Post Things You Find Infuriating

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
My ex wife accused wackbag of making me a mean horrible cynical person... ummm no, I was all of that long before she met me, wackbag just let me express it
You don’t need wackbag to make you a mean horrible cynical person, but it helps.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Yeah, well, a blind peasant beggar in 1940s' Ukraine is not supposed to have a lip job. Chances are she would not have teeth at the age that actress was. And a Russian peasant in the 1840s' Russia is not supposed to have baboon lips and full make up on her botox paralyzed face.

Costume dramas are usually made for chicks (hence the name period dramas, ha ha ha), the producers should take one for the team and casting couch a chick with a human face to appeal to the target audience.
Ok, I thought I was the only person that annoyed, the other thing is the coshtumes themselves, I guess I missed something, and I may be wrong, but in the 1500’s I’m not sure the technology even existed to weave the types of fabrics that you see common people wearing, I know a few “hobby” type weavers, and even using modern materials their looms can not reliably produce the types of quality of cloth. Occasionally you will come across a movie where they show “commoners” wearing rough woven or knitted clothing, stuff tha would be made entirely by hand

Creasy Bear

Donator
Ok, I thought I was the only person that annoyed, the other thing is the coshtumes themselves, I guess I missed something, and I may be wrong, but in the 1500’s I’m not sure the technology even existed to weave the types of fabrics that you see common people wearing, I know a few “hobby” type weavers, and even using modern materials their looms can not reliably produce the types of quality of cloth. Occasionally you will come across a movie where they show “commoners” wearing rough woven or knitted clothing, stuff tha would be made entirely by hand
I heard some dopey "spiritual medium" prattling on about past lives, and how she had fought alongside William Wallace(Mel Gibson) in a past life, and she knew she was Clan McGregor(or whatever) because she was wearing the tartan of the clan.

Yeah, one problem with that though, William Wallace was around in the late 1200s/early 1300s, and it would take hundreds of years before they came up with the dyes and the looms to make tartan textiles. Highland Scots in William Wallace's time wore something called a saffron tunic, which was basically just a burlap sack they threw over their heads. They weren't dyed fancy colors... unless you consider the yellow of the horse urine they were dyed with to be fancy. And over their horse piss potato sacks they wore cowhide jerkins... leather vests. They looked nothing like the kilt-wearing Scots highlanders of Hollywood's imagination.

The whole "clan tartan kilt" thing wasn't even a thing until the early 1800's, and the Scots of the 1300s would've probably taken one look at the foppery of fancy-colored kilts and gone...

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Look at the trailer of the upcoming Robin Hood movie for a whole slew of "that didn't or couldnt have existed" things like the clothes and weapons.
Don't get me started on Jamie Foxx as the token black good guy sidekick

THE FEZ MAN

Look at the trailer of the upcoming Robin Hood movie for a whole slew of "that didn't or couldnt have existed" things like the clothes and weapons.
Don't get me started on Jamie Foxx as the token black good guy sidekick
I watched about 15 minutes of “Lincoln” and had to turn it off when the main black character started talking back to his white officers and said “I don’t like the smell of boot black” to Lincoln, that boy would have been rightfully strung up in a tree for that shit.
Ironically the closest thing I’ve seen to historical accuracy is “driving miss Daisy” the interactions between the black help, and one another combined with Miss Daisy treating them like “the help” the the other would have been “gangs of New York” most northern whites wanted nothing to do with freeing the blacks, alos at least the set dressings and coshtumes were “dirty” like most people of the time.
Another thing that makes me laugh is the old 1950’s westerns, we watch a lot of gunsmoke, the rifleman and bonanza, at my men’s club (I don’t control the TV) the way they throw money around is laughable $20! That’s $600 in 1870

Creasy Bear

Donator
I watched about 15 minutes of “Lincoln” and had to turn it off when the main black character started talking back to his white officers and said “I don’t like the smell of boot black” to Lincoln, that boy would have been rightfully strung up in a tree for that shit.
Ironically the closest thing I’ve seen to historical accuracy is “driving miss Daisy” the interactions between the black help, and one another combined with Miss Daisy treating them like “the help” the the other would have been “gangs of New York” most northern whites wanted nothing to do with freeing the blacks, alos at least the set dressings and coshtumes were “dirty” like most people of the time.
Another thing that makes me laugh is the old 1950’s westerns, we watch a lot of gunsmoke, the rifleman and bonanza, at my men’s club (I don’t control the TV) the way they throw money around is laughable $20! That’s $600 in 1870
HBO did a good job with their John Adams series. They gave certain actors messed up yellowy teeth and didn't try and hide the blotchy skin and zits.

jnoble

There's a new movie opening this week called Green Book which is like a reverse Driving Miss Daisy. A white guy driving around a black piano player in the 1960's deep south. Hijinks ensue and important lessons are learned. Its based on a true story but I'm sure it got Hollywood'd up in the process making the white guy a dim hayseed type playing off to his soon to be best friend wise black man in the back seat trying to deal with racist America and whitey :rolleyes:
May as well give them the Oscar now

jnoble

There's also a movie that just opened Boy Erased about a gay teen going to a gay conversion camp. Another sure-bet to be nominated for an award

Although it would be a hoot if there was an alternate version put out in random theaters with the kid going straight at the end and happily banging girls left and right :haha7:

THE FEZ MAN

There's also a movie that just opened Boy Erased about a gay teen going to a gay conversion camp. Another sure-bet to be nominated for an award

Although it would be a hoot if there was an alternate version put out in random theaters with the kid going straight at the end and happily banging girls left and right :haha7:
I like “old movies” (pre SJW) and think wow, that movie won an Oscar in 1975, yet would never even be made today because of the subject matter alone

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
It sometimes annoys me too, but I can get over it. Think about how vile people would have been back then. Even the fanciest of the fancy people would bathe in their own filth.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line

Why can't there be more movie about straight white men? I mean seriously. Haven't minorities and women had enough movies about themselves made already? It infuriates me because there are a limited number of screens in the world and they aren't being used for movies about straight white men being awesome. It's crap.

ysr50

Donator
I just watched two young asian men try to figure out how to close the rear hatch on some sort of late model import crossover. They started to argue about where the button to close it was, they finally found it and the bigger asian kid told the younger asian kid that no matter what happens there's always a button. The younger one had the audacity to ask about a flat tire, the older one smiled and took out his phone.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
It took me six hours to get from Reading, PA to Jersey. I'm annoyed.

Floyd1977

I like “old movies” (pre SJW) and think wow, that movie won an Oscar in 1975, yet would never even be made today because of the subject matter alone
There are movies barely 10 years old that couldn’t be made today. Tropic Thunder would be a prime example.

Floyd1977

Yeah, well, a blind peasant beggar in 1940s' Ukraine is not supposed to have a lip job. Chances are she would not have teeth at the age that actress was. And a Russian peasant in the 1840s' Russia is not supposed to have baboon lips and full make up on her botox paralyzed face.

Costume dramas are usually made for chicks (hence the name period dramas, ha ha ha), the producers should take one for the team and casting couch a chick with a human face to appeal to the target audience.
When I watched Game of Thrones I figured Mideval magic fantasy dragon land must have had good orthodontists (thiough never seen).

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
I’ve watched “House of Cards” from the start and for the most part enjoyed it. I hung in there when it went off the rails a little and got very boring in some spots. I watched this final season to see how they would handle Spacey’s exit and to see how it ends. I watched the finale last night....

Absolute dog shit. I wasn’t expecting a MASH, Newhart, or Six Feet Under grade ending, but this was fucking terrible. Netflix would have been better off just scrapping the show after they fired Spacey and letting it drift out of memory. Now I’m pissed off that I watched that hunk of shit.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
More bitching:

1.) Being trapped inside because of a “snowstorm” that would barely raise an eyebrow up north, but here in South Carolina, shuts down the entire city. There’s no reason to leave the house, because everything is closed anyway. If I did leave, I could easily end up in a ditch because they don’t clear the roads.

2.) Fox not having an affiliate on Directv Now.

3.) Fox not being allowed to stream NFL games on their app.

4.) The shitty rabbit ears I use to watch the local Fox channel is hit or miss, especially during the day. Of course, today, it’s “miss”. CBS comes in great, but I don’t give a shit about Indy vs Houston.

Could be worse, just two miles north of me is without power and will be that way for a while. But that’s irrelevant. I want to watch my TV without scrambley blocks showing up every time someone walks across the room.

Haeder

South Dakota
More bitching:

1.) Being trapped inside because of a “snowstorm” that would barely raise an eyebrow up north, but here in South Carolina, shuts down the entire city. There’s no reason to leave the house, because everything is closed anyway. If I did leave, I could easily end up in a ditch because they don’t clear the roads.

2.) Fox not having an affiliate on Directv Now.

3.) Fox not being allowed to stream NFL games on their app.

4.) The shitty rabbit ears I use to watch the local Fox channel is hit or miss, especially during the day. Of course, today, it’s “miss”. CBS comes in great, but I don’t give a shit about Indy vs Houston.

Could be worse, just two miles north of me is without power and will be that way for a while. But that’s irrelevant. I want to watch my TV without scrambley blocks showing up every time someone walks across the room.
Hulu live.

Ditch cable. Ditch satellite tv. Spend the savings on better internet service. Profit.