Post Things You Find Infuriating

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Well, I’m definately in a state where they gogue you. I think it was like $35 extra bucks, just for an extra bit of verification. I declined because I just used my passport when I needed to fly. You say this will be required by 2020, but it raises an interesting question, how can it be required now for some states and not for others? I couldn’t use my DL from my state to board an airplane while someone from another state does not need the Real ID at this point.
It'll be nationwide in 2020, it's not required to fly anywhere yet unless your ID is from American Samoa. It's also going to be required to enter any federal facility that requires an ID. In my opinion a $35 fee every 5 years won't break the bank, taking a couple of pieces of paper with me when I have to go anyway is no trouble, why not get the Real ID? I'm ahead of the curve and it's just one less thing that could bite me in the ass later.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
It'll be nationwide in 2020, it's not required to fly anywhere yet unless your ID is from American Samoa. It's also going to be required to enter any federal facility that requires an ID. In my opinion a $35 fee every 5 years won't break the bank, taking a couple of pieces of paper with me when I have to go anyway is no trouble, why not get the Real ID? I'm ahead of the curve and it's just one less thing that could bite me in the ass later.
Then I guess I was lied to at the DMV where I was told it’s required to fly. Still, I’m not sure I see what some minor extra verification really does. Let me ask this, will this ID be required in a lot of places to, say.....vote?

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Then I guess I was lied to at the DMV where I was told it’s required to fly. Still, I’m not sure I see what some minor extra verification really does. Let me ask this, will this ID be required in a lot of places to, say.....vote?
No.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
You were dumb enough to take the word of a DMV employee that might be even less educated regarding the real ID than you are. When you have to interact with the DMV at the very least you should know what you're talking about. My guess is you weren't aware and you arrived unprepared, you were forced to decline because didn't have the required documents. You'll end up going back before 2020 so you don't have to carry your passport to travel domestic. Mine is done, have fun.

Last edited:

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
You were dumb enough to take the word of a DMV employee that might be even less educated regarding the real ID than you are. When you have to interact with the DMV at the very least you should know what you're talking about. My guess is you weren't aware and you arrived unprepared, you were forced to decline because didn't have the required documents. You'll end up going back before 2020 so you don't have to carry your passport to travel domestic. Mine is done, have fun.
I didn't even know about it at the time so I didn't have two pieces of mail with my current address. I took the guy's word for what it meant since I figure there's at least some kind of memo went around regarding what the ID really means.

Congrats, you got yours, I'll have to make another trip eventually.

And happy birthday, dick.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
I didn't even know about it at the time so I didn't have two pieces of mail with my current address. I took the guy's word for what it meant since I figure there's at least some kind of memo went around regarding what the ID really means.

Congrats, you got yours, I'll have to make another trip eventually.

And happy birthday, dick.
I was correct, and Thanks.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
The Begging people do in their youtube channels for likes and subs. Enough. We all know how it works.
I mentioned it here a little while ago I think but theres a new thing on FB where on someone's birthday they ask for donations to some cause. No, hows about I take 4 seconds out of my day to type a quick perfucatory "happy birthday" on your timeline, person who I probably haven't seen or talked to in a long time, and move on? I ain't opening my wallet for you!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I mentioned it here a little while ago I think but theres a new thing on FB where on someone's birthday they ask for donations to some cause. No, hows about I take 4 seconds out of my day to type a quick perfucatory "happy birthday" on your timeline, person who I probably haven't seen or talked to in a long time, and move on? I ain't opening my wallet for you!
I honestly talk to “in real life” about 10 of my facebook friends, and they are lucky if I post a happy birthday on their wall f they are really really lucky I will buy them a beer if we’re out and it is their actual birthday

jnoble

Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I honestly talk to “in real life” about 10 of my facebook friends, and they are lucky if I post a happy birthday on their wall f they are really really lucky I will buy them a beer if we’re out and it is their actual birthday
I got a snicker a couple weeks ago from a woman I know who posted this whole song and dance about her personal pet cause of dogs abused in China and some organization that helps them and her stated goal of raising $500 towards the charity for her b-day ended up topping out at $20 :haha7:

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I’ve bitched about this in the past but my ducking iPad constantly changes the stuff I type to nonsensical gibberish, I see the letters I type highlight, then I will go back and read what I wrote and it will be words that aren’t even close to what I know I typed

Chip Spackler

Patron Saint of Autists
Donator
Jan 5, 2016
I’ve bitched about this in the past but my ducking iPad constantly changes the stuff I type to nonsensical gibberish, I see the letters I type highlight, then I will go back and read what I wrote and it will be words that aren’t even close to what I know I typed
I think Dome has the same issue.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I’ve bitched about this before but it bears revisiting because it really it’s infuriating.
Mostly done buy women, and second or third generation, usually educated women, of some Latino decent that put on “over the top” Latino accents, I was listening to NPR (I’m a glutton for punishment) these two women were discussing some topic centric to Latino culture, BOTH women have absolutely no “accent” but every time they say “Latino” or reference something “Latino” oriented they put on this “Rosie Perez” sassy Latino accent, I wish I could each through my radio and smack the fuck out of them. I often wonder if they even speak fluent Spanish or just put it on when ordering tacos

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I’ve bitched about this before but it bears revisiting because it really it’s infuriating.
Mostly done buy women, and second or third generation, usually educated women, of some Latino decent that put on “over the top” Latino accents, I was listening to NPR (I’m a glutton for punishment) these two women were discussing some topic centric to Latino culture, BOTH women have absolutely no “accent” but every time they say “Latino” or reference something “Latino” oriented they put on this “Rosie Perez” sassy Latino accent, I wish I could each through my radio and smack the fuck out of them. I often wonder if they even speak fluent Spanish or just put it on when ordering tacos
Laura Ingraham does that. Every time she says a Hispanic name, she's rolling her R's and shit. I thought maybe she was half Mexican or something, but nope, pure Aryan through and through. Or maybe she married some foreigner, but nope, never married at all. Then I heard her pronounce Vladimir as vlah-DEE-mir. Yeah, it's accurate, but fuck off, ya pompous cunt.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Laura Ingraham does that. Every time she says a Hispanic name, she's rolling her R's and shit. I thought maybe she was half Mexican or something, but nope, pure Aryan through and through. Or maybe she married some foreigner, but nope, never married at all. Then I heard her pronounce Vladimir as vlah-DEE-mir. Yeah, it's accurate, but fuck off, ya pompous cunt.
Yep, save your fake accents

jnoble

Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
News anchors have been doing that for many years. Its like their way of pandering to Hispanics. One minute they're speaking in that stilted news-y non regional way and next they sound like Speedy Gonzales when saying words like "Puerto Rico".
SNL as far back as the late 80s or early 90s did a sketch with Jimmy Smits goofing on that.
I never noticed Laura Ingram doing that but I do notice her bad habit of constantly interrupting and shouting over her guests mid-sentence more so than other talking heads. Its infuriating

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Well, he’s not waiting anymore.

So to my petty complaint.
My wife pays for 4 phones, two of the people on the plan gobble up all the data, so that on the rare occasion that I “stream” TACS while I’m cutting the grass at my house, I go over on our data, The wife has discussed this with the data hog, and she refuses to stop streaming pandora for two hours a day, and using other data gobbling apps, like Watching Movies on our Amazon account while she’s on her lunch break because “I’m not using the work WiFi” , the reply “oh I will just give you the $20” .... no she won’t, and it’s not about the $20 it’s about her glib attitude, my personal opinion is to cut her phone off because she also smashes her phone within days of getting it, because she refuses to put a case on it (it makes it too big) and is constantly using “our” phone upgrades the second they become available, my phone is years old because of this....
The other data hog has also been “talked to” but explaining how to use WiFi is a waste of time and inevitably results in a trip to the phone store

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Well, he’s not waiting anymore.

So to my petty complaint.
My wife pays for 4 phones, two of the people on the plan gobble up all the data, so that on the rare occasion that I “stream” TACS while I’m cutting the grass at my house, I go over on our data, The wife has discussed this with the data hog, and she refuses to stop streaming pandora for two hours a day, and using other data gobbling apps, like Watching Movies on our Amazon account while she’s on her lunch break because “I’m not using the work WiFi” , the reply “oh I will just give you the $20” .... no she won’t, and it’s not about the $20 it’s about her glib attitude, my personal opinion is to cut her phone off because she also smashes her phone within days of getting it, because she refuses to put a case on it (it makes it too big) and is constantly using “our” phone upgrades the second they become available, my phone is years old because of this....
The other data hog has also been “talked to” but explaining how to use WiFi is a waste of time and inevitably results in a trip to the phone store
I've never looked into it, but I bet there's a way to cap data by device in the account settings on the carriers site. Just cut them off and the problem will correct itself.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I don't believe in a single conspiracy other than I think my phone company scams me out of data. I guess I call it a conspiracy because I think all phone companies do it even though I have zero evidence for it. Maybe Q can help me out.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I don't believe in a single conspiracy other than I think my phone company scams me out of data. I guess I call it a conspiracy because I think all phone companies do it even though I have zero evidence for it. Maybe Q can help me out.
Your phone records data usage also. My phone shows me using 2.73 gigs so far, while the Verizon app shows me at 2.25.