Phenomenon

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Is anyone else watching this show? For the most part the acts are crap. But they just had a moment where this guy claimed he was possessed by a spirit and was able to tell the audience what was in a box because of it.

Chris Angel got angry and held up an envelope. He told the guy that he would give him one-million-dollars of his own money if his "spirit" could tell Chris what was in the envelope. The douche said the "energy wasn't right." They both started shouting and it looks like they almost came to blows.

Unlike that Uri fag, Chris knows it's all bullshit and I loved that he called the douche out on it.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
No, I'm watching PatBattleField shoot shit in a video game on Paltalk.

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
Yeah, I saw that. Most of the acts are either shitty or not acted out good. I know how some of the stuff is done and the performers do an awful job at selling the act.

I'm glad Criss Angel outed that guy; some honest TV for once.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Uri doesn't believe that shit either. but his whole livelihood is built on making people people so like any good huckster he plays the role.

AssOrgy

Feb 10, 2006
Boston
Which part was Cris playing that night? Pot or Kettle?

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I watched this the first night it was on. It sucked ass. Ross the Intern needs to come down with the HIV and die. He could be one of the most annoying people in our world. Last night I came across it while flipping through the channels and saw Trishelle as one of the 'celebs' in the crowd. As a network if you have a show where your celeb panel has an F list reality TV star whos 15 minutes of fame consist of an almost on air abortion, you need to hire a new creative team.
Maybe its just me but Criss Angel really annoys me. He just comes across with this 'im better then you' attitude.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Which part was Cris playing that night? Pot or Kettle?
Neither. Criss Angel is the first person to tell you it's all tricks and an act. He gets off on you knowing it's just a trick and still fooling you anyway.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
See, my whole thing was, how bout I walk up to Criss Angel in the street and be like "Hey Criss, walk across that body of water(whatever it may be)" or "Float". He would give ME some shit like, "Uhhhhh, I'm not feeling it right now", or the same kind of douchey response that guy gave him. Criss Angel is just as big of a queen as that other guy.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
See, my whole thing was, how bout I walk up to Criss Angel in the street and be like "Hey Criss, walk across that body of water(whatever it may be)" or "Float". He would give ME some shit like, "Uhhhhh, I'm not feeling it right now", or the same kind of douchey response that guy gave him. Criss Angel is just as big of a queen as that other guy.
Exactly, not that i have anything against Chris, i like Mind Freak, but what he did to that guy on stage he could have easily done to any of the other "mentalists."
I don't know, but the whole act seemed staged to me. Maybe it was to create drama and try to get more people to watch the show.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Except I've read about people doing just that and him saying "I'm not set up for that" or some shit like that. And if you listened to the way he critiqued the other contestants he did mention repeatedly how it was tricks and how he's seen other versions of that trick. He even got a couple of contestants to say something like "of course it's a trick."

During his act is he going to say it's tricks? No, not usually. But that's part of the act. Once the act is over he becomes a real person again.

What pisses him off about about the douche and other psychics is that they try to sell that it's real. All the time. In interviews, on the street, etc. They never leave the act behind. It's bullshit; they know it and wont admit it.

The confrontation on the show was great because the act was over, it was time to come clean, and the guy started spouting shit about "energy" and kept shaking and huffing and puffing like it was real. It was infuriating for me as someone watching it and I almost cheered out loud when Angel called him on his bullshit.

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
No he wouldn't.
Criss said a bunch of times that he doesn't have any powers and that it's all fake.
That's why he outed that guy on TV. Before the show began, he said (I forgot where) that if any of the contestants claim that they have special powers, he will confront them live on the show; and he did just that.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
havent watched it yet...

its on right now, but i have no idea if its new or not.

doing some kind of elimination round right now.

something to watch before south park

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I just turned this on. Didn't watch it last week. Hefners sluts really keep themselves busy, huh!?

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
yeah... this voodoo doll thing was douchey, but funny the way he approached it.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Anything will shock/amaze these broads!

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
hahaha this one is easy. She asked one of the sluts to think of someone who left her in her life, then the "magician" will guess.

Daddy!?

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
got the name? wasnt that on her show tho.? I knew her daddy left her from the show I wonder did they say his name I sure you can find it somewhere

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
that paintball bit was very good.

funny and engaging.

i liked that one the best of all of them so far.

AssOrgy

Feb 10, 2006
Boston
Neither. Criss Angel is the first person to tell you it's all tricks and an act. He gets off on you knowing it's just a trick and still fooling you anyway.
I think you have Cris Angel mixed up with Penn & Teller.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Penn & Teller have been doing that for 25 years.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I think you have Cris Angel mixed up with Penn & Teller.
Penn & Teller have been doing that for 25 years.
Yeah, them too.

As someone already said in this thread, Angel said in the first episode of the series that he would call out anyone who tried to claim what they were doing was "real." I don't think you can get more clear than that.