Police questioning man in NYC woman's fire death

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Woman burned alive in horrific elevator attack

Suspect questioned in horrific attack of Brooklyn woman burned alive in her elevator

Turned himself in at Brooklyn transit precinct, stinking of gasoline

BY BARRY PADDOCK, ROCCO PARASCANDOLA & HENRICK KAROLISZYN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, December 18 2011, 11:29 AM

Police were questioning a suspect Sunday in the horrific elevator attack of a Brooklyn woman burned alive.

The 47-year-old suspect in the gruesome killing of Delores Gillespie, 64, turned himself in to the NYPD’s Transit District 32 on Carroll St. in Crown Heights about 12:30 a.m. He reeked of gasoline, cops said.

“He indicated that he was responsible for setting a fire - he didn’t say anything about a homicide,” said Paul Browne, the NYPD’s top spokesman.

“Since then he has made statements implicating himself in the attack.”

Gillespie’s ex-boyfriend sprayed her with a flammable liquid, set her ablaze with a barbecue lighter and tossed a homemade Molotov cocktail inside the elevator as she died, neighbors and cops said.

Gillespie had been returning home with groceries to her Underhill Ave. apartment building in Prospect Heights when she was attacked about 4:15 p.m Saturday.

The sicko wasn’t done yet. The suspect set another fire in a nearby apartment building ten minutes later, police said, spraying a door with accelerant and leaving two Molotov cocktails behind.

“We believe he knew the occupants,” Browne said of the second fire. “There were no injuries.”

Family members said Gillespie had lived in fear of her ex-boyfriend since he moved out of her home earlier this year.

“She had a bunch of locks on the door,” said relative Dorinda Thomas, 56.

“She was so scared of this guy. She was desperately scared of him.”

“She knew that something was going to happen to her in that building,” Thomas added. “She knew this and everyone around here knew this.”

But neighbors who knew Gillespie’s ex-boyfriend were shocked by the fiendish attack.

“He didn’t seem crazy,” said neighbor Ramon Vargas, 65.

“He spoke to me about the bible. He never spoke about violence or problems he was having. I’m shocked. This is not something I thought he’d do.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...alive-elevator-article-1.993325#ixzz1gvCcLxXJ
She must have been late on her barbecue payments...

GTR?

Handout/NYPD
Surveillance video shows the suspect allegedly spraying Delores Gillespie with an unknown substance in her elevator.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Okay, all of the following need to be banned:
gasoline, bbq lighters, elevators, bottles, rags. Come on people, think of the children.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
he is a resident of 315 Lincoln Place in Brooklyn
i dont know if that is a bad place, but its only one and a half blocks from this place....where the penthouse went for $6 million.
http://www.onprospectpark.com/

I tend to think of that neighborhood as on the dividing line between good and bad brooklyn. (yes that line zigs and zags)

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
So glad I didn't move to that shit area. Fuck Crown Heights.

DJ Evel Ed

MayYourCumCrustedCocksBeConstantlyCoveredInCunt
Nov 30, 2003
Up your ass!
Gillespie, who had grocery bags in her arms, turned about 180 degrees and then crouched to protect herself,
I'd say she got alot hotter than that!