PHILLY REALITY: ONA Dumped from WYSP; What's Opie's "doozy" for Philly?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
OPIE: And boy, do I have a doozy for Philly. Can't wait for you to play your card, 'cause I got a fine hand waiting to be played.
Hmmm....

If they get booted from WYSP, do you think their contract allows them to go to a non-CBS station in the same market?

Clear Channel's 104.5 (WRFF) just switched from Spanish to rock, and they don't seem to have a real morning show yet.

Radio 104.5 is new radio! Being Philadelphia’s newest rock station, we provide great rock music with an alternative vibe. What makes us different… no hype, stupid liners or radio contests. We have longer music sweeps and the widest selection of music including new bands and cuts not heard in years.
This station is already beating 93.3 (home of Preston & Steve) in the ratings.

Hmmm....

What do you Philly people know about this situation?

Help build Radio 104.5

Dec 9, 2004
Why would they want to put on O&A (who currently get beat by Preston and Steve) if they are already beating 93.3?

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
don't know about the OandA possibility
but on the rare occasion i listen to fm radio here
104.5 is the only one i'll leave on for a while

MikeHimself

Thoughts and Prayers
Jun 16, 2004
Philly
that station has been pretty good from what i've listened to. they play a lot of music and keep the commercials and the phony banter in between to a minimum.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
The station may be beating MMR in the overall ratings, but I'd guess that the odds are that music in the morning isn't beating Preston and Steve or O & A.

Why would they want to put on O&A (who currently get beat by Preston and Steve) if they are already beating 93.3?

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Maybe Opie knows a lot about WYSP's dirty laundry and he's just gonna drop it all like a dump truck.

Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, NY
does Citadel own any stations in Philly? they would probably get picked up by Fareed if YSP dropped them if he owns stations in Philly

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Philly should be punished with no Virus or other tours.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Opie will just wipe out his cock and piss all of the PD showing him who is the bossman.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Maybe Opie is going to challenge Preston and Steve to a celebrity boxing match. You know, for charity?

Mystic Pain

The few, The proud, The people that get the show
Jan 8, 2006
N. California
Opie is going to gather thousands of pests to smash regular radios in front of their studios.

AnalLeakage

Ruining Ant's sheets
Oct 22, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Opie is going to gather thousands of pests to smash regular radios in front of their studios.
I woulda replied with "lol" if straight men still did that after 2002, but I loffed quite a bit. Seriously can Opie really blow up the Philly station or P.D? I thought he 'never called us back and I asked him to call us so we could give him and he could give us city info..etc. ' Also could the zombie who is bound to replace them (AKA Kid Chris) have thrown the boys any ammo recently? Probably not. Trying not to dig deeper into 'bash mode' it reminded when I was listening of a girlfriend I had when I was dumping her for a hotter chick who worked in my building. 'You mother fucker. I have your old cell phone and your friends phone numbers". ' Thanks. Let me know what they think of my new girlfriend.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
Opie is going to hide the only existing tape of Spuds Buckley somewhere on the WYSP grounds.

G

gofurself

If WYSP drops the boys, Opie will offer Kidd Chris a job in NY. He has said before that Chris should do afternoons or middays in NY and Chris hasn't seemed too happy about the shadiness of YSP during this whole situation. That would leave WYSP with no morning show. They get NOTHING. They LOSE.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
On his last visit there, Op dropped mud in a file cabinet and he will reveal which one to them.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
If WYSP drops the boys, Opie will offer Kidd Chris a job in NY. He has said before that Chris should do afternoons or middays in NY and Chris hasn't seemed too happy about the shadiness of YSP during this whole situation. That would leave WYSP with no morning show. They get NOTHING. They LOSE.
interesting idea

BroncTrucker

Castro chewing on a london broil
Jan 30, 2005
philly
Hmmm....

If they get booted from WYSP, do you think their contract allows them to go to a non-CBS station in the same market?

Clear Channel's 104.5 (WRFF) just switched from Spanish to rock, and they don't seem to have a real morning show yet.

This station is already beating 93.3 (home of Preston & Steve) in the ratings.

Hmmm....

What do you Philly people know about this situation?

Help build Radio 104.5
My wife no longer has XM in her car(got a new volvo, doesn't want wires all over the place, at least she didn't activate her free sirius sub...) when i have to ride with her i put 104.5 on. far better then YSP or WMMR. its a mix of ethel and lucy. check it out if you're with out an XM...

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
The station may be beating MMR in the overall ratings, but I'd guess that the odds are that music in the morning isn't beating Preston and Steve or O & A.
You are correct with the P&S portion. I wrote to Mike Klein of the Inquirer today asking how the ratings were for 104.5

Q. I was wondering what the latest set of ratings was for WRFF 104.5. I recently read in your Q&A column that they #2 behind WMMR. I really like the fact that they play new rock and mix in some older songs.
Debbie , Philadelphia 10/18/07

A. WRFF is doing extraordinarily well. In Septembe, it was #1 for the fourth month in a row in average share among listeners 18-34. Its only "weak" area seems to be morning drive, where it's #2 to Preston & Steve on WMMR.
Michael Klein

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
You are correct with the P&S portion. I wrote to Mike Klein of the Inquirer today asking how the ratings were for 104.5

Q. I was wondering what the latest set of ratings was for WRFF 104.5. I recently read in your Q&A column that they #2 behind WMMR. I really like the fact that they play new rock and mix in some older songs.
Debbie , Philadelphia 10/18/07

A. WRFF is doing extraordinarily well. In Septembe, it was #1 for the fourth month in a row in average share among listeners 18-34. Its only "weak" area seems to be morning drive, where it's #2 to Preston & Steve on WMMR.
Michael Klein
you're feeding the speculation Deb

wouldn't mind if this happened though

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I know nothing, but wouldn't this 104.5 be their only clear channel station?

Isn't Clear Channel more strict on their hosts than CBS?

O&A need to get their 6-7AM hour replayed on the FM side from 9-10AM. This one thing will boost their ratings in every single market. It's like trying to get the best test score when everyone else but you has 25 bonus points thrown in.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
yea going to another station has to be it, they have been talking a lot of citadel lately (smart move by them since fahreed seems to really be in their corner)