Pests?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Where'd they go?

I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS

Kidding, this isn't one of those threads. Just wondering what happened to the enthusiasts. They still out there?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Now Shooter's a hater?1

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Never will be a hater.

I still like Opie. And I like Danny. There's your proof.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The novelty and fun of listeners being that involved outlived its usefulness.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
The novelty and fun of listeners being that involved outlived its usefulness.
IMO I think Paltalk ruined all of it. The fans didn't realize that communicating with other people meant ignoring their sociopathic tendencies. The fans started hating eachother and then subsequently the show.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
What was the name of the one branch of Pests?
They were like the extremist pests, and it was something weird like Pink Bunnies

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
What was the name of the one branch of Pests?
They were like the extremist pests, and it was something weird like Pink Bunnies or something
Wasn't it called P.O.W? "Pests Out West?" Can't believe I remember that.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
I think it was the Pink Peppermints. There was this dolt stern fan in Florida who was stink-talking O&A so this miscreant O&A fan delivered peppermints to his house as some kind of half-assed threat.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
IMO I think Paltalk ruined all of it. The fans didn't realize that communicating with other people meant ignoring their sociopathic tendencies. The fans started hating eachother and then subsequently the show.
Paltalk almost killed O&A and did kill R&F. The first rule of radio is that you are talking TO the fans, not WITH them. If the fans were meant to be a part of the show, they wouldn't need highly paid and talented people to do the shows.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Paltalk almost killed O&A and did kill R&F. The first rule of radio is that you are talking TO the fans, not WITH them. If the fans were meant to be a part of the show, they wouldn't need highly paid and talented people to do the shows.
Good point. Fucking Paltalk!

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I think it was the Pink Peppermints. There was this dolt stern fan in Florida who was stink-talking O&A so this miscreant O&A fan delivered peppermints to his house as some kind of half-assed threat.
That's it, Thank you. I remember that guy.

Paltalk almost killed O&A and did kill R&F.
That's when I went from a full RnF show listener to maybe 2 times a weeker. As great as the updates of what other fans were doing in their bedrooms/office was...
Ooooh, they're making cereal!

But let's hire East Side Dave.
And when ESD left, that's when i stopped listening.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Ron and Fez fans struck me as old hipsters who started their midlife crises in their 30's and kind of never got over it.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
How can you all have the same conversation every week?

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
How can you all have the same conversation every week?
I've never been involved in this conversation. This is my first time. Want to let me finish inside you or should I lose my general discussion manhood to these gentlemen?

Pardon if this thread is redundant but I'm sure most of them are.

Mainly what I was asking was, why all the hate? Why do so many people hate the show now? We've determined it's mostly Paltalk, but they get new listeners all the time right? I just turned a couple people onto the show last week. They love it. There's nothing wrong with the show, Opie doesn't ALWAYS talk about Twitter, Anthony is a bigot not a racist there is a difference, Danny is a smart dude, but people bitch all the time.

Now bitching about R&F I can understand because that show is mostly dead air and unfunny nonsense. Get Ron a TV show and let him interview some people. That radio show isn't the right gig for him.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Mainly what I was asking was, why all the hate?
Cause people that post on message boards, in general, are miserable faggots.
It wouldn't matter if this board was about baseball or movies. The majority of people come to bitch, because no one in their life would even pretend to care about their problems if they were screaming them through a megaphone.

Not everyone, but lots.

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
I'm a PEST.

I know it's a goofy radio show. It's just fun sometimes.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
I hated Maxwell and still do. The only pest thing I did was against that fat fuck. I took down his myspace and uploaded a bunch of O&A shit and called his show a few times to shit on him. But hey, my ravenous attacks and updates for Norton got me 2 free tickets to see him when he hit Cleveland, so that was quite fucking cool.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Those sure were the days weren't they? We sure did have some fun with things; Maxwell, Phillips, Tyra.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
The reporter getting the air horn in his ear was not good.

The "pests" were getting out of hand and I think the lawyers
stepped in at that point and ended it. Someone would done
something stupid and gotten them fired or sued.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
The reporter getting the air horn in his ear was not good.
Almost forgot about that. But just because the AOTM didn't work out doesn't mean you can't still do funny things like sending cock pics to rival (read:inferior) radio shows.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Almost forgot about that. But just because the AOTM didn't work out doesn't mean you can't still do funny things like sending cock pics to rival (read:inferior) radio shows.
Lawyers don't see things that way. They just kill everything
so there's no chance of ever being in trouble. Pussies.