Police Scanner: Who needs a TV for Family Entertainment.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I started listening to the scanner feed for my City after finding out about this stuff during the Boston Bomber Man Hunt. No shit, every week they pull over a white female with a black child wearing lingerie. Is this something all the kids are doing now or just the Coal-Burners?

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Chicago is probably the best one. Was listening some this morning and there was a guy outside a Dunkin Donuts 'exposing himself'. I tried the LA channel a while back but didn't have much goin on.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
I started listening to the scanner feed for my City after finding out about this stuff during the Boston Bomber Man Hunt. No shit, every week they pull over a white female with a black child wearing lingerie. Is this something all the kids are doing now or just the Coal-Burners?

Black children wearing lingerie? Sounds new to me.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Had a call a few months ago for a car accident ...-4-6 year old was in the back seat done out like a baby from toddlers and tiaras at 4 in the am...the driver and passenger both said they were coming from a club......The hospital staff were freaked out and the nurses called Children's services. We later learned that it is apparently now a common thing for single parents to dress up their kids and take them to clubs.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i listen all day at work, mostly fire board and all the local pd,s i used to listen to the state but they use a high band trunk system and my scanner wont pick it up

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
I'm about ready to sell off my BCD996T, too damn hard to keep up with the technologies - local PD went to some new technology where only a tweaked yagi aimed directly at the tower seems to work - sometimes - and then the other municipalities/departments aren't listenable at all. I just use the ipad/android apps anymore.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i never programed mine, my father was the radio geek not me, he bought the one that i use right before he died and programed it while he was on his death bed, i have no idea what the hell is in it, but i do know that i had to lock out a bunch of channels that he was listening to because they had just way too much chatter on them.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
I've listened to a few cities. You have to listen for a while to get a payoff. Now I just use the app to find out what is going on locally when there is a sudden police presence.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I used to listen to radio reference before they were taken over. Now I listen to an ap on my ipod. I listen to the NYPD police radio every New Years Eve. Detroit, Baltimore, and Chicago are the best feeds.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
May 12, 2009
Maine
I've listened to a few cities. You have to listen for a while to get a payoff. Now I just use the app to find out what is going on locally when there is a sudden police presence.
app? what app?

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
I have one called "Scanner Radio" on Android. It was free for me, not sure if it always is or still is.

What is funny is it lists a Top 50 for the app. "Chicago Police and Fire" is always in first place.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i had camden city in my radio i had to lock it out because it never shut off

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
TuneIn Radio also lists a lot of the locally available police/fire channels. Well, whatever they make available through the internet anyway.