Post Things You Find Satisfying...

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I didn't mean only you. I meant you or someone you know.

I agree with everything you said but I still find it weird that is the only (or one of the few) profession.

And if you'd be happy they are fired, how is that any different than someone enjoying if a scumbag SJW is fired?
I am very uncomfortable with the concept of penalizing ideas/ideology. Both sides are equally guilty of spreading misinformation, fear mongering, irrationality, and blindness. Maybe liberals appear to have the upper hand now, but the decades of conservative dominance is what allowed that to happen. Regardless, both sides paint themselves as the plucky underdog fighting against the behemoth on the other side. It's all nonsense. It's all lies. They're all scumbags.

That being said, I think the most dangerous thing a society can do is silence any group - but cheering the muzzle might be even worse.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
That being said, I think the most dangerous thing a society can do is silence any group - but cheering the muzzle might be even worse.
But nobody's silencing them because of their beliefs or group they belong to. They got laid off because they weren't making the company enough money to warrant their job's existence. That's a huge distinction.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
But why does it matter if people cheer for varying degrees of scumbaggery? Pig thinks it's foolish to cheer for SJW's being fired but he wants doctors fired who over prescribe. I assume he thinks that is worse than being an SJW. It might be but so what? What if someone else comes along and says to Pig, "Why the fuck would you care about that? I only cheer when murderers get fired."

LiddyRules

But nobody's silencing them because of their beliefs or group they belong to. They got laid off because they weren't making the company enough money to warrant their job's existence. That's a huge distinction.
I agree. But their firing isn't being cheered for them under producing and not hitting metrics. Their firing is being cheered simply because they work for HuffPo.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I agree. But their firing isn't being cheered for them under producing. Their firing is being cheered simply because they work for HuffPo.
I would cheer it if they called for someone to be fired and then were fired for similar reasons. That didn't happen here so I'm not cheering.

I would much prefer no one is fired in the first place but that ship has sailed.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I agree. But their firing isn't being cheered for them under producing. Their firing is being cheered simply because they work for HuffPo.
Right, but it's not like those cheering have any real power whatsoever to actually silence them. It's people who got annoyed at the types of journalists who cheered miners losing their jobs and told them to learn to code throwing it back in their faces.

Edit: And I think a lot of the cheering also comes from how savagely a lot of these journalists attacked those Covington kids.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I am very uncomfortable with the concept of penalizing ideas/ideology. Both sides are equally guilty of spreading misinformation, fear mongering, irrationality, and blindness. Maybe liberals appear to have the upper hand now, but the decades of conservative dominance is what allowed that to happen. Regardless, both sides paint themselves as the plucky underdog fighting against the behemoth on the other side. It's all nonsense. It's all lies. They're all scumbags.
I feel liberalism should be the natural underdog and should only step in when conservatism becomes too extreme. I concede my premise may be wrong and that ideally there should be a perfect balance of both but I think we are more naturally conservative beings and trying to tip the scales so it's equal is a big mistake.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
It sounds like we are on the same page. You care about certain assholes getting fired and others care about other assholes being fired. So let's not act like it's crazy when people enjoy seeing others get fired.
I didnt say anyone was crazy, and I acknowledged the irony of the situation.

Just because I don’t care about something doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to.

Here’s another one - I’d be thrilled as fuck if Kevin Feige’s first act after the Disney Fox merger was to fire Simon Kinberg, but I don’t expect anyone else to feel that way. In fact, I expect Liddy to demand we see the footage and storyboards for every shitty project he ever worked on.

Pigdango

Donator
The doctors you’re bitching about are just trying to shut you up so you will go the Fuck away, you want to blame the Dr? I want to blame the people who sit around on their asses all day doing nothing of any substance other than shitting on people, who then “go to the gym” or “went adventure hiking” and fell off a cliff and get a boo boo, meanwhile the guy who fell for a roof and broke his back can’t get a Tylenol with codine, because of the first bunch of worthless pussys.
Oh, and blame the junkie not the junk or the Dr
I guess my feeling is the doctor is given his medical license and paid to spot the junkie, not just give them pills to shut them up.

LiddyRules

I feel liberalism should be the natural underdog and should only step in when conservatism becomes too extreme. I concede my premise may be wrong and that ideally there should be a perfect balance of both but I think we are more naturally conservative beings and trying to tip the scales so it's equal is a big mistake.
Commie?

LiddyRules

I didnt say anyone was crazy, and I acknowledged the irony of the situation.

Just because I don’t care about something doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to.

Here’s another one - I’d be thrilled as fuck if Kevin Feige’s first act after the Disney Fox merger was to fire Simon Kinberg, but I don’t expect anyone else to feel that way. In fact, I expect Liddy to demand we see the footage and storyboards for every shitty project he ever worked on.
Fuck Kinberg

Pigdango

Donator
But why does it matter if people cheer for varying degrees of scumbaggery? Pig thinks it's foolish to cheer for SJW's being fired but he wants doctors fired who over prescribe. I assume he thinks that is worse than being an SJW. It might be but so what? What if someone else comes along and says to Pig, "Why the fuck would you care about that? I only cheer when murderers get fired."
I...didn’t say anything of the sort. I did however say it was foolish to think George W Bush was a pedophile or John McCain was assassinated.