Portal

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I beat this in 2 hours. It was really fun but way too short.

that music at the end was just fucking crazy.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Agreed..Short, but sweet... they could of done more though. I know there are more puzzles but.. eh..

Davel23

Feb 26, 2005
Yeah, very cool. The computer voice might be the best part though.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I won! CAAAAAAKE!!! Cake? CAKE! I like cake.

Apr 12, 2003
cleveland
I'm stuck, plz help. On last level (19)

(mini spoilers)

in tall vertical room with Fan at very top, and a bunch of those big pipes moving back and forth around overhead. At the top area there is a grate surrounding 3 walls and a regular wall on the 4th side.

Can post a screenshot if no one can figure out where I'm talking about.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I'm stuck on 18 of 19 (can't find a way to get at the box at the other end of the room). Only took an hour to get there. Way too short.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Im stuck at 19.
Ive gotten past the furnace, and the voice told me to lay down...I see theres even an achievement for doing so....so what the fuck do I do now?

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Well, I got past where I was stuck, and now Im stuck somewhere else. I know Im probably close to the end, though.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I'm stuck, plz help. On last level (19)

(mini spoilers)

in tall vertical room with Fan at very top, and a bunch of those big pipes moving back and forth around overhead. At the top area there is a grate surrounding 3 walls and a regular wall on the 4th side.

Can post a screenshot if no one can figure out where I'm talking about.
I think the entire last half is the 19th level. If I'm thinking of the same spot you need to put a portal to get on the moving pipes which will give you an angle to stick a portal through the fence. If that's not the right spot post a screenie if you haven't figured it out.

I'm stuck on 18 of 19 (can't find a way to get at the box at the other end of the room). Only took an hour to get there. Way too short.
The wall slants when you hit the button. Put a portal on that and one on the platform at the bottom and jump into it.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
i have a feeling there will be many mod packs with new puzzles, or official releases, in the future.
That would be great. The game is as long as a tutorial, because that's really what it is. The ending makes the experience into a "game". But just when I learned all the skilled, like the "double fling", the game is over.

Need more levels. because I enjoyed the shit out of it.

First time played thought 2:40, the second time 1:38. Too short.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I think the entire last half is the 19th level. If I'm thinking of the same spot you need to put a portal to get on the moving pipes which will give you an angle to stick a portal through the fence. If that's not the right spot post a screenie if you haven't figured it out.

The wall slants when you hit the button. Put a portal on that and one on the platform at the bottom and jump into it.
Ah yes, thank you. I had a epiphany and the "fling" solution came to me. I love it, when I have that, "but of course" moment. Sign of a great puzzle game.
Thanks.

And the pipe room problem:
The pipe room is basically portaling from pipe top to pipe top, then to not get crushed at the top, but angle a shot over the fence on to the ledge. One of the tougher spots in the game.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
The ending song was fucking fantastic. I was also impressed with the AI's one-liners throughout the game.

"Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
Oct 4, 2006
Worksop, England, United Kingdom
i love the end fight, especially when it says "stop now and we can have a party, i'll even invite your best friend - the companion cube. But we can't, because you killed him!"

A

AkumaHokoru

There will indeed be either DLC with new stages or they will port some of the PC usermade puzzles into the xbox 360 version

---

A

AkumaHokoru

Oh and dont forget the extra stages (tests 11-19 have alternate versions)

---

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Bah, I've beaten the first 5 advanced levels but I'm stuck on what's probably a stupid part on the 6th. It's at the beginning, after you double fling across the water there's a hole in the wall to the left and a portal-able wall to the right, everything else is stone, how do you get up there?

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I'm on level 18 which I'm saving for later.

Great game but I found it too easy to figure out. I thought it would be a little more mentally taxing. The biggest difficulty is trying to line up portals accurately when one is required on the ceiling. My depth perception sucks so it takes me several attempts to get it right.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I'm at 16, the voices on the turrents scared me