*Positive* New York Islanders Offseason Thread

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Here is where we can discuss The New York Islanders in a *positive* light. Rather than the moaning and pathetic racist rants from so-called "fans" (who seem to delight in the teams failures)

BREAKING NEWS: Mike Comrie Joins the Islanders! New York Islanders Jul 5, 2007, 7:49 PM EDT 26-year old playmaking center signs one-year deal

Mike Comrie, photo Getty Images
On the heels of adding four-time NHL Star-Bill Guerin, the Islanders have signed center MIKE COMRIE to a one-year contract. The 26-year old Comrie had 20 goals and 25 assists for 45 points in 65 games last season with Phoenix and Ottawa. In the Senators' run to the Stanley Cup Final in June, the Edmonton native had four goals and two assists in 20 games.

"We really wanted Mike Comrie because Ted Nolan, the scouts and I were unanimous in wanting to bring his offensive production, creativity and competitiveness to our team," said Islanders general manager Garth Snow. "At 26, Mike has already produced a lot of points and still has the potential to develop into one of the best centers in the game. I know Mike had a lot of options, but he understands the kind of team we're putting together on the Island and we're so glad he chose to be an Islander."

In 386 career NHL games with Edmonton, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Ottawa, Comrie is 123-139-262.

Click HERE for MIKE COMRIE's Photo Gallery.

Career Regular Season Stats
Season Team GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct
1995-1996 Edm. SSAC AMHL 33 51 52 103
1996-1997 St. Albert AJHL 63 37 41 78 44
1997-1998 St. Albert AJHL 58 60 78 138 134
1998-1999 U. of Michigan CCHA 42 19 25 44 38
1999-2000 U. of Michigan CCHA 40 24 35 59 95
2000-2001 Oilers 41 8 14 22 6 14 3 0 1 62 12.9
2000-2001 Kootenay WHL 37 39 40 79 23 79 18 4 6
2001-2002 Oilers 82 33 27 60 16 45 8 0 5 170 19.4
2001-2002 Canada WC-A 7 1 2 3 10
2002-2003 Oilers 69 20 31 51 -18 90 8 0 6 170 11.8
2002-2003 Canada WC-A 9 3 2 5 6
2003-2004 Flyers 21 4 5 9 2 12 0 0 1 36 11.1
2003-2004 Coyotes 28 8 7 15 -8 16 1 1 1 65 12.3
2004-2005 Farjestad Sweden 10 1 6 7 10
2005-2006 Coyotes 80 30 30 60 2 55 10 0 4 190 15.8
2005-2006 Canada WC-A 9 3 1 4 10
2006-2007 Coyotes 24 7 13 20 1 20 4 0 1 38 18.4
2006-2007 Senators 41 13 12 25 -1 24 3 0 2 87 14.9

NHL Totals: 386 123 139 262 0 276 37 1 21 818 15.0

Career Playoff Stats
Season Team GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct
1997-1998 St. Albert AJHL 19 24 24 48 51
2000-2001 Oilers 6 1 2 3 0 0 1 0 1 7 14.3
2002-2003 Oilers 6 1 0 1 -1 10 0 0 0 9 11.1
2006-2007 Senators 20 2 4 6 -1 17 0 0 0 25 8.0

NHL Totals: 32 4 6 10 -2 27 1 0 1 41 9.8

Stay tuned to newyorkislanders.com and ISLANDERS TV for more on the signing of Mike Comrie and potential additional news out of Islanders Country this weekend and beyond.

Islanders bolster offense with Guerin, Comrie
Phil Coffey | NHL.com Editorial Director Jul 5, 2007, 7:18 PM EDT

Bill Guerin will join the New York Islanders in 2007-08, after playing with the Blues and Sharks in 2006-07.

The New York Islanders added a solid offensive punch to their lineup Thursday evening, signing Bill Guerin to a two-year contract.
Last season, Guerin scored 36 goals split between the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks. Guerin had signed with the Blues last summer and was traded to the Sharks at the trade deadline for a first-round pick in 2007, Ville Nieminen and Jay Barriball.

In 61 games with the Blues, Guerin scored 28 goals and 19 assists, and was sought out by the Sharks for additional firepower in the playoffs. In 16 regular-season games, he scored eight goals and one assist and added two assists in nine playoff games. For his career, Guerin, 36, has scored 364 goals and 355 assists in 1,026 games. Guerin has played for the Devils, Oilers, Bruins and Stars in addition to the Blues and Sharks.

"My family and I are so happy to be coming to Long Island," Guerin told newyorkislanders.com. "Garth Snow first contacted me on Sunday and was so positive, so persistent right from the outset explaining to me why I would be ideal for his team. Ownership's commitment to winning at almost every cost and Garth making it clear to how determined he is to build a winner is why I'm an Islander today."

Phil Coffey is NHL.com's editorial director. He has covered the NHL since 1981.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Links:

2007 free agent list
2007 free agent signings
More NHL.com features

Guerin was originally drafted by the Devils fifth overall in the 1989 Entry Draft. Guerin won a Stanley Cup with the Devils in 1995 and has played in three all-star games. He also played for the United States in two Winter Olympics (1998 and 2002), two World Cups (1996 and 2004), and two World Junior Championships (1989 and 1990).

"Bill Guerin, by everyone's account, is the consummate professional, the ultimate teammate," Islanders GM Garth Snow. "And beyond that, he's an outstanding hockey player coming off a 36-goal season. The Islanders are extremely proud that Bill has made the decision to come to Long Island."

The Islanders also signed center Mike Comrie Thursday evening. Comrie received a one-year deal.
Comrie, 26, scored 20 goals and 25 assists in 65 games last season with Phoenix and Ottawa. In the Senators' run to the Stanley Cup Final, Comrie netted four goals and two assists in 20 games.

"We really wanted Mike Comrie because Ted Nolan, the scouts and I were unanimous in wanting to bring his offensive production, creativity and competitiveness to our team," Islanders GM Garth Snow told the team website. “Mike has already produced a lot of points and still has the potential to develop into one of the best centers in the game. I know Mike had a lot of options, but he understands the kind of team we're putting together on the Island and we're so glad he chose to be an Islander."

For his career, Comrie has 123 goals and 139 assists in 386 games with the Oilers, Flyers, Coyotes and Senators.

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
yup there so much better than the players they lost.:clap::clap:

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Old news now, "happy guy".

Can you say one thing positive about this team? Seriously. Why don't you just turn in your "fan" credentials and follow another team. You know you really want to.

Here's the latest positive news about a team I choose to support:

Islanders sign free agents Bill Guerin and Mike Comrie
BY GREG LOGAN
greg.logan@newsday.com

If July 1 was "Blake Sunday," when 40-goal scorer Jason Blake and Ryan Smyth led an exodus of key players from the Islanders' roster as the NHL free-agent market opened, then Thursday was a time of redemption for general manager Garth Snow. He began to rebuild the offense by signing forwards Bill Guerin and Mike Comrie, who figure to team up on a revamped top line.

In case anyone was wondering what took him so long, Snow had a ready explanation. "It's a good day to be an Islander," he said after the deals were done. "I just got the date mixed up. I thought today was July 1."

Snow's sense of humor improved after his recovery plan took effect. Guerin and Comrie were contacted on Sunday, and they spent considerable time since then talking to each other about joining the Isles virtually as a package deal to ensure there would be enough goal scorers to contend for a playoff berth.

Guerin was the first to reach agreement Thursday night on a two-year deal worth $9 million that includes a $2- million signing bonus. "Somebody's got to be the first [to sign]," Guerin said. "I had heard enough positive things from Garth and from Ted Nolan that things are going in the right direction. To be honest, from Day 1, they were the ones that were the most aggressive, the most interested and the most persistent. For me, that goes a long way."

Islanders Hall of Famer Mike Bossy, who now works in sales, also was pitching Guerin and Comrie about helping the franchise become a consistent winner again. Given the chance to establish himself as a top-line center for the first time in his career, Comrie signed a one-year deal worth $3.375 million later Thursday night.

"I wasn't too concerned about the length of the contract," Comrie said. "A one-year deal gives both sides the opportunity to see if I can contribute the way I want to contribute. It was great dealing with Garth. It was a very easy signing."

Maybe it seemed that way Thursday, but earlier this week, Snow worried about the negative perception associated with aging Nassau Coliseum and the difficulty of convincing top free agents they can win on Long Island. Comrie is a close friend of Smyth's and originally thought they might be here together until Smyth signed with Colorado.

"Ryan and I spoke as he was deciding his last few teams and he actually brought up both of us going to the Island, but everyone makes their own decisions," Comrie said. "He spoke very highly of the organization, and I spoke with [current Isles] Mike Sillinger and Chris Simon. Everyone had a lot of positive things to say."

Comrie was a prospect with Edmonton when Guerin played for the Oilers from 1997-2001, and they renewed that friendship in recent conversations. "It's funny, when you talk about a situation with other players," Comrie said. "We both were kind of leaning toward signing with New York, and listening to him talk about it, we became more excited as we thought about the opportunity."

Guerin matched his age last season, totaling 36 goals with St. Louis and San Jose. It was the 10th time in his career that the four-time All-Star topped the 20-goal mark and the fifth time in the past eight seasons that he surpassed 30. Playing for Phoenix and Ottawa, Comrie, 26, totaled 20 goals and 25 assists, but he twice has reached 30 goals and 60 points.

Thinking of the moves he's still trying to make on the defensive end, Snow said, "It's shaping up, but we're not done yet."

Notes & quotes: The Islanders traded minor league D Allan Rourke plus a third-round pick in 2008 to Edmonton for the Oilers' second-round pick in 2008.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
And where were you in the other thread when everyone was fleeing the island?

I guess congrats on going from not having enough guys to take the ice, to having maybe 1 good line.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Don't forget about Fedotenko. And you're not worried about Comrie negatively impacting the team dynamic, eh?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Comrie is a cunt, he's cancer. Guerin can still score, but that's it

I equate the Isles to the Oilers, no free agents want to sign there, and it sucks for both our teams.

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
I refuse to post in "other threads" started by crybabies that only *give a forum* to Isles bashers.

Here's the reality (and what *real* Islander fans are saying)

It's funny, how fickle we Islanders fans are. Just four days ago, we were crying our eyes out and lining up to return our season ticket packages. But suddenly, in the span of under three hours, life is good again on Long Island.

GM Garth redeemed himself today by signing veteran winger Bill Guerin and hard-nosed center Mike Comrie. They were signed to a 2-year, $9M contract and a 1-year, $3.4M contract, respectively.

Between the most recent additions and the previous addition of Ruslan Fedotenko, the Islanders have regained a solid first line, and can finally fill a full four lines of forwards. There is yet some work to do, but major problem number one has been addressed, and the team is rebounding well indeed.

With players like Guerin and Sillinger, the Islanders certainly have enough experience and veterancy to lead the team.
With players like Comrie and Hunter, the Isles also have enough youth and talent to turn a lot of heads yet again.

So, before you decide to proclaim "Garth must go", and before you turn in your season tickets, think again.
Patience has paid off.

The Islanders haven't gone anywhere. They're just going to be a little different. Again.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.

I guess congrats on going from not having enough guys to take the ice, to having maybe 1 good line.
I think Brett Hull is still available, I know how you Stranger fans like the old guys.

louthree

Aug 4, 2003
Jersey
GM Garth redeemed himself today by signing veteran winger Bill Guerin and hard-nosed center Mike Comrie. They were signed to a 2-year, $9M contract and a 1-year, $3.4M contract, respectively.

Wow. Just wow.

badcellphoneguy

Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI

I cant believe i am going to agree with the Ranger fan but...

X2

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Thanks for popping in, Shuck. Lets take the threads about our team back, (rather than serving up yet-another place for miscreant rags and devil fans to bash us).

Here's some more of what real Islander fans are saying:

Snow makes big moves...adds Guerin, Comrie, FedotenkoToday @ 12:51 AM ET | Comments (126)
Now maybe we have a better idea of the NY Islanders game plan.

Don't overpay (as has been the recent trend) for the 1st cut, high-demand UFA's. Wait for the inital buzz to subside and pick up some solid players that fit the system, yes Nolan's system, and that make sense economically and strategically for the team. (Well, except for Fedotenko, anyway...)

Guerin is obviously a player who can step right in and take a leadership role, very possibly as Captain of this team. Too bad he isn't 30 or 31. But Guerin's still a very effective player even at the ripe old age of 36, and could be a key leader and mentor on this team for the next 3 or 4 years, should we manage to keep him beyond the 2 that he signed for. This is a big signing for this team. This deal alone goes a long way to stop some of the bleeding caused by recent player losses. I think it's $4.5M/year very well spent. We were ready to shell out over $1.5m/year more for Smyth, and regardless of how you feel about that offer, Guerin has to seem like a bargain compared to that. And Guerin's comments say a lot about the image that this organization and Ted Nolan still have around the league, contrary to the sentiments of some of the more cynical fans: "Ownership's commitment to winning at almost every cost and Garth making it clear to how determined he is to build a winner is why I'm an Islander today."

Mike Comrie is an exciting young player that I loved watching as the Sens made their run this season. He fills a seriously depleted Center slot on the team. Hopefully he can continue to flourish here and extend the 1-year deal he signed with the Isles.

Ruslan Fedotenko is a good addition, although I don't think he's worth the $2.9M price tag Snow paid for him. I hope I'm proven wrong, but with only 1 NHL season over the 20-goal mark, and just 1 year with over 40 points, I just don't see justification in his salary. He admittedly had an off year last season, so we should give him a chance at redemption under a different system here on the Island.

All in all I think these moves, will give the remaining Islanders (including unsigned RFA's) a much needed boost of confidence in the NYI organization's committment to putting the best team possible on the ice. I just hope that at least 2 or maybe 3 positions are left for up-and-comers such as Tambellini/Nielsen/Bergenheim to work their way into the system.

In other news, the Islanders have traded D Allan Rourke and a 2008 3rd rounder to Edmonton for their 2nd round pick in '08, giving the Isles 2 picks in the 2nd round in 2008. Great news, as the '08 draft is shaping up to be more talent-rich than this year's.

jsr1034
New York Islanders

Posted: Today @ 12:57 AM ET

Excellent day for the Isles. The signings of Guerin and Comrie are huge and getting another 2nd round pick in 08 for rourke is a great move.

w_hp
Toronto Maple Leafs

Posted: Today @ 1:03 AM ET

all 3 players they signed are overpaid...why do you think they signed with NYI?

Comrie isn't a first line centre so they are still in trouble

Gross1
Montreal Canadiens

Posted: Today @ 1:04 AM ET

I had lost respect for the Isles organization over the past 10-15 years. They were poorly managed, poorly coached, signed players to unimaginable contracts, etc.

I must say though that the last 1.5 years have brought some respect back to a once proud franchise. Beginning with the hiring of Nolan, through to some normal UFA signings today that are designed to make the team better rather than cause a distraction bc of their ridiculousness.

I don't know if these signings are enough to make the playoffs this year though, but they are a step in the right direction.

Paul Provenzano
New York Islanders

Agreed, tx for the post!

Ron Guillet
Toronto Maple Leafs

Posted: Today @ 1:07 AM ET

I really like the signings today. The signings add grit, goal scoring and speed to the line-up and replace the departures rather well IMO. I espiecially like the Guerin signing, it's an expensive acquisition but what he brings to the table is perfect for the Isles, he's a power forward with speed and natural goal scoring ability all while adding veteran leadership.

The Dynasty
New York Islanders

Posted: Today @ 1:11 AM ET

- w_hp

who wasn't overpaid this offseason? give me a break

great moves all around by garth.. hopefully this'll shut all the people up out there who doubted this team for the past 3 days

mapisles2025
New York Islanders

Posted: Today @ 1:12 AM ET

Who will Nolan give the 'C' too??

Joe_Canuck
Vancouver Canucks

Posted: Today @ 1:17 AM ET

Ruslan Fedotenko gets 2.9 mil but they wouldnt pay Blake 4 mil?!
I dont get it! Fedotenko was making 1.65 last year, what did he do to earn the raise?
32 points?! The other signings are great, but I just dont get this one.

by the way, the Canucks are my favorite team (and home city),
but Im also a HUGE Islanders fan so Im not just slamming a team I dont follow.

Either way, Im very excited about the up comming season.
Alot of young talent and now a veteran leader like Guerin, should be fun!

(and Im so glad the Jovo deal didnt happen! take it from a Canuck fan, he isnt the super star some people seem to think. Defensively he's a complete joke!)

Joe_Canuck
Vancouver Canucks

Posted: Today @ 1:21 AM ET

- w_hp

a Leaf fan talking about over paid players?!
hows your defense and back up goalie doin?!
haha!
dont worry, Im sure you'll sign a washed up has been soon for a huge deal! I hear Doug Gilmour is looking for work.

Probably either Sillinger or Witt, with the other wearing the A. I assume Guerin comes in and gets the other A as well.

DanNOLA

Posted: Today @ 1:37 AM ET

Guerin>Yashin
Fedo>Kozlov
Comrie>Most of Blake's seasons and he will be MUCH more well liked/respected by the team and much younger with a whole bunch of potential.

I'll take this any day. The main position that I'd still like to see replaced is a D-man that can put up the minutes that Poti did and compliment MAB on the PP. Spiller might not look like all that much, but I think he could add a 7-10 minute, big, bruising aspect to our D that we haven't seen in a few years.

Hey guys...why not? Why not an exciting season from our boys?

I don't care what anyone thinks of Garth and Wang and whatnot. Like I've said before...IT'S FRIGGIN JULY!!! Let's see where we are at for Training Camp. These are good steps...and we may see a few more before the puck drops.

I cant believe i am going to agree with the Ranger fan but...
What's so hard to believe there? You act like one.

badcellphoneguy

Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Cromwell is your next trick turning lemonade into wine? My problem is how many more times are we going to be rebuilding. There is no renovated coliseium on the horizon. A very very very fragile fan base. A new arena set to open in Newark and one about ready to break ground in brooklyn. *cough cough Brooklyn Americans cough cough*

When I walk into the coliseum I always think about who played on that ice. How John Pickett, Jr. never broke up that team from 1978 to 1987. How he always had Bill Torrey shopping for the best groceries for the team. Charles's front office is laughing stock of the league. Pat LaFontaine and Neil Smith knew Charles would never listen to them. Charles needs to stick to his new love which is real estate and have the best hockey guys run this team. If not...move this franchise or sell it.

Cromwell this is reality. Fans can only take so much. You want to pay top dollar to see medicrocy. I want to pay top dollar to watch a team to battle for a stanley cup not a dixie cup. Enough is enough on long island.

BTW...Did Rangers tickets go up this year?

badcellphoneguy

Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
What's so hard to believe there? You act like one.

I act like one. Cause I am a realist. I want to root for a winner and not being one of master po's kicking dummies for the local teams. I want to be able to walk into MSG proud to wear the white, orange and blue and not be embarassed. This team is not going to be a winner. As I said in a previous post I hope i am wrong. I just dont have confidence with this team.

Allan Rourke was a huge hit to the blue line. I hope he does well in Edmonton and will see him when he plays in Springfield this year.

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
The reality is - bad-cellphonefan

The Islanders would have finished ahead of the rags last year if DiPietro didn't get hurt. You know - the goalie widely respected throughout the league - but that you - bad cell fan that you are - choose to continually bash.

We would have finished 7th, instead of 8th (we were ahead of them all season until Rick got hurt and we put in the useless Dunham - who was a sieve) - and we would have beat Atlanta in the playoffs.

Lets do a little math here - we lost a close series to Buffalo - and the rags did too. Where's your inability to walk into MSGtoilet and not wear your Jersey with pride? You are just a continual whiner and I'm sick to death of it.

Yeah - we lost Smyth - Islander management miscalculated on that. But its over and done and we've make some pretty decent moves in the last few days.

Nolan will make *this* years team competitive too.

Mark my words.

Cha94

Open up your mind, pick up your brain
Aug 12, 2003
Leesport, Pa
Crom, I'm not trying to jump on the bandwagon with the others or start shit, but I really do think you are way off with saying that Nolan will make the team competitive. With the amount of talent that they lost and with some of the people they signed, its not overly impressive. I could be way off. Blake, Smyth, Poti, Kozlov, Hill, Zednick, that is a tough core of talent to lose.

I hope you are right, it will make for some great Atlantic Division battles if they are right there in the thick of things. I dont follow the Isles to closely since Im not a fan of theirs, but from a "outsiders" perspective I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
(rather than serving up yet-another place for miscreant rags and devil fans to bash us)
This, coming from the WORST basher all of last season. Hell, you made FLYERS fans look civil.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Oh look... you italicized "fan" in his name to point out that you don't think he's a good fan. Sounds like a bash.

Cromwell said:
to walk into MSGtoilet
Gee... that sounds like a bash, too.

Cromwell said:
but that you - bad cell fan that you are - choose to continually bash.
And you have the unmitigated gall to call someone ELSE a basher?

Dude, I could care less if you bash other teams. That's what being a homer fan is. We're all guilty of it sometimes... and some obviously more than others.

But don't you dare accuse other fans (you're own team's fans at that) of being bashers... when you are the worst offender. It comes off more than a little hypocritical. Kettle... meet Pot.

meow! :action-sm

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
The one thing here that I do see happening is Nolan will get the most out of this group. As long as DP stays healthy, the group we have now will at least contend for a playoff spot (not that I think Snow is in any way shape or form done trying to put the 2008 team together).

Will the Isles win the cup this year? No, but how many teams will?

Cromwell

Sep 28, 2004
Westbury, Long Island
Hey Father Douchegal - piss off. You came into the Isles thread last year with your horseshit - and I gave it right back to you. I guess my "see ya" in your rags thread (after Buffalo put your fairy pipe dreams to bed) got to ya. Good. :icon_mrgr

You talk a lot of crap but can't take any.

We'll see you when the season starts. We took the season series from you last year and I have faith that Nolan will get the most out of these guys - and we'll do it again.

And your right, Shucker (who is a real fan, not a self-loathing one) - only *one* team wins the Cup - and it sure wasn't the rags.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Well, I did not think to add the StRangers, but those ass hats aint winning the cup this year either.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Allan Rourke was a huge hit to the blue line. I hope he does well in Edmonton and will see him when he plays in Springfield this year.
Allan Rourke was horrid. Didn't he swat the puck into his own net last season? He's probably a 2nd d-man pairing in the AHL.

All in all, it's July 6th and there's alot of work to be done. Adding Comrie, Guerin, and Fedotenko is not enough...but it's a leap in the right direction. Things are really starting to look better compared to how alot of us felt July 1st.

Let's Go Islanders!

Cha94

Open up your mind, pick up your brain
Aug 12, 2003
Leesport, Pa
Allan Rourke was horrid. Didn't he swat the puck into his own net last season? He's probably a 2nd d-man pairing in the AHL.
TSN.ca's scouting report on him. Says his career potential is a "Reserve Defenseman" Doesnt sound like they lost to much by trading him. Plus the past few years he bounced between the AHL and NHL.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Hey Father Douchegal - piss off. You came into the Isles thread last year with your horseshit
Hmm... really?

"Member Search - Posts by Fr. Dougal in 2006/07 NY Islanders thread:
Sorry - no matches."

"Member Search - Posts by Cromwell in 2006/07 NY Rangers thread: 8."

You wanna try again there, boy genius?

Please show me where I came into the Isles thread and bashed them. No, seriously. You said it. Now show me.

The TRUTH, buddy boy... is that you started your typical bullshit. And I'm seeing you now even bash your own fans. Like I said before... It's fine to bash. But you're a hypocrite. I've met a lot of decent Islanders fans. Every one of which would be champing at the bit to beat the ever-loving shit out of you. Personally, I can take the bashing, despite what you think. It's fun when it's done good-natured. But I have a real problem taking it from a hypocrite.

And by all means, please continue the member bashing!

Jul 26, 2005

The Islanders would have finished ahead of the rags last year if DiPietro didn't get hurt. You know - the goalie widely respected throughout the league - but that you - bad cell fan that you are - choose to continually bash.

We would have finished 7th, instead of 8th (we were ahead of them all season until Rick got hurt and we put in the useless Dunham - who was a sieve) - and we would have beat Atlanta in the playoffs.

Would've, could've, should've. DIDN'T Case Closed.

"Lets do a little math here - we lost a close series to Buffalo - and the rags did too."

If your team was 7.7 seconds away from taking a 3-2 series lead, when current New York Ranger, Chris Drury scored and turned the series around, then you can compare how close you came to beating Buffalo with how close the Rangers were.

[/QUOTE]