while we're at it,his producer, Bernard McGurk needs
to be canned as well. McGurk is just as guilty, often
egging Imus on."

"The "I'm a good person who said a bad thing" apology
doesn't cut it."

"He has to take his punishment and start over. Guess
what? He'll get re-hired and we'll go on like nothing
happened. CBS Radio and NBC News needs to remove Don
Imus from the airwaves. That is what needs to happen.
Otherwise, it just looks like profits and ratings rule
over decency and justice."

Now, I don't find what Al said as offensive. I find Mr
Roker to be the biggest hippocrate there is. After an
even less believeable appology (one that was hardly as
sinere as Mr Imus'), Al will keep his job and continue
to "entertain" America. Why? Because there are no
special interest groups defending epliliptics.

Al needs to recognize that he is no different that Don
Imus. An "entertainer" who said something in jest at
the expense of others... for a laugh.

Freedom of speech is not determinded by the color of
our skin.

Bad_Hawk

No, not that hawk
Pests,
Let NBC know how we feel and that we were very offended. Let him get a taste of his own medicine. This is an order from th Boyzzzzz (as of 2 minutes ago).

I'm not so sure O&A sanctioned this attack and many others that appear to do more harm then good for their cause. If they did sanction it and try to get a guy censored or fired for humorous remarks, they are losing sight of the battle and just trying to have others hurt like them.

I don't care who the person is or what they said, the only way to fight this PC crap is to SUPPORT the people being fired and censored for humorous remarks.

Otherwise all the efforts made by P.A.C. and other groups and individuals that want O&A back UNCENSORED are moot.

Don’t try to get people fired, support them you dolts.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
I'm not so sure O&A sanctioned this attack and many others that appear to do more harm then good for their cause. If they did sanction it and try to get a guy censored or fired for humorous remarks, they are losing sight of the battle and just trying to have others hurt like them.

I don't care who the person is or what they said, the only way to fight this PC crap is to SUPPORT the people being fired and censored for humorous remarks.

Otherwise all the efforts made by P.A.C. and other groups and individuals that want O&A back UNCENSORED are moot.

Don’t try to get people fired, support them you dolts.
O&A stated that this is not about what Al said, but the fact that he is a hypocrite. That is the point that they are trying to make. Had Al not been out for Imus' job, and posted a blog saying that Imus should not have done what Al just did, it would not be a problem. PAC has nothing to do with this. It it not a censorship issue. I don't think anyone is calling for his job, they just want him to publicly admit he is a liar and a hypcrite! And according to his set of standards he needs to resign.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
O&A stated that this is not about what Al said, but the fact that he is a hypocrite. That is the point that they are trying to make. Had Al not been out for Imus' job, and posted a blog saying that Imus should not have done what Al just did, it would not be a problem. PAC has nothing to do with this. It it not a censorship issue. I don't think anyone is calling for his job, they just want him to publicly admit he is a liar and a hypcrite! And according to his set of standards he needs to resign.
Have you read this thread? Everyone of the people who are making comments here wants people to call for his job. 99% of these same people, if not 100% of them were calling for the saving of Imus.

I, for one, find this more hypocritical that the Roker comment itself. If we are supposed to be supporting the freedom of speech, we should be fighting for Al to be keeping his job, not to find a special intrest group to call for his head.

But rememeber, I'm not a real O+A fan according to some, as I didn't cancel my XM.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Have you read this thread? Everyone of the people who are making comments here wants people to call for his job. 99% of these same people, if not 100% of them were calling for the saving of Imus.

I, for one, find this more hypocritical that the Roker comment itself. If we are supposed to be supporting the freedom of speech, we should be fighting for Al to be keeping his job, not to find a special intrest group to call for his head.

But rememeber, I'm not a real O+A fan according to some, as I didn't cancel my XM.
I was referring to O&A specifically. They said on the show that they wanted him to resign. That to me, is different then calling for someones job. They want him to admit he is a hypocrite and resign of his own will, not because people and yelling for him to be fired.

But then again, what do I know, I really should have went to bed by now! :huh:

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
I was referring to O&A specifically. They said on the show that they wanted him to resign. That to me, is different then calling for someones job. They want him to admit he is a hypocrite and resign of his own will, not because people and yelling for him to be fired.

But then again, what do I know, I really should have went to bed by now! :huh:
ok. in that we'll agree. however I still personally think he should survive this. i don't agree with what he said, but again, I will stand by his right to say it

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
ok. in that we'll agree. however I still personally think he should survive this. i don't agree with what he said, but again, I will stand by his right to say it
Couldn't agree more. I would be a hypocrite myself If I called/e-mail to bitch and complain to have him fired.

Dare I say I think it would actually help the greater cause if he doesn't get fired. It would show that things are starting to wind down.

IMUS GOT FIRED
JV & Elvis got fired
O&A got suspended
Al gets nothing
and sooner or later no one gives a shit

I still think he needs to be called out and made an ass of.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
[SIZE="5" said:
IMUS GOT FIRED[/SIZE]
JV & Elvis got fired
O&A got suspended
Al gets nothing
and sooner or later no one gives a shit

IMUS GOT FIRED>>>>>White
JV & Elvis got fired>>>>>White
O&A got suspended>>>>>White
Al gets nothing>>>>>Black

I wonder why nothing is happening to Al. I could be wrong, but Patrice agrees with me. I guess, this is terrible, but the African American "people" are just better at pulling together to get whites fired. Their also better at marching, thanks to white America. If HTG was African American, that site would be back up and 30000 people would have showed up to the rally.

Am I the only one there? I'm posting like a sonofabitch and suddenly realized it's just me.

Lonelily

put something clever here

I agree with you on this. How can we make people take our cause seriously if we don't take it seriously enough? By calling for his firing we are stating that we are just as bad as those that called for Imus' job, etc. We need to be the bigger group and fight for what is right, not revenge. We need to support all forms of freedom of speech, even if it comes from hypocrites.

Rev

I'm a member of the elitist media, maaan!
Not sure where else to post this, so here will do just fine...

This morning (5am), at the start of the Curtis & Kuby Show on 770am, they mentioned the controversy as their #4 of the top 5 stories for their show.

They started it with mock-trumpeting some online petition that had a whopping 450 signatures asking for his firing. But they turned it around, accurately giving the Roker-Imus backstory, then playing the full audio of the epilepsy gaff. Closing it out, in a direct statement to Al, Kurtis said " I don't think he should be fired, but, Al... you DID lead the charge against Imus."

Now, I only listen to them on the commute in, so i don't know for sure if they return to and elaborate on their top 5 stories thruout the day. Can anyone else fill the gaps, or better yet, find some audio?

PopeDX

IMUS GOT FIRED>>>>>White (talking about black people)
JV & Elvis got fired>>>>>White (talking about Asian people)
O&A got suspended>>>>>White (talking about political figures with a rather large black man arguing their point all over)
Al gets nothing>>>>>Black (doesn't matter)
FYP :)