Podcast or CBS/XM

annoyinglee

The Overlord Of Evil
Dec 18, 2005
Snake Mountain
What does everyone think about the show being podcast through the internet also, are the boys looking into that and what do you guys think about that??

Yes
No

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I voted YES

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
All multi faceted ways the show can be heard at all is good. Granted, radio (terr or sat) would probably be more beneficial for now, but it's very obvious now that things are gradually changing. FM has become pretty much embarrassing and if the merger goes through, kiss the potential of sat. goodbye. Whether it's radio, tv, movies, online shit etc., ............I might just be rambling at this point. Oh well

haider254

May 11, 2007
Finland
I listen to the show via podcast most days, burn them on CD and listen to them in the car on the commute or whilst playing games...

I generally download them from torrent sites because I'm a cheap boo boo, I would get an online XM subscription if I could get one from outside the US...

gummo

Nov 6, 2007
oc
All multi faceted ways the show can be heard at all is good. Granted, radio (terr or sat) would probably be more beneficial for now, but it's very obvious now that things are gradually changing. FM has become pretty much embarrassing and if the merger goes through, kiss the potential of sat. goodbye. Whether it's radio, tv, movies, online shit etc., ............I might just be rambling at this point. Oh well
I definitely don't want to turn this into an opening to bash the show, probably shouldn't even be asking but... are you referring to censorship and general corporate douchebaggery?

btw fuck podcasts. I think they have to be on commercial radio or satrad to stay legit.

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
Jan 8, 2007
NEPA
Audible is the choice for me. Has the whole show without commercials and is usually up by 3:30. I am however a little worried Mel will eliminate the contract if the merger goes through.

Some podcasts have a very large listener base. The problem with podcasts is that it has been shown that the listeners won't pay for the content. I'm basing this off the TWiT.tv network which has over a million listeners for the roughly 12 shows. It was originally going to be add free but they had to switch to an ad based model. The ads mostly cover the bandwidth and the hosts modest salary (he makes most of his money from his nationally syndicated radio show). The other contributers receive very little.

For the most part audio podcasts at this point don't make much money. Certainly not enough to support the O&A staff. If the boys were off CBS/XM the quality of the shows would suffer because they would be forced to cut the staff by at least half.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
QFT.

Giving away the XM show isn't a good idea but if people wanna pay for the convenience of listening whenever they want, it's wonderful.
It should be on audible and itunes. I think the audible rate is what 99 cents a show? Itunes could sell it for that. The truth is way more people in the ONA demographic use itunes than audible, and audible is a POS anyway.

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
Jan 8, 2007
NEPA
Audible can download directly to iTunes and is far less than 99cents even with a month by month subscription.