Phone Wiring Help at NID/Demarc (Long w/ Pics)

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
When I had my DSL hooked up, they didn't do anything in or on the house hookups. I am assuming they did something to at the box up on the corner of the street. Then they gave me a bunch of line filters to install on the actual phone jacks in the house. I has to install these on any phone jack in the house that I didnt want to use for the DSL. I cant figure out why they would have screwed with the wiring in your house.
Its a bit different when youre using different carriers. If I was to make one of the existing phone lines a DSL line as well, then nobody would have had to mess with that box. But because the voice lines are from AT&T I think they had to run a new line into the building, but Im not sure.

Can anybody confirm that the black 4 conductor cable is for the DSL line? Could the DSL be coming thru existing wiring on an unused pair?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If the 2nd position has the dry DSL then it appears the Bl/W of the 2pr ASW has the DSL on it.

The DSL will be coming through on whatever pair the bridge is connected to.

BigWilly

Just thoughts, no prayers.
Dec 11, 2004
Lakewood, CO
Man, I'm not sure what I did, but I think I plugged something in wrong. Can anybody help me? Here's a pic:

:action-sm

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Man, I'm not sure what I did, but I think I plugged something in wrong. Can anybody help me? Here's a pic:

yup, take this

and clean er up a bit.
i dont want anyone in the back row hearing a peep.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York

You can't fool me sir. I recognize the seemingly tangled but nicely ordered mess which is generally the work of a road-crew.