Post Things You Find Infuriating

Queen_Bona

A friend on FB suddenly decided that chem trails are real. And that I shouldn't be a "sheeple" for arguing otherwise.
A guy I know is celebrating banning a patriotic metal band from playing in my town because "they nazi". When asked to show me their "nazi" lyrics or any photos of nazi salute or nazi symbols on stage or in their album art, they go "if you're smart, you'll find them yourself". Fuckhead.

Not that I would go. Patriotic pop music makes me cringe.

A guy I know is celebrating banning a patriotic metal band from playing in my town because "they nazi". When asked to show me their "nazi" lyrics or any photos of nazi salute or nazi symbols on stage or in their album art, they go "if you're smart, you'll find them yourself". Fuckhead.

Not that I would go. Patriotic pop music makes me cringe.
"How would you describe your band?"

"I'd say we're a Polish nationalist pop metal group."

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Goddamnit! I'm in for a week or so of "orientation". I'll have to watch videos about falling off of a 4' ladder without fall protection and how dangerous operating a forklift can be. I'm sure they'll also toss in the training about "office safety" that gives instruction on how not to plug too many power strips into a single outlet because it's convenient. I can't sidestep it, it's part of the orientation. Fucking assholes.
If it's anything like most companies now, you'll also have to watch videos that are completely unrelated to what you do for a living.

I work in field services but have to take web classes every year on Anti-Corruption: Ethics in Decision-Making or Corporate Data Protection. Other ones too that are so memorable that I can't even remember what they're for. I just let them play in the background.

Of course we also get the same safety videos every year: Ladder Safety, Fire Extinguisher Safety, Heavy Lifting Safety and Heat Strokes: The Silent Killer. Watch them all by September 1 or your name is put on a list.

If it's anything like most companies now, you'll also have to watch videos that are completely unrelated to what you do for a living.

I work in field services but have to take web classes every year on Anti-Corruption: Ethics in Decision-Making or Corporate Data Protection. Other ones too that are so memorable that I can't even remember what they're for. I just let them play in the background.

Of course we also get the same safety videos every year: Ladder Safety, Fire Extinguisher Safety, Heavy Lifting Safety and Heat Strokes: The Silent Killer. Watch them all by September 1 or your name is put on a list.
Ya I worked for a building supply for like 20 years, 15 in the store and 5 years IT. At about year 15 of me selling everything from kitchens to windows they sent me on this course called "Yes we can" basically how to sell shit... gah what a friggin bore. Hmm I think I only had to go to two as I then moved to the corporate office to do IT shit.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger

When I worked at McDonalds way back in 1993 when I was 17 I had to watch some training videos, one of which was advising "don't be a hero" if someone robs the store at gunpoint. Just give them what they want. I thought it would've been funnier and less wimpy if they advised the opposite: "Don't be a pussy: Make like John McClain and kick some ass"

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
When I worked at McDonalds way back in 1993 when I was 17 I had to watch some training videos, one of which was advising "don't be a hero" if someone robs the store at gunpoint. Just give them what they want. I thought it would've been funnier and less wimpy if they advised the opposite: "Don't be a pussy: Make like John McClain and kick some ass"
Well maybe you shouldn't have put "spin kick champion" on your resume.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Back when I was a field engineer for a scale company, we did work for a big chemical company, and they'd make you sit through their safety video before you could do any work in the facility.

The video was hysterical. The safety officer of the plant had made it himself on the premises with like a gigantic VHS camera probably the size of a bazooka, and he was a big, goofy fatso of a guy with a ferocious combover, and he put himself and other rando plant workers into "accident scenario" recreations of like falling off ladders and getting hit by forklifts and whatnot.

Security Sam was a terrible actor, but he really threw himself into the roles with gusto and hammed it up and made cornball jokes.

The two funniest I remember were "Never take off your hard hat" that had a wrench being dropped from above and landing on his head. He punched that role up with his "dizzy eyes" rolling in his head and a ketchup packet squirted on his Trump-like combed-over mane of hair to simulate a ghastly scalp injury.

Then there was "Never turn any valves without authorization" that romp saw Sam blasted in the face with scalding steam(a fire extinguisher discharged in his face). Sam's combover flap flew straight up vertical a good foot long when they wooshed him in the face, and then, after a rough cut, Sam gets up off the ground, and they've got bright-red makeup "steam burns" slathered on his face, and Sam starts screaming in mock agony.

It was so goddamn funny we rewound it, and watched it again.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
People running stop signs and nearly hitting me head on.

Sent from your Mom's box.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
People who are close-talkers and touchers. Like they either have to give you a hug or a pat on the back and then touch your arm or something while they're talking.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
People who are close-talkers and touchers. Like they either have to give you a hug or a pat on the back and then touch your arm or something while they're talking.

I'm a bit physically standoffish so when someone I just met gets too close or pats me on the shoulder or arm or whatever despite their best intentions my first instinct is to angerly think "don't touch me"

lajikal

When you don't have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. That was great.
Attention whore Fail. Dude was in the middle of an interview. That couldn't have gone any better to her running off 'crying'.

ysr50

Donator
The new job has started with an unfortunate bang. I went and picked up my toolboxes from old employer and took them over to my new/old employer. I've moved these boxes in the bed of my old truck I think 7 times in the last twenty years with no issues. I get to the new place and wait for someone with a forklift to come help unload them. Some parts dept kid that I've never met before finally shows up after about a half hour. My boxes need to be loaded/unloaded into the bed lengthwise, the forklift goes at the end of box. It is a little sketchy but I've never had an issue. We get my roll cab out and I asked the driver to lower it until it's almost touching the ground and drive it into the hangar so I don't have to push it over the door tracks. After it's about 2" off the ground I turn my attention to the second box and that's when I heard the bang. Somehow this inept fucker managed to drop the box on it's face in the matter of about 1-2 seconds after I looked away. It caused a bit of a scene with people coming to help get it upright. The kids last day was supposed to be Wednesday apparently, but his plans were abruptly changed this afternoon and his resignation became an immediate termination. I feel bad for him but I think he was being nonchalant because he didn't give a fuck. The powers that be came out and inspected the damage to my box and swear they'll either fix it or replace it. Twenty fucking years without a dent and now this. It's pretty tweaked, the drawers and end cab were all locked but came open when it hit the ground so the locks have been compromised as well as the fucker not being quite square now and the mess inside that I decided to not address because I was beginning to get angry and decided that would be a horrible way to start this gig. FUCK!!!

Floyd1977

If video wasn’t this, worthless!!

DJ Evel Ed

SativaCross.com
Barnegat banned medical cannabis so a bunch of patients with cancer & MS went to the council meeting. Sativa Cross jam sesh at the Barnegat Council Meeting.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I'm a bit physically standoffish so when someone I just met gets too close or pats me on the shoulder or arm or whatever despite their best intentions my first instinct is to angerly think "don't touch me"
Don’t think it, say it.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Not me. I'm a hugger.