Philly school bans fuzzy boots

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
School bans fuzzy boots used to hide cell phones7 photos - 1 hr 55 mins ago

See latest photos »

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Singer Nancy Sinatra may have had boots made for walking, but she never attended Pottstown Middle School.
Starting Monday the Philadelphia suburban district is banning the wearing of fuzzy open-top boots, including the popular Ugg brand, to middle school classes because students have been stashing cell phones in the loose footwear, according to district director of community relations John Armato.
"Cell phones are a problem for obvious reasons," Armato said.
Superintendent Reed Lindley said the school principal asked for the boot ban "because of the classroom disruptions that are resulting from ringing cell phones."
Students at the school can avoid going toe-to-toe with school officials by wearing boots that lace up and usually have a snugger fit.
First time offenders will get detention, and subsequent violations include two detentions, followed by confiscation of the phone, Armato said.
Middle school parent Adrienne Beyer said she thinks the ban is extreme.
"I understand there may be a handful of kids that shove cell phones down their boots, but why does the handful have to ruin it for the other 600 students? But, I said to my daughter, 'It's a rule and we're going to follow it,'" Beyer said.
Ugg sheepskin boots originated in Australia and New Zealand and have become popular with pre-teens and teenagers in the United States in recent years.
(Editing By Barbara Goldberg and Greg McCune)
Really, can't the media save the puns for the message boards?

THRILLHO

I hope that princepal feels like a heel. He must have no sole. He should get the boot. did i get them all?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Really, can't the media save the puns for the message boards?
You have no idea. We have a local paper here that tries to make
every fucking headline a pun. I wanna go to their office and
punch the editor in the face for allowing that shit.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
The ban won't do shit. The truth is that the students are often smarter (at least in the street sense) than the faculty. They'll find another way. In the end, all they did was ban fuzzy boots.

By the way, "fuzzy boots" reminds me of "Fuzzy Slippers" from Hey Arnold!.

OccupyWackbag

Middle school parent Adrienne Beyer said she thinks the ban is extreme.
Ah to live the life of a responsibility less housewife with no real concerns.

OccupyWackbag

All of my children's school cloths are going to come from The Men's Warehouse or Brooks Brothers... We'll see how much I have in the bank.

Oh wait i got that backwards
[video=youtube;QjUk3Bp16zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjUk3Bp16zs[/video]

And a fucking terrible one at that.
[video=youtube;XD1XGySdI0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1XGySdI0k[/video]
but somehow it makes me look the other way from the issues in current events .....

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I remember a few years ago, maybe 2004 or 2005, the high school that I went to tried to ban students from having their coats in the classroom. All because some asshole in another high school in the area hid a knife in his coat pocket. I got yelled at at least 4 or 5 times because I didn't feel like going across the fucking school at the end of the day to get my coat(the school is huge) I sure as hell wasn't missing my bus home because some asshole teacher decided that having a coat in class is dangerous.
:Edit the year after we had at least 5 or 6 bomb threats called into the school. Some cunts boyfriend(who was 25) kept calling them in.

I remember a few years ago, maybe 2004 or 2005, the high school that I went to tried to ban students from having their coats in the classroom. All because some asshole in another high school in the area hid a knife in his coat pocket. I got yelled at at least 4 or 5 times because I didn't feel like going across the fucking school at the end of the day to get my coat(the school is huge) I sure as hell wasn't missing my bus home because some asshole teacher decided that having a coat in class is dangerous.
:Edit the year after we had at least 5 or 6 bomb threats called into the school. Some cunts boyfriend(who was 25) kept calling them in.
Better than some mexican stealing your leather jacket on the last day of school in shop class ...I know who that fucker is and I will find him one day

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Do these kids not have pockets?