Pick A Time Period To Live In

If you could chose any period in time to live in, what era or period would you like to have been alive during? Why?

Pick any time ever: Cavemen/Dinosaurs, Mesopotamia, Romans, Ancient Greeks, Viking Age, Dark Ages, U.S West Expansion... Etc

For me, I think I'd go with the Middle Ages. Living in Britain. I'd love to be a fucking Knight, if for nothing else than to be able to dress like a knight. I'd love to just ride around on a horse with a sword, draped in some chain mail and little iron helmet-mask. I'd like to be involved in the whole medieval institution.

As a second choice I'd take the "Wild West"

AssOrgy

Wild Wild West. Carry a gun, drink wiskey, bang hookers, play poker. Not too different from what I do now. But back then it was cool, man.

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
If you could chose any period in time to live in, what era or period would you like to have been alive during? Why?

Pick any time ever: Cavemen/Dinosaurs, Mesopotamia, Romans, Ancient Greeks, Viking Age, Dark Ages, U.S West Expansion... Etc

For me, I think I'd go with the Middle Ages. Living in Britain. I'd love to be a fucking Knight, if for nothing else than to be able to dress like a knight. I'd love to just ride around on a horse with a sword, draped in some chain mail and little iron helmet-mask. I'd like to be involved in the whole medieval institution.

As a second choice I'd take the "Wild West"
2-damage! 2-damage!

Fuck all that ancient shit, life sucked. Most people didn't make it past 30 and life before 30 sucked too. Give me the future and a robot body.

But if I could take my T2 body and a big solar panel to any period, gotta go with ancient ancient Greece (2000 bc, not that 300 bc sissy shit) or Sumer.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
The 1950s, before it was a sin to be white, when black people actually made good music, and girls didn't fuck 50 guys before they were 18, cars were badass and not faggy fiberglass spacemobiles, and a house didn't cost 500,000 grand.

I would have been a greaser and beat up Socs and had a switchblade and made out with Betty Lou at the drive-in.

I would have loved it.

The 1950s, before it was a sin to be white, when black people actually made good music, and girls didn't fuck 50 guys before they were 18, cars were badass and not faggy fiberglass spacemobiles, and a house didn't cost 500,000 grand.

I would have been a greaser and beat up Socs and had a switchblade and made out with Betty Lou at the drive-in.

I would have loved it.

Good answer actually, and I think I'll be waiting and the book depository to get the drop on a certain asshole. And if Kennedy still gets assassinated, well we know there was a second gunman.

I'd want to live in the 30's and 40's so I could smoke Lucky Strikes, shoot Nazi's and spit on Schwoogies.

I dont' know about the 1950s, too Happy Days for me.
I wouldn't be able to grease my hair and come it all over to one side, or drink milk-shakes and go to "hops". Those stupid cars with the giant fins on the sides.

Happy Days did make it seem easy to pick ladies up though, I'd be down for that. Just buy some girl a milkshake at some burgerjoint and take her home.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
I'd go back to the late 1800's and kill Baby Hitler
I wonder what America would be like today if Hitler died as an infant.

I could never pick just one. Id have to be able to travel around. Roaring 20's, WW2, Post War (in florida durring the moonshot), Wild West, Summer of love, ancient Greece (no homo), knights and swords

I need a fucking delorean

I agree with abudabit. Fuck the past. Having to knock out aching toofs with a rock and dying of syphilis from fucking horny whores would genuinely suck ass.

Joe Avezzano

I would have loved it.
This is exactly what I thought. It's so easy to say you'd go back to the middle ages and live out all your D&D fantasies, but life really did suck then and I think most of us don't realize how afwul life would be without at least some of our modern conveniences and medicines. I would just have to remember to bring my Gray's Sports Almanac with me before I go.

Let me state for the record, I've never played or even seen a Dungeons and Dragons game, I don't know if it's a board game or a deck of cards...

I'd still be a Knight, though my new stipulation is that I much be rich for that time period. And my women must shave

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
The 19-fucking-20s. Everyone was doped up, coke up, rise of Hollywood, rise of the mob. That was the shit. Awesome clothing, chicks were hot and loose, dancing to the Charleston, technology was zany, economy boom, hats. 1920s man is where it's at.

The problem is for the most part everything before 1850 was like the same ol', same ol' but after like the 1850s, every 30 years the world changed.

I enjoy medicine and electricity too much. But if forced to pick, I'd have to go with being a Viking and rampaging until killed.

generoso

Blueberry Coffee diva.
I'm with the future people, The past sucks, You get a cold you die, Had wipe your ass with fucking leaves and shit in holes. You only lived till 30 but you married at 15 or so ( ok one good thing). And that Viking shit try living on a boat so small you can't move for months but rowing. I want to move forward to the jetsons future, Flying cars 4 hour work weeks. thats for me. Plus also if I wanted the living in the past shit I would pop in my holodeck for a few days.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
runner up- the time of henry VIII, there was plague, martin luther, crazy political scandals. i would have to marry a noble because there is no way i'd be slumming around dirty london getting all black deathy :)

winner- civil war times, i definatly would love to be scarlet ohara