense of a "community." I understand a difference is that that he was making a joke on a comedy program known for rude humor while you made your comment on a "news" show which should be used to inform people. Please clarify.