Poppy box stolen from Toronto Tim Hortons eh

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

A poppy box was stolen from a Tim Hortons at 1801 Eglinton Ave. West near Dufferin Street on Tuesday.

Police say the crime took place in the middle of the day.

Wayne Powell, a Royal Canadian Legion Poppy Chairman, vented his frustration with what seems to be a yearly occurrence leading up to Remembrance Day.

"When some lowlife scum just steals poppy boxes, they are stealing from veterans who made this country what it is today and it just makes my blood curdle," he fumed.

Police later found the torn box with poppies scattered on the ground behind a beer store near Oakwood and Vaughan.

"Unfortunately only 15 cents was left behind," said Const. Eitan Hadad. "It's kind of heart-breaking that somebody would do this."

"An unknown person had come in, grabbed the poppy box off the counter and fled the scene."

So far there's no suspect description, but police are hoping someone in the Tim Hortons might have seen the crime unfold, and they are urging witnesses to come forward.

Twenty seven branches of the Royal Canadian Legion raised over $1 million from the poppy campaign in 2011.

"It seems like a lot of money but the needs of the veterans eats that up very, very quickly," Powell stressed.

Last year poppy boxes were stolen from two different Tim Hortons in Hamilton, and another was swiped from a pizza shop in Etobicoke.
Link

Some peoples kids... yeesh...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Poppycock.

Hope they catch the thieving cunts and chop off their hands.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
"Unfortunately only 15 cents was left behind," said Const. Eitan Hadad. "It's kind of heart-breaking that somebody would do this."
Do what? Leave the 15 cents behind?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Poppy boxes, huh? Is "Canada", like, an actual country? Do they have real people problems like us?

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Poppy boxes, huh? Is "Canada", like, an actual country? Do they have real people problems like us?
Pretty much the same as Homosexuals being actual people.

Bagged milk and loonies will drive most people insane. In Canada it drives them inane.
Never seen bagged milk up here. Seen the Dollar Coins from time to time however.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
If you're trying to speak the headline in Canadian-ese, wouldn't you refer to it as "Timmy's"? I've never heard a Canadian in casual conversation call it Tim Horton's.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
"When some lowlife scum just steals poppy boxes, they are stealing from veterans who made this country what it is today and it just makes my blood curdle," he fumed.
Thank God for the Canadian veterans. Their repelling of invaders during the Great Maple Crusades and subsequent smashing of the Eskimo Pelt Rebellion are just two fine examples of the victories that have made Canada the powerhouse of banality it is today.

I sleep much better at night knowing our northen flank is well secured by these fearsome warriors.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
If you're trying to speak the headline in Canadian-ese, wouldn't you refer to it as "Timmy's"? I've never heard a Canadian in casual conversation call it Tim Horton's.
Most call it 'Tim's'". Fucking hate that place. Coffee is like dishwater in general, nevermind when it's made by some Philippino that speaks zero english. Their coffee is particularly bad. Donuts are half baked, literally. That's how they show up at the stores. Then they're full baked there. Awful.