Popular toy, when ingested, metabolizes into GHB


Alkey fan since day 1
A toy that won the Australian Toy of the Year award this year has been recalled because it contains small beads that are filled a glue the body metabolizes into GHB. As in gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid, a party drug popular among ravers.

In America, the toy was sold as "Aqua Dotz" but there's no information yet as to whether they shared the same chemical composition.

Chinese-made Bindeez, which won the 2007 Australian Toy of the Year award at the Melbourne Toy and Hobby fair, contains hundreds of beads which can induce seizures, drowsiness or a coma if eaten.

The beads should contain a non-toxic glue but instead contain the chemical which the body metabolises into gamma-hydroxy butyrate (GHB), also known as fantasy or Grievous Bodily Harm.

All Bindeez products would be removed from sale, Minister for Fair Trading Linda Burney said today, and households with the toy were urged to get rid of it.

"This Bindeez product is Australian Toy of the Year, it is extraordinarily popular," Ms Burney said.

Ms Burney said an investigation into the toy, which is manufactured in Hong Kong, also would look at whether the substitution was deliberate. Bindeez toy recalled over


Supreme Champion!!!!!


Alkey fan since day 1
I got the starter kit at wally world for 16 bucks.
I'll let you know how it goes.


Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
I got a whole bunch of 'em. Guess I'll be throwing them away. I don't need my 5 year old tripping.


Registered User
Finally a gift for the pedophile who has everything. Date **** toys.
Follow up....


Schoolies seeking Bindeez as black market opens up

SCHOOLIES seeking drug-contaminated Bindeez on the black market have been warned by health authorities the banned toy was "dangerous".

Queensland Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young has appealed to young people to resist the temptation of swallowing Bindeez beads, found to contain the date-**** drug GHB or Fantasy.

Dr Young admitted she was "very, very concerned young people would go out and experiment" with the beads, now banned throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and North America.

"They've got to treat them as a dangerous drug, because that's what they are," she said.

Eight children have been admitted to hospital after ingesting the beads following confirmation of two more cases in Canada yesterday.

A toddler from Toowoomba, three children from New South Wales and two more in New Zealand have also received hospital treatment.

The New South Wales' Opposition Fair Trading spokeswoman Catherine Cusack said yesterday measures were needed to remove from the community boxes of Bindeez that had already been sold.

Black market potential

"I've heard stories of people actually offering to buy these beads and so there's a real potential now for a black market, in a very dangerous form of drug taking," she said.

But Drug Arm's director of addiction research and education Caroline Salom said "there were easier ways to get GHB than by swallowing dozens of plastic beads".

She said the chance of Bindeez being circulated at Schoolies' Week celebrations on the Gold Coast next week were remote as most celebrating students were "hell bent on drinking lots of alcohol".

Meanwhile, the principal of a Cairns Catholic school where four Year 7 children were referred to a doctor on Wednesday after being seen with Bindeez said the incident was "completely innocent".

Education Queensland said there had been no other incidents of children taking Bindeez to school, since the beads were banned this week.

Premier Anna Bligh said the case highlighted how more stringent testing of toys was needed to protect children.

Attorney-General Kerry Shine said those using the toy for recreational drug purposes could still face prosecutions under the Drugs Misuse Act.


LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Did anyone buy any "Aqua Dotz"???
BCH said:
I got a whole bunch of 'em. Guess I'll be throwing them away. I don't need my 5 year old tripping.

Don't throw them out. If you're really not going to use them, send them my way ;)

My nephew got it for his 4th birthday two weeks ago from his father's brother. My sister is still going to let him play with it. Both the he and his 6 1/2 year old brother know not to not put things in their mouths. Plus, the toy really does require adult supervision, so they wouldn't be using it unless she was with them.
I was watching the news last night. In the past 48 hours alone, there have been 11 recalls of toys. That's just fucking disturbing.