Piggy Presents April Book Club: I'm Thinking of Ending Book Club by Iain Reid

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I'm really bothered by this book.

Is someone schizo? Is it imaginary? Why hasn't there been an ax murder yet?

No, that's not the problem.

The problem is I'm waiting for a shoe to drop and I don't know whether it's actually going to happen or not.

I've been so pre-conditioned by the books I read, and by book club, that I have a hard time believing this anything at face value.

Waiting for the shoe to drop is why I had such a hard time putting the book down.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
From which comes my only complaint, it's a bit too long and drags in parts.
Its a fair complaint. There were times I thought there was going to be a break in the story due to one chapter ending and another one beginning. But it kept going and going.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I would like to take a second to praise Candace Thaxton for doing a really good job narrating. I probably would've been more annoyed with certain parts if not for her.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Everyone else okay with Monster of Florence? Any interest in joining?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Forgot to mention I'm reading along this month. 50% done, will probably finish Sunday.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
@LiddyRules You want to do Monster of Florence for May? I figure I should ask since it was your suggestion and you have been wanting to read it.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
@LiddyRules You want to do Monster of Florence for May? I figure I should ask since it was your suggestion and you have been wanting to read it.
Thumbs up.

He’ll be too busy pretending he didn’t see Avengers.
When I see Avengers, I will let you know. I will be completely open and honest about it. As well as my thoughts, which will probably be "it was fine." But I am not going to buy advanced tickets. Fuck you. Fuck @Neon. Fuck @Jacuzzi Billy . Fuck @crippledalbino . Free ball or nothing.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
I would like to take a second to praise Candace Thaxton for doing a really good job narrating. I probably would've been more annoyed with certain parts if not for her.
I would imagine the audiobook is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than reading it. Not that I didn't like it, but I feel like I would have liked it even more if it were read to me.