Police source: 18 killed, multiple injured in El Paso Walmart shooting

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Oh, Lolz was posting about Nan here. He’s on the ignore list so I didn’t see it to respond. I’ll ignore the “Tubby” comment because, sure...

She’s going all in on the Dem talking points to get some political brownie points. I’ve been seeing it and I’m like “Oh, I guess go for it?” I don’t agree with her on all of her points, but I’m respectful of her beliefs and we do have interesting discussions on the porch.

That’s my question too. Enact more laws for people who don’t follow laws? I’ve always said that the endgame for any gun legislation is to entirely remove them from the market. They all say “Well, we’re not talking about hunters!” And I just go, “Sure.” The only way to stop something is to eliminate it. Even if you’re saying “We don’t want to take guns away!” They wouldn’t be crying if that actually came to pass.

Take guns out of the equation, and then you have other methods (cars, trucks, stabbing weapons, bombs). It’s one of the things I wonder with people who want “common sense gun control”: “So your issue is that these psychopaths kill numerous people, but you’d be OK if they could only kill one or two people?”

It’s not Common Sense at all. It’s a delicate issue that has so many nuances that simply saying it to be “Common Sense Gun Control” leads to people assuming you mean you want the elimination of a tool.

I’m enjoying how there’s now a rebuttal to saying that mental illness is the problem. The response now is “You’re demonizing mental illness!”

TL;DR when it comes to political issues nowadays, nuance can’t even be brought up.

I'll tell you what her response would be, because the broken record plays the same song for all of them

Of course nothing will change the heart of a determined killer. Ban "assault" rifles. Ban magazines. close gun show loopholes. Background checks. Everything is either already a law or has been tried and didn't make a different.

And yes, they seem to be pushing back on the mental illness aspect. It seems that nothing differentiates one Trump supporter from another, we all want to kill minorities and shoot up big box retail stores.

I know she's your friend, but feel free to show her all of this. Deep down she can't honestly believe what she's spouting is any more than her approved talking points.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I'll tell you what her response would be, because the broken record plays the same song for all of them

Of course nothing will change the heart of a determined killer. Ban "assault" rifles. Ban magazines. close gun show loopholes. Background checks. Everything is either already a law or has been tried and didn't make a different.

And yes, they seem to be pushing back on the mental illness aspect. It seems that nothing differentiates one Trump supporter from another, we all want to kill minorities and shoot up big box retail stores.

I know she's your friend, but feel free to show her all of this. Deep down she can't honestly believe what she's spouting is any more than her approved talking points.
I’m pretty sure I won’t be sharing everything here, but I no doubt feel this will be a topic of conversation on Labor Day Weekend.

domelogic

Someone should have asked this dummy what Washington could do to prevent another mass shooting today or Friday. Also, what laws could Washington enact that would prevent mass shootings.

This. That was my first thought reading that. I am all for background checks, can not imagine they don’t do that now. That probably would not prevent most of these mass shootings. Now if our country had balls and took action from rejects posting about doing things like, hit lists, saying they are going to kill people, etc. maybe that would cut down on the shootings. Nope that “infringes” on their rights. We have thrown accountability and responsibility right out the window. Monday morning quarterbacking though is in full throttle without any reasonable solutions. Just complain and blame

domelogic

I’m pretty sure I won’t be sharing everything here, but I no doubt feel this will be a topic of conversation on Labor Day Weekend.

That will be an awkward conversation unless she is cool. Politics these days makes a good person crazy and very few will actually listen. I listen to them all until they go off the rails for me. I actually like that Yang guy. Then he starts talking about universal income which has proven not to work and is just crazy. I get where he is coming from on that but it will never work.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
This. That was my first thought reading that. I am all for background checks, can not imagine they don’t do that now. That probably would not prevent most of these mass shootings. Now if our country had balls and took action from rejects posting about doing things like, hit lists, saying they are going to kill people, etc. maybe that would cut down on the shootings. Nope that “infringes” on their rights. We have thrown accountability and responsibility right out the window. Monday morning quarterbacking though is in full throttle without any reasonable solutions. Just complain and blame
Haven’t we learned that the reason people like these get guns and whatnot it’s because of incompetence from the seller not doing their due diligence or because the system wasn’t updated in a timely manner?

The processes are up. It’s up to people to follow through.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
That will be an awkward conversation unless she is cool. Politics these days makes a good person crazy and very few will actually listen. I listen to them all until they go off the rails for me. I actually like that Yang guy. Then he starts talking about universal income which has proven not to work and is just crazy. I get where he is coming from on that but it will never work.
Nah, we chat about a lot of things. We go back and forth along with my old roommates. It’s all good. Like I said, the past few days have been surreal.

domelogic

Nah, we chat about a lot of things. We go back and forth along with my old roommates. It’s all good. Like I said, the past few days have been surreal.

What ever becomes of the conversation, please post what you can. I am interested to see if her thoughts are different when not in political mode.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Haven’t we learned that the reason people like these get guns and whatnot it’s because of incompetence from the seller not doing their due diligence or because the system wasn’t updated in a timely manner?

The processes are up. It’s up to people to follow through.
It’s NOT the sellers or manufactures fault, if the seller is a licensed FFL dealer, the only access he has to the “personal information” of the purchaser is what is filled out on the 4473, and what comes back from the NIBC, both of those items are federally controlled.
So yes in a way you are correct that it’s an issue of “follow ups” but 99% of the time the purchaser is “clean” legally because “mental health” records are sealed, quite frankly as they should be, unless you’re locked up for it.
The bigger issue is the lack of inpatient nut huts, if you’re acting nutty, get locked up, but nooooooooooo because that’s incarceration with out due process.... yet, these “red flag laws” are EXACTLY that!
I posted this in the gun thread but have to post it here because it’s perfect

Here’s the other part of the deal, who are they going to send to take my guns?

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
It’s NOT the sellers or manufactures fault, if the seller is a licensed FFL dealer, the only access he has to the “personal information” of the purchaser is what is filled out on the 4473, and what comes back from the NIBC, both of those items are federally controlled.
So yes in a way you are correct that it’s an issue of “follow ups” but 99% of the time the purchaser is “clean” legally because “mental health” records are sealed, quite frankly as they should be, unless you’re locked up for it.
The bigger issue is the lack of inpatient nut huts, if you’re acting nutty, get locked up, but nooooooooooo because that’s incarceration with out due process.... yet, these “red flag laws” are EXACTLY that!
I posted this in the gun thread but have to post it here because it’s perfect

Here’s the other part of the deal, who are they going to send to take my guns?
I never mentioned the manufacturers.

I’ve heard of a couple of instances that people were allowed to buy guns because their background check wasn’t updated. If they got that red flag, they wouldn’t have given the purchaser the time of day. There needs to be some sort of coordination/database that helps with this.

But yeah, HIPPA and privacy concerns.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Steven Crowder did an impromptu vid after Trump started stumping against video games.

He made the one point no one wants to hear. The undeniable truth that no one wants to accept.

"How do you stop these things from happening?"
"You can't."

There is nothing else to say.

THE FEZ MAN

I never mentioned the manufacturers.

I’ve heard of a couple of instances that people were allowed to buy guns because their background check wasn’t updated. If they got that red flag, they wouldn’t have given the purchaser the time of day. There needs to be some sort of coordination/database that helps with this.

But yeah, HIPPA and privacy concerns.
:rolleyes: Jesus fucking Christ, another one..... you didn’t mention manufactures, but, all of the gun grabbing hoplophobe nit wits do, as a matter of fact bushmaster is getting sued right now because of sandy hook, it’s a nonstop talking point of the gun grabbers.
Suing manufacturers
“Buy back” programs (Australia’s in particular)
The non existent “gun show loop hole”
“Red flag laws” (and how trump removed one, which was tied to a shitty social security rule)
“High capacity” magazines
The “New York SAFE act”
The list goes on and on

I’m not busting your balls bill, I’m trying to help, inform you, there is already a system in place NIBC (National Instant Background Check) it’s administered by the FBI, the reason people “fall through the cracks” is because of all things are required to be reported, or in some cases (HIPPA) it can’t be reported
Here’s a 4473 required for all firearm transactions done through a FFL

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
:rolleyes: Jesus fucking Christ, another one..... you didn’t mention manufactures, but, all of the gun grabbing hoplophobe nit wits do, as a matter of fact bushmaster is getting sued right now because of sandy hook, it’s a nonstop talking point of the gun grabbers.
Suing manufacturers
“Buy back” programs (Australia’s in particular)
The non existent “gun show loop hole”
“Red flag laws” (and how trump removed one, which was tied to a shitty social security rule)
“High capacity” magazines
The “New York SAFE act”
The list goes on and on

I’m not busting your balls bill, I’m trying to help, inform you, there is already a system in place NIBC (National Instant Background Check) it’s administered by the FBI, the reason people “fall through the cracks” is because of all things are required to be reported, or in some cases (HIPPA) it can’t be reported
Here’s a 4473 required for all firearm transactions done through a FFL
Cool.

KRSOne

Steven Crowder did an impromptu vid after Trump started stumping against video games.

He made the one point no one wants to hear. The undeniable truth that no one wants to accept.

"How do you stop these things from happening?"
"You can't."

There is nothing else to say.
But Australia censored video games!

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
No problem Bill, like I said, just trying to help ya out, also if you need it I can point you in the right direction for non “nut job” statistics and talking points,
Talking points? Nah. I’d rather think for myself, thanks.

KRSOne

I think movies and video games do play a role in nuts using these type of 'scary' guns. In close quarters like that a rifle is not giving you any kind of advantage over a handgun with a large mag. A handgun would probably be faster and easier to maneuver. I think they use these guns because they know the media will flip out over it and because those guns are made popular in video game and movies.

Before Vegas the mass shooting with the most dead was done with a 22 handgun.

I find it odd that they were not able to find a motive for the Vegas loon after years but were able to blame Trump minutes after El Paso.

BIV

I think movies and video games do play a role in nuts using these type of 'scary' guns. In close quarters like that a rifle is not giving you any kind of advantage over a handgun with a large mag. A handgun would probably be faster and easier to maneuver. I think they use these guns because they know the media will flip out over it and because those guns are made popular in video game and movies.

Before Vegas the mass shooting with the most dead was done with a 22 handgun.

I find it odd that they were not able to find a motive for the Vegas loon after years but were able to blame Trump minutes after El Paso.
Vegas loon didn't post a manifesto on the internet.

KRSOne

Vegas loon didn't post a manifesto on the internet.
Do we know that other guy did? As far as I know it still hasn't been confirmed that he posted anything.

BIV

Do we know that other guy did? As far as I know it still hasn't been confirmed that he posted anything.
Let's not delve into conspiracy nonsense. We're not leftists.

If it was all racism, right wing propaganda and "Trump rocks" I might be suspicious. But half of it was wacky liberal nonsense.

THE FEZ MAN

Talking points? Nah. I’d rather think for myself, thanks.
We’re not discussing the advantages of using shortening over peanut oil for deep frying (shortening all day thank you) were talking about firearms and firearms laws

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Banning a tool used for a violent act does nothing to address the desire for the act itself. The best things we can do is a) report simply the facts of these events, leaving the shooter's name and picture off the news as much as possible and b) taking the stance that no criminal will dictate the rights of law abiding citizens.

These psychopaths pick mass shootings because they know it'll give them a national stage, and they might single- handedly change the country. That's what they desire more than anything. Take that away, and a lot of the motivation is removed.