[Question] Port forwarding

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I am new to port forwarding, I have two questions.

1. Will it fuck up my router.

2. and 2 how easy is it to set up?

I want to do this for downloading and for youtube videos, I am sick of waiting ungodly hours for both.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
It's easy, I did it for my 360. Portforward.com had step by step instruction based on my router model. They'll try to sell you their service but you can ignore that.

Changing DNS servers is another option.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
It's easy, I did it for my 360. Portforward.com had step by step instruction based on my router model. They'll try to sell you their service but you can ignore that.

Changing DNS servers is another option.
I don't think my stepdad would care for me fucking around with the DNS server.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I'm pretty sure YouTube, whether it's the video or the page itself, just uses port 80 like all other websites.

If you start forwarding that port only to an individual host then you're going to mess up access to all the others in the network.

In addition, ports shouldn't be preventing your videos from loading in a timely fashion.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
I am new to port forwarding, I have two questions.

1. Will it fuck up my router.

2. and 2 how easy is it to set up?

I want to do this for downloading and for youtube videos, I am sick of waiting ungodly hours for both.
The ports used for "downloading and YouTube" are already open. If they weren't, you wouldn't be able to post here or check the weekly NAMBLA calendar.

Get a better ISP.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Setting up port forwarding for torrents is pretty easy. Just follow the guides on the link Aaron posted. Most torrent apps let you pick your own port, just make sure to pick a port not used by anything else in your network.

It's not likely an issue with your network though.