Post Things You Find Funny X

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
That's about the only thing that puts him above Bobo.

But, of course, he can only drive an automatic.
That’s not saying much, not many people now days can drive a stick, and fewer can start a car with a manual choke

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
That’s not saying much, not many people now days can drive a stick, and fewer can start a car with a manual choke
I can. Some people consider a manual transmission an anti-theft device, and they're not wrong. I will admit cars with a manual choke have individual personalities, starting one when it's cold can require a keen sense of smell and being very nice to the battery. Sometimes if what you're doing isn't working it's best to stop and reassess the situation.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I can. Some people consider a manual transmission an anti-theft device, and they're not wrong. I will admit cars with a manual choke have individual personalities, starting one when it's cold can require a keen sense of smell and being very nice to the battery. Sometimes if what you're doing isn't working it's best to stop and reassess the situation.
Don’t forget to set the points with a match book first

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
You win, I've never owned a dwell gauge and my vacuum gage failed calibration last time I sent it in but I still have it.
I found the dwell gauge in a box of junk at a yard sale and have only used it once to set the points on my triumph, glorious leader had one of those old sun engine analyzers with the analog meters and dials on it, only the one mechanic knew how it even worked. The only reason I have the vacuum gage is because it was cheep

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
I found the dwell gauge in a box of junk at a yard sale and have only used it once to set the points on my triumph, glorious leader had one of those old sun engine analyzers with the analog meters and dials on it, only the one mechanic knew how it even worked. The only reason I have the vacuum gage is because it was cheep
I use vacuum gages to pull a vacuum for some functional checks if the book says I can use it instead of having to hook up a pitot/static test box to the airplane. One example is the cabin pressure safety valve , it opens if the outflow valve fails so the airplane doesn't rupture from overpressurization. It works based on differential pressure not altitude so a vacuum gage works fine. The other option is to pressurize the airplane to max differential on the ground using the APU or an engine and make sure it opens, I don't mind doing it but it takes awhile and some peoples ears can't take it.