Possible "Bias" crime in Queens....against whites??

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Saw this and had to post it.

Police investigate possible bias attack in QueensTeen was beaten with a bat, other punched in face
Eyewitness News
(Queens - WABC, November 1, 2007) - Two white teenagers were attacked in Howard Beach, Queens where police are trying to determine if it was a bias crime.

One teen was beaten with a bat, the other was punched in the face.

The attacked happened at a McDonald's at Cross Bay Boulevard and 160th Street.

Eyewitness News reporter Michelle Charlesworth has the story.

The NYPD tells us there are two reasons why they are investigating this as a bias crime. One, because allegedly racial charged language was used. Two, because of a past history of racial tensions here in Howard Beach.

Surveillance video was recorded minutes before two 16-year-old white males say they were attacked, both of them hit in the face and head.

It was Halloween night around 10 p.m. and according to a stamp on the surveillance video, it was shot at 9:55 p.m.

At one point on the tape, a black bar or bat in the hands of one young man is clearly visible.

The police commissioner says that after an alleged egging by white teens on the street, and then a "stare down," a large group of black and Hispanic youths came running.

"A few minutes later a group reported to be anywhere from 30 to 40, mostly black and Hispanic, some of them carrying sticks arrived back and go into a McDonalds where two of the men from the initial group were assaulted," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

The surveillance video recorded just prior to the alleged attacks was shot from a nearby business.

"I actually saw a black stick ball and a hammer," one eyewitness said.

Police say they made five arrests and are now investigating this as a possible bias crime.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5737978

Saw this and was in total shock. They are actual considering it a hate crime against two white kids. Howard Beach no less.
Maybe a little bit of common sense breaking out or maybe somebody screwing the ole double stndard approach and decided to look at each crime fairly.
So where's Al & Jesse???? "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!"

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
we should expect this to be on the cover the ny post tomorrow right?:icon_conf

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Wow I've never heard anyone refer to a hate crime on whites. Good for you channel 7.

CringeRadioWanted

I got nothin'....
Aug 23, 2003
And I'm sure that this story will disappear in about 2.3 x the speed of light....

If those were people of paler complexion holding that bar and swinging it, we'd be hearing about this for the next 4 months on every fucking channel. Goddamn double standards...hate crimes are despicable, no matter who the offending party is. It just sucks that the media refuses to publicize both sides.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
They are actual considering it a hate crime against two white kids. Howard Beach no less.
Maybe a little bit of common sense breaking out or maybe somebody screwing the ole double stndard approach and decided to look at each crime fairly.
So where's Al & Jesse???? "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!"
Al & Jesse are huddled together trying to spin it so that the white kids were the aggressors & the black & hispanic kids were the victims

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Wow I've never heard anyone refer to a hate crime on whites. Good for you channel 7.
Not hate crime, a bias crime. I guess they were just a little peeved.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
And I'm sure that this story will disappear in about 2.3 x the speed of light....

If those were people of paler complexion holding that bar and swinging it, we'd be hearing about this for the next 4 months on every fucking channel. Goddamn double standards...hate crimes are despicable, no matter who the offending party is. It just sucks that the media refuses to publicize both sides.

Problem is will there be people keeping the story in the limelight? In the other cases there was someone bringing publicity to the incident, like Al & Jesse. If they didn't the media would lose interest and it would just go away.

mabel

Sep 6, 2002
This will disappear as fast as that story about a kid in New York who was killed after he was chased into the street while a few youths were screaming "get the white boy". For some reason it wasn't listed as a hate crime. I guess it was his fault for given a homeless man money and not expecting another group to attack him. Then again don't forget about that mom that had her front window smashed going to Sunrise Mall because a youth felt that the mall was getting "too white" At least he was charged with a hate crime, but the story never received the over hype that the media loves to do when its the other way around.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
This will disappear as fast as that story about a kid in New York who was killed after he was chased into the street while a few youths were screaming "get the white boy". For some reason it wasn't listed as a hate crime. I guess it was his fault for given a homeless man money and not expecting another group to attack him. Then again don't forget about that mom that had her front window smashed going to Sunrise Mall because a youth felt that the mall was getting "too white" At least he was charged with a hate crime, but the story never received the over hype that the media loves to do when its the other way around.
I forgot about the one where they yelled, "get the white boy". The media won't allow me to forget about certain crimes but easily allow me to forget about others. You know what I mean. Thanks for reminding me why I harbor the feelings I do.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022007/news/regionalnews/hward_beach_brawl_621089.htm

November 2, 2007 -- A Halloween donnybrook broke out in Howard Beach, Queens, where the lines of hate were again drawn in black and white.

A group of white teens in the infamous neighborhood was allegedly chased and viciously beaten by a group of black teens from Brooklyn in an incident set off by an egg toss.

A woman who pulled her 14-year-old son to safety in her car as he ran for his life said he told her, "They got hammers and bats, they're going to kill us. The blacks were saying 'I'm going to kill you, you white motherf-----s!' "

A 16-year-old white kid was hospitalized after being hit in the face with stickball bats, cops said. Another got punched in the nose and suffered a laceration.

The powder keg was lit when about a dozen white kids standing outside a McDonald's at 92nd Street and 159th Avenue noticed a similarly sized group of black youths walking toward them at 10 p.m. Wednesday.

The apparent leader of the black group walked up to his white counterpart and circled him while staring menacingly, police sources said.

As the black teen walked away, one of the white kids threw an egg at him, the sources said.

The targeted teen ran to the corner and "summoned about approximately 30 to 40 additional male blacks and Hispanics," one source said.

On surveillance tape from around the neighborhood, a large group of black and Hispanic youths can be seen walking with bats and hammers.

"It was pretty much chaos out here last night, everybody was running everywhere," said one cop.

As fights broke out on all sides, many of the white kids ran into the McDonald's for help.

"It was hectic," said a witness in the restaurant. "Knowing the reputation of the neighborhood, why would you come around here on Halloween, except to look for trouble."

Charged with assault, menacing and criminal possession of weapons were Patrick Pugh, 18, Terrance Scott, 18, George Morales, 25, Talique Jackson, 16, and Victor Tossas, 16, all of Brooklyn.

Cops were still investigating whether to add hate-crime charges to the raps.

Howard Beach has nearly become synonymous with "bias attack" after two notorious incidents over the past 20 years.

In 1986 a black man was struck and killed by a car on the Belt Parkway after being chased by a gang of whites. In 2005 Nicholas "Fat Nick" Minucci beat down a black man with a baseball bat. He was sentenced last year to 15 years behind bars.
Apperently Rev Al is just too busy deciding if hes going to do something against MSG

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...wont_protest_msg_just_yet_says_al_shar-2.html
The Knicks season opens tonight, but the Rev. Al Sharpton still hasn't decided whether to launch protests over Isiah Thomas' incendiary comments about the "B" word.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Don't these white kids have guns or knives or bats to defend themselves with? This is just poor planning on their part.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Considering the racial tension in Howard Beach, I think cops will investigate this as a hate crime as a way of preventing a full out race battle from breaking out.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Ebony and Ivoreeeeee live to.....gether......in....perfect....... ah fuck it.

Everybody Kill Each Other !!!

On a side note, the Sharpton stuff is getting tired. Yes he's a douche, but that's like stating 2 + 2 = 4, if you don't know that by now, you should be drooling against the window of a short bus on the way to the zoo.

And of course the media won't cover it, but what are you going to do?
Accept that you are an evil white man/woman and let it go. Accept that you are paying for sins you did'nt commit, and move on with your life. Take care of your family and friends, and let the rest of this shithole go to hell in a handbasket already.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Shit, I know that Micky Ds, been there many times.

I cant wait to see how this plays out.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Its not in the daily news and its on page 27 of the NY post today on half of the page that it shares with the "Weird but True" news and an article about some dogs who are heroes.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Maybe its not that big news when its blacks and Hispanics beating up on whites because it expected and usual, like a car accident.
While as whites beating up on blacks is unusual and big news...like an plane crash.

So does that makes us whites that racist?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Alright let you all know, the story was just on the channel 4 news, at 6:07 pm, est. They even interviewed some of the local guineas(one of the pretty girl, love that accent) refecting many of your views on Wackbag.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
The latest...arrest have been made...

Five young men arrested in possible bias attackCharged with assault in beating of white teens
Eyewitness News
(Queens - WABC, November 2, 2007) - Five young men are under arrest on assault charges in an attack in Howard Beach.

You saw it first on Eyewitness News -- surveillance video showing a young man armed with a bat moments before a group of black men attacked two white teens.

Eyewitness News reporter NJ Burkett has the story from Kew Gardens.

Was this attack racially motivated? That is what the Queens district attorney is trying to figure out. No bias charges have been filed in the case so far, but prosecutors say the circumstances surrounding the attack are troubling.

The suspects are all young African-American men, all were arraigned this morning on felony assault charges.

They are charges that could be upgraded.

"This was not simply a harmless Halloween prank," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

Brown said he has not ruled out bias charges.

The incident, which happened at around 10 p.m. on Halloween night, was recorded on videotape from a nearby surveillance camera. A crowd of African-American from Brooklyn converged on a crown of young white men from Howard Beach.

"They were dressed in sweatsuits with hoodies on, and one kid had a bat," one witness said. "The other kid had like a pipe."

"A crowbar, like a metal pipe," another said. "The girls had their chains wrapped around their hands."

"You come here with weapons, you're looking for trouble, no doubt about it," the first witness said.

What provoked the confrontation is still not clear. But two white teenagers were injured.

Brown says his investigators have not determined whether the fight was racially motivated.

"It behooves us to examine exactly what transpired, talk to witnesses, see if any racial epithets that were spoken to determine whether this is a case that ought to be prosecuted under the hate crimes statue," he said.

Five suspects were arrested in total. Three of them remain in custody, being held on bail. As for the victims, one suffered a broken nose and the other needed seven stiches in the side of his head.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5739964

Now we'll see if the Queens DA has the guts to handle this as a "Bias" crime.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Why not use Fat Nick's case as a precedence for this one ?