Poll: 20% of Republicans likely to re-elect Obama

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Poll: 20% of Republicans likely to re-elect Obama

By David Edwards
Friday, February 10, 2012 10:23 EST

A shocking poll recently released by a conservative publication found that a large number of Republicans and conservatives are likely to vote for President Barack Obama.

The survey, conducted by Wenzel Strategies for World Net Daily, showed that one in five Republicans are leaning towards or would “definitely” re-elect the current president.

In contests against former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Obama got more than 20 percent of support from Republicans. In a matchup with Texas Congressman Ron Paul, 19 percent of Republicans chose the president.

“Obama has largely avoided the political limelight while the GOP candidates savage each other with increasing intensity. Second, a smattering of evidence indicates that the economy is getting a little better, which helps the White House in the eyes of the voters,” pollster Fritz Wenzel told World Net Daily. “[T]he bloody fight for the Republican presidential nomination – by most estimations the nastiest GOP fight in memory – has really hurt the images of the challengers in the eyes of both Republicans and, especially, independent voters. For Republicans, each candidate carries with them now some taint that cannot be ignored.”

“What must be particularly alarming to every Republican campaign regarding this nasty fight is that, even among those who say they think the nation is heading in the wrong direction, Obama still wins at least 20 percent support in head-to-head match-ups against the four remaining Republicans, and among those who said they were unsure about the overall direction of the nation, Obama wins by overwhelming percentages,” he added.

Obama also did well with self-identified conservative voters. Against each of the remaining Republican frontrunners, 20 percent or more were likely to re-elect the president. Even among very conservative voters, nearly 20 percent or more were at least leaning towards the current White House resident.

While Wenzel Strategies is a largely unknown polling firm, they successfully helped then-candidate Rand Paul to win a seat in the Senate in 2010.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/10/poll-20-of-republicans-likely-to-re-elect-obama/
:icon_eek:

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
No surprise there. While I didn't vote for him and still won't, the pubs
have once again failed to get a strong candidate to go against him.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
Herp derp, he took out Osama, so we's go'n vote fer him again.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Like it matters. No matter what side wins, unless you have a billion bucks nobody gives a shit about you in DC.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
ITT: Poll done by Ron Paul pollster shows that Republicans would rather vote for Obama than anyone except Ron Paul.

I wouldn't get excited yet, OAPC. This poll is shit.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
ITT: Poll done by Ron Paul pollster shows that Republicans would rather vote for Obama than anyone except Ron Paul.

Um . . .
While Wenzel Strategies is a largely unknown polling firm, they successfully helped then-candidate Rand Paul to win a seat in the Senate in 2010.
You fucked up Don.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Um . . .

You fucked up Don.
Yeah, wish I had a buck for every time I saw that one. :haha7:

I've seen other polls showing strong Tea Party support for voting for Obama. As high as 30%. Don't discount that faction of conservatives that would rather see gridlock than having Mitt or Newt in there with a blank check on spending. Still think 20% might be a bit high, wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be at least 10-15% though going by some of the comments around here.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
yep

This poll is absolutley 100 percent horseshit.
Republicans and a large number of independants will vote for whoever is the nominee even if they're not crazy about him. Obama is that alienating and infuriating.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Whatever. I did the voting thing, mostly out of curiosity. I see no practical reason to do that again.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Typical. Just admit I know what the fuck I'm talking about.
I wasn't even the one saying it, I just thought it was funny seeing it again. I was even going to point out that even if the pollster worked for Rand it's still pretty safe to assume they'd be huge Ron Paul fans.

And just because they're affiliated with a particular group doesn't necessarily make a poll like this inherently invalid. The left-leaning Public Policy Polling frequently scores better than other conservative-leaning polling groups, even when polling Republicans.

You honestly don't think there's not any conservatives out there that would vote for Obama because of the gridlock factor?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
And just because they're affiliated with a particular group doesn't necessarily make a poll like this inherently invalid. The left-leaning Public Policy Polling frequently scores better than other conservative-leaning polling groups, even when polling Republicans.
This is Ron Paul we're talking about. His entire campaign is based around manipulating polls. Just look at any internet based poll he's a choice in.

You honestly don't think there's not any conservatives out there that would vote for Obama because of the gridlock factor?
Republicans, yes. Conservatives, NO. No conservative would EVER vote for Obama.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I remember Republicans saying that shit before the last election. Most people are just talk. They'll either vote repub or not at all. No one will vote for Obama to protest the fact that Romney isn't conservative enough. That's just stupid. It's one thing to say: "I'd rather vote for Obama than Romney," but actually doing it is a whole other story.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
This is Ron Paul we're talking about. His entire campaign is based around manipulating polls. Just look at any internet based poll he's a choice in.
EVERY internet poll is a crock of shit.

Republicans, yes. Conservatives, NO. No conservative would EVER vote for Obama.
Republicans yes? So now you're saying the poll is valid? "whaa"

Found another one here though. 11% of people that identified themselves as Tea Partiers would vote for Obama over Romney. Taken just this week. By Fox News so you know it's Fair and Balanced®. :icon_cool

That's the problem with people like you. You see EVERYTHING in simple terms of black and white when the world is anything but.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Around 9% of registered Republicans voted Obama in 2008...and this was during a period where the tone of the country was pretty anti-Republican...now you actually expect more than double the amount will vote for Obama in 2012?

Wow.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That's the problem with people like you. You see EVERYTHING in simple terms of black and white when the world is anything but.
Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong.

And the problem with you is that you think all Republicans are conservative, or that conservatives that claim they'd vote for Obama over Romney would actually do something so monumentally stupid. That portion of the electorate will just stay at home on election day, or do the right thing and swallow their pride and vote the organizer in chief out, even if that means electing a guy that's not their favorite.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Around 9% of registered Republicans voted Obama in 2008...and this was during a period where the tone of the country was pretty anti-Republican...now you actually expect more than double the amount will vote for Obama in 2012?

Wow.
Don't discount that faction of conservatives that would rather see gridlock than having Mitt or Newt in there with a blank check on spending. Still think 20% might be a bit high, wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be at least 10-15% though going by some of the comments around here.
Not surprising really. A lot of them don't seem too bright. :icon_cool

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong.
I'm not wrong, I never said anything, just laughed at you being pointed out for being wrong again around here by someone that's not a flaming liberal. I did agree and say you were right though.

And the problem with you is that you think all Republicans are conservative, or that conservatives that claim they'd vote for Obama over Romney would actually do something so monumentally stupid. That portion of the electorate will just stay at home on election day, or do the right thing and swallow their pride and vote the organizer in chief out, even if that means electing a guy that's not their favorite.
So you're just going to shit on every poll that doesn't fit in line with your narrow minded view of the world? Sounds par for the course.

There's guys around here that openly talk about voting for Johnson (and I believe them) because of the "send a message" vote, or because of conscious, even though it would mean four more years of Obama, not everyone thinks like you.

This just in: DTR Polling, Inc. says 100% of conservatards think that Apple makes more money off music than computers. :haha7:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Not surprising really. A lot of them don't seem too bright. :icon_cool
There is a big difference between conservatives and Republicans though. There are Independents that consider themselves conservative and we know Obama scored big with them in 2008...and doesn't fit the "20% of Republicans might vote Obama" topic of this thread. If you're talking conservatives...then it's entirely possible 10%-20% of conservatives voted Obama in 2008. It will still be much lower in 2012...really low if a third party candidate runs.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Maybe its a bunch of preppers that want to see the world as we know it end.