Phone Screen Replacement Repair Kit???

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Anyone tried this? They have them for $7 on ebay and up to $30 elsewhere.

At $7 there is nothing to lose so worth a try I guess.

If you have tried one, any suggestions?

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Anyone tried this? They have them for $7 on ebay and up to $30 elsewhere.

At $7 there is nothing to lose so worth a try I guess.

If you have tried one, any suggestions?
I've done a handful, some brands/models are more tedious than others. It helps to have a handful of tools that cost far more than the replacement of that screen. The $7 kit is not likely different than the $30 one, most likely that seller is probably labeling it as "genuine" or OEM and could be full of shit.

Heat gun (maybe can get away with a hair dryer or even torch) and plastic/nylon pry tools would help.

Watch all the videos for your given model. If not comfortable with this type of repair it may be worth taking to one of those cellphone repair stores but that would only be if upside down on whatever the cell company is charging you to just move to a new phone.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I did it myself on an old Droid phone some years back. It wasn't perfect, but worked well enough that it let me ride out the rest of my contract. This was back in the day when you got a free (or nearly free) phone from your carrier.

Now, I just have the accidental damage protection plan and get ass-raped by the deductible when I need to use it.

Just be prepared to plunk down the cash for a new phone if you screw it up worse than it already is. :)

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I did my wife’s old IPad with limited success I ended up jamming the home key and last week I dropped it on the garage floor and broke it again

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I guess I’ll be the one to ask what JB read here that made him throw his phone in disgust.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I have a droid XT 912 that is seven years old, but I've been continuously updating with Custom Roms. The corner of glass has a crack, not the LCD, and the battery seems to be fine with close app monitoring. I'm wondering how hard it would be to replace the glass and battery.