Philly is fat, unattractive, grumpy, and unworldly.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.

The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine.

For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.

But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit.

"We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.

"The relative attractiveness of its residents is only a minuscule factor in evaluating a city's merit."

Philadelphians' self-esteem has been undermined by national surveys showing they are among the fattest people in the United States. The American Obesity Association ranked the city in the top 10 for overweight people every year between 2000 and 2005.

And sporting pride in a city known for the fierce loyalty of its fans has been hurt by not having had a national champion in any of its four main sports since the 76ers won the National Basketball Association title in 1983.

:haha7:

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
No wonder they are so bitter. I didn't think it could be cause their sports suck to high heaven.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot
I don't agree that Dallas is down there at the bottom with ugly people. Some of the best looking girls I have EVER seen came from both the Dallas and Houston area.

I think the person writing the story may have gotten the results mixed up and didn't know if the poll meant the city or the people were unattractive. Because Dallas isn't that fucking fantastic looking as a city.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I lived in Philly for a while, I think they may have a point.

Best town I've ever seen for hot chicks? Newport, RI.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
i think ill stay down here in miami for a little longer before i go home to philly

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
After living all over the country and overseas, the hottest and sexiest ladies are definitely in San Diego. Even after a couple of years in LA, San Diego wins hands down.

Man, I miss those weekend afternoons on Mission Beach.

Jan 6, 2006
Philly sucks nothing new there
It sucked when I drove through it.

I got enough of it then.

Same thing for Jeresy.

(yeah, I know you're from there. wanna fight about it?)

:)action-sm)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I don't know about Miami, but the quality of woman in Tampa was just sick. So many hot bodies.

Then again, I live in Seattle. The home of Fat rolls and single mothers. Blech.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I agree. I don't care much for the city at all. But there's some great stuff in the suburbs and whatnot.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Fat - yup, you're kind of forced to drive everywhere around here with the shitty public transportation system.

Stylish - arguable. Moore College is here which is one of the absolute top fashion schools in the country(I know that from dating students there(it's an all girl college)), but then to counteract that there's the NE Philly look of wifebeater, shorts, socks and Adidas shower sandals.

Least friendly - definitely true and I love Philly for that. I hate most people and prefer to not have to say 'Hi' constantly

Least worldly - being that its a blue collar city, most of the people don't give a shit about anything that isn't around here

Unattractive - probably not as attractive as some other cities, but there are definitely some good looking girls here. Just not as many as other cities.

Didn't really have a point in all that. Bored and just felt like arguing/discussing the points, since I do actually like Philly. Though I do love hanging out in NYC a lot.